Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
d4eaming
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: d4eaming
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Voice attack+HCS

Postby d4eaming » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:25 pm

So, I kept seeing Voice Attack all over the place. Had a browse of Youtube and decided to download the trial. Used that for a few days just using the Windows built in text-to-speech "David" and decided I wanted more than 20 commands, since I couldn't have multiple voice commands for a single action- they all counted as separate commands, adding to the 20 command limit.

So, I bought VA on Steam (for the convenience and auto-updates, slightly more expensive then at their website) and downloaded the free voice pack Anubis. He's not very complicated but I enjoy his voice (very calm and soothing, honestly, almost wish he was an actual person in my life lol :evil: :roll: )

Ahem. Anyhoo. I really liked the sound of the HCS voice pack "Phoenix", he really gives me a feel of TARS from Interstellar, a movie I am sorta obsessed over because I am a sad nerd. After seeing the voice actor for Phoenix compare that pack to TARS, I decided that damnit, I need snarky ship computer in my life.

So now I'm downloading TAR- I mean Phoenix so I can waste what precious play time I have today getting him set up.

And I feel like I'm cheating on Anubis. So I'm going to figure out how to combine them and retain Anubis for some commands while letting Phoenix handle most of it.

Too bad they're not real AI that can talk to each other.

That's all. Just sharing that I'm a weirdo, carry on, nothing to see here.

d4eaming
o7

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Voice attack+HCS

Postby TorTorden » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Nothing sad about interstellar.

Best sci-fi to come out of Hollywood in 40 years.

That scene through the wormhole.

That's why I own subwoofers.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

d4eaming
Harmless
Harmless

Postby d4eaming » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 pm

TorTorden wrote:Nothing sad about interstellar.

Best sci-fi to come out of Hollywood in 40 years.

That scene through the wormhole.

That's why I own subwoofers.

My favorite part is when they need to emergency dock at the [spoilers] after [spoilers]. (There's no spoiler tag but I'm sure you know what I mean.) That entire scene is mesmerizing and the music hits me right in the gut. I have been absolutely enthralled since I discovered the movie a few weeks ago, having somehow utterly missed when it came out in theaters- no cable so I have to look up movies to see what's out and most of my friends are not super astronomy nerds so no one ever mentioned it. I adore TARS and his interaction with Cooper.

And their depiction of Gargantua needs to be my desktop background, as well as some more E:D backgrounds. Currently running with Fury Road stuff but my new obsession needs to take over :mrgreen:

Hopefully I finish getting Phoenix set up for a test run before I have to go to bed.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone else is interested in similar, I sent the VA a message to ask him about the pack and he replied with this:

TheNOOBIFIER1337 has sent you a message

Thanks for conracting me. The core goal with Phoenix was and still is to replicate TARS from interstellar. I am about to work on some additional dialog as I have access to a studio in my house. The pack will be the Test bed for Star Citizen and also for Ed. Hopefully that answered the question.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Basically in a nutshell.
The whole movie has these big awesome scenes.
Think I'm going to re-watch it tomorrow it's been awhile now.

Also this forum does have spoiler tags, but it is a bit hidden.
Go full editor and it should be the yellow triangle warning marker in the bottom row.
Syntax is also:

Code: Select all

[spoil]something sekret[/spoil]

Resulting in:
► Show Spoiler

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

d4eaming
Harmless
Harmless

Postby d4eaming » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:09 pm

Ah, sweet, thanks.

Definitely one of my top ten favorite films.

Enjoy your movie time!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:15 pm

I am :)

Approximately 1200 watts of music amplification over seven speakers and two 12" subs.
And a 92" screen (small I know).

Big bowl of spaghetti with a sauce containing no less than half a pound of ground beef.
And a gallon's worth of Bayer.

It's not a bad way to watch a movie.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 pm

And apparently my setup is such that it autoplays "The Martian" when Interstellar finishes..

Guess I'm having a movie night :)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Makes a change from slaughtering everything in sight......

Including your wing mates.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

d4eaming
Harmless
Harmless

Postby d4eaming » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:45 pm

Well crap, now I really want spaghetti with a whole lot of ground beef. Maybe the steak in the freezer will suffice for now.

Lol your tv is more than twice the size of mine, TorTorden. I have a dinky 43" 1080p. It's not even 4k. But it's also my computer monitor and my graphics card would not be able to handle making games look good at that size.

Though if I go through with getting a VR headset (eventually...) then that'll be moot. I want to scare the shit out of myself by making everything as immersive as possible. Aerophobia and astrophobia, and I wanna play a space sim. Nearly crap myself every single time I drop out at a star or approach a planet for landing. FML. :| :| :|

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Been have problems with VA including the pack which only worked about 40% of the time. Switched over to Voice-Marco added a few more voice commands that were failing using VA and it works 100%. Still using a small number of commands if not for the VR and ED Power Management via voice is so sweet I could run of the HOTAS. ah is me thick irish accent. Ha-ware-ya?, VoiceAttack fir me new cah.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “General Discussion”