Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

“Am I hurting our Mobius player faction without knowing it?”

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am

Question Of The Day:

“Am I hurting our Mobius player faction without knowing it?”

If you accept missions in an Order of Mobius system for any faction other than OoM, then the answer is “Yes you are”. Many commanders may not be aware that their actions are having a negative impact on OoM, which is why I wanted to bring this topic up today.

“What systems is OoM in, so that I can be more aware?”

Order of Mobius is in Exioce, Azrael, Njiri, Cardea, Apathaam, Ling Deti, and NLTT 10055. Please do not take missions from other factions in these systems unless directed to do so in the Daily Orders that are posted on this Mobius social media outlet.

The E-D BackGround Sim (BGS) is a complex beast. Think of system faction influences as a pie. Each faction has a slice of the pie. Some slices are bigger (more influence) .... some smaller. Each time a mission is run for faction X, that faction takes a little bit bigger piece of the pie. So.... all of the other factions now have a smaller piece (less influence). If you run missions for faction X and Order of Mobius is faction Y, then OoM looses influence in that system every time you run a mission for the other faction.

Several commanders work tirelessly to strengthen OoM influences and take actions on a regular basis to solidify our systems. Please don't inadvertently negatively impact our faction by taking missions that hurt The Order of Mobius.

“How can I help The Order?”

Follow the Daily Orders. :) They are posted on this site every day, but for the easiest access to the current orders join our discord server and just click on the “OoM_Orders” channel. The daily Orders are the only post there, so it's super easy to know where The Order of Mobius needs assistance today.

Link to our Discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/RrFfNmU

Thanks for your time,

CMDR John Luke and CMDR Mr McBride - OoM leadership team
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Re: “Am I hurting our Mobius player faction without knowing it?”

Postby Xebeth » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:34 pm

You know, these threads do have subject titles for a reason...
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:12 pm

<<<deleted several off-topic messages from this thread>>>
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Xebeth wrote:You know, these threads do have subject titles for a reason...

Stop trying to dictate.......

Maybe.....Just maybe....This should have been posted in the forum where people actually give a fuck.....

Like the "Order of Mobius Forum"

NOT general discussion...........

Being a member of this forum DOES NOT make you an automatic member of OOM.........

This is a PVE forum........OOM has it's own section........

So if you would kindly keep your indoctrination and politics to yourself it would be gracefully appreciated........

Just saying.........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby sean_crow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:01 am

But the OoM interested players are not the only address.

Me for example. I was not aware that my deeds could have a negative impact on the OoM systems.
Now that I know, I choose my playground more careful.

And even if you don't give a funk, most of the time you can still do it somewhere else.
Just to be sure you don't accidently work against members of the community you are part of. No big deal.

There is a player faction in Ochosi (Explorers on Tour) which really suffers from the Empire grind going on in that system. They try to retreat from that system because they have no chance to get rid of that grind. They can not address all players.

The OoM has the chance to explain the community what influence certain actions have.
Can't see the dictate here.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:48 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:

Maybe.....Just maybe....This should have been posted in the forum where people actually give a fuck.....

Being a member of this forum DOES NOT make you an automatic member of OOM.........

So if you would kindly keep your indoctrination and politics to yourself it would be gracefully appreciated........

Just saying.........

I posted this message in general so that all Mobius PG members would run across it. The message isn't focused on OoM supporters, it's geared toward players who "do their thing" in Mobius space.

If anyone doesn't like the content of the message, feel free to click along to the next thread. There's no need to post random crap in a focused thread. There are plenty of other opportunities in Off Topic for that flavor of content.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:14 am

Stopped and thought long and hard about posting to this thread as the last thing I want to do is to add oil to something that is already burning, however :) I think some people read the post as being an order directed at everyone who is a member of Mobius, but I do not think that was the case at all. I think it was posted to bring something to everyones attention who might decide not to do something that would negatively affect oom, be they a member of oom or not. Anyone who is a member of oom does not want to harm oom, and anyone who is not a member of oom might choose to avoid harming the efforts of oom members, by going to the system next door and taking missions.

I am quite sure that no one really gives a dam if a none member of oom decides to work against oom, either intentionally or not. No one has a right to tell Mobius players what to do outside of the Mobious rules, and I don't think anyone was trying to do that.

So from my perspective, any Mobius member who works against oom if they wish, is doing nothing wrong, but come on people. The post was made in good faith directed at people who might give a dam about oom, and the thread was losing its direction totally, and sorry, I too might have added to that situation.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:06 pm

With this post, I am trying to reach the casual player who's in OoM space and wants to play the game his way but probably doesn't want to have a negative impact on our player faction. The post is in no way meant as a directive. It's just information so that players can make an educated decision on where they run missions, BH, etc.

Over the last few weeks I've found a few players who've been running missions for other factions in Exioce not knowing that it hurts OoM when they do that. The BGS is complicated, so I wanted to explain it a bit here.

Everyone in Mobius is obviously free to do whatever they want in the game.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Mr_McBride
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mr_McBride
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mr_McBride » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:

Just saying.........

This is general information for the general public. I see nothing wrong with putting this here.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:23 pm

And again this is in danger of drifting off-topic (which was the point of my previous post!), this thread is for the discussion of the general player base's actions with the BGS in relation to the OoM, it is not to discuss whether this thread is in the right place or not (which is for the Mods and Admin to decide).
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”