How do you get back to your ship? (stupidity warning)

Community Support for the game and it's features
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

How do you get back to your ship? (stupidity warning)

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:08 am

Umm.. so.. yeah, I landed on a planetary outpost, took the SRV out for a spin but couldn't find any way to get back in to my ship so I tried recalling it. Apparently that was a bad idea because it just landed (presumably) on top of someone else's landing pad or whatever, because I got the loitering warning and then they blew it to smithereens and now I'm stuck in the SRV :roll: :mrgreen:

Do I just self destruct so I can rebuy my ship?

Also, I assume there's no way to access the starport/base service screen from the SRV so I could pay the 800cr fine I got from this mess?
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Csjohbo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Trackull Farstrider

Re: How do you get back to your ship? (stupidity warning)

Postby Csjohbo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:18 am

As far as im aware you gota go boom. :shock:

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:32 am

This caught me out as well.

If you dock at a settlement and go out in the buggy.
you have to request permission to board again and the little nav ball will point you to a garage where you can get back into a ship, same way as with docking a ship via the contacts panel.

As for alternatives to this you can blow up, you loose only 1000cr for restocking the srv no penalty beyond that. or you can drive out from the base no fire zone where you can summon your ship again.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:43 am

But why would his ship be blown up?

If it's in a garage, then I assume the option to recall is grayed out? And if not, why would a recalled ship land on an occupied pad and not 1-2km away from the outpost?

Or is this just another bug?
It's time to give this another go.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:50 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:But why would his ship be blown up?

If it's in a garage, then I assume the option to recall is grayed out? And if not, why would a recalled ship land on an occupied pad and not 1-2km away from the outpost?

Or is this just another bug?

his ship is fine. he just left for trundle in the srv and cause FD are special they figure you need to request docking permission to unlock the elevator in the little garage so you can get back in.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Yeah, I drove under the pad but the little 'board ship' indicator didn't light up or anything. I tried backing in, different spots etc. Nothing. So I went for the recall option, eventhough it seemed a bit odd. Then my ship appeared, flying in outside the radar and just landed ... somewhere away from my location. Then I got the loitering warning (blocking a landing pad or some such). I tried driving away from the base and recalling it again but by the time I reached the recall button they had already blown it away.

Did my ship take off on it's own because I didn't take it underground? I was above ground when I took off with the SRV. Or can you even access the SRV while in the hangar?

EDIT:
TorTorden wrote:you need to request docking permission to unlock the elevator in the little garage so you can get back in.

Ah, so that's how it goes. I'd say that's kind of counter-intuitive.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Since you are playing on PC, one thing you can try is to load the standard "Elite Dangerous 64" client, i.e. the non-Horizons version. When loading, you will get a message that your save point is on a planet but your computer cannot render terrain with the two options "abort load" and "recover to orbit". The latter will respawn you in your ship in orbit and you do not loose your SRV. Once in orbit, you can save and quit back to desktop and start Horizons again.

However, since your ship has already been destroyed by the base for loitering, a recover to orbit might deposit you on the rebuy screen...
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Cometborne wrote:Since you are playing on PC, one thing you can try is to load the standard "Elite Dangerous 64" client, i.e. the non-Horizons version. When loading, you will get a message that your save point is on a planet but your computer cannot render terrain with the two options "abort load" and "recover to orbit". The latter will respawn you in your ship in orbit and you do not loose your SRV. Once in orbit, you can save and quit back to desktop and start Horizons again.

That's a neat workaround. Gotta keep that in mind should I get myself in strange predicaments on planets in the future.

But yea, I SD'd the SRV and bought back the ship. Not a biggie since the rebuy cost is only 700k + change.

The-Dead-Meat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: The-Dead-Meat

Postby The-Dead-Meat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:59 pm

HAMM3R wrote:
Cometborne wrote:Since you are playing on PC, one thing you can try is to load the standard "Elite Dangerous 64" client, i.e. the non-Horizons version. When loading, you will get a message that your save point is on a planet but your computer cannot render terrain with the two options "abort load" and "recover to orbit". The latter will respawn you in your ship in orbit and you do not loose your SRV. Once in orbit, you can save and quit back to desktop and start Horizons again.

That's a neat workaround. Gotta keep that in mind should I get myself in strange predicaments on planets in the future.

But yea, I SD'd the SRV and bought back the ship. Not a biggie since the rebuy cost is only 700k + change.

If you raise a support ticket you should be able to get the rebuy cost back.

rray4647
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FlorDeCana

Postby rray4647 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm

I have a question kind of related to this.

I died, paid insurance, got my ship back but it is missing the equipment on the 'Utility Mounts'.

I'm new to the game, have died before, paid ins, and gotten everything back.

I would guess this is a bug? Or am I missing something?

Return to “Gameplay and Features”