Commander Yeshe McGermot reporting in

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Yeshe McGermot
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Yeshe McGermot
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Commander Yeshe McGermot reporting in

Postby Yeshe McGermot » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm Carsten from Hamburg, Germany, ingame known as Yeshe McGermot.
In short, I'm mostly interested in running missions, exploration and trading. (Plus, I very much dislike griefing).

Being a gamer who "beat" the original Elite (aka "reached Elite rank") on my C64, I didn't really warm up to Frontiers, but Elite still held a very special place in my heart all these years.
So, I jumped at E:D the first chance ... and was disappointed. Like one hears about many early access games, I found E:D basically broken when I first jumped in. And after some 10-15 hours achieving nothing promptly forgot about it again.
After, I got a new gaming rig, got accustomed to my Steam Controller and so on and somehow remembered a few weeks ago "Hey, this setup would be great to play Elite! Don't I own all of it on Steam?"
And now i'm very much hooked... It's more glorious then I remember the pixelated C64 gfx through my nostalgia goggles!

Yadda, yadda, more stats:
152 hours on record, of that around 130h or such really playing.
I can't dedicate too much time to gaming, being "grown up" and such, but all other games are dead to me right now, so I guess I play E:D a lot, after all.
Flying a beefed up ASP Explorer and almost able to buy and endquip that yummy Python. (Aaaaaaalmost.... So close!)
Currently I'm ranking up Federation until I'm allowed to buy their biggest ship and will do the same with Empire, after.

After that, not sure.
Become a space hippie? That sounds cool and relaxed!
Take the mission "Rank up 'Alliance', just for the fun of it."?
I think I'd be game for any research / group project as long as I can stay out of fights and not lose too many of my precious credits (Until I have _every_ ship in the game, that is. After that I won't care.)

Anyway, I'm glad that Mobius is having me and I'm excited to meet you folks ingame and chat with y'all in TeamSpeak or Discord! (Btw, which one of those is used more, for general chitchat and such?)

Cheers! /Yeshe
"I can slump on my couch with a beer and chips and no pants on - the typical uniform of any good space trucker."
Joel Peterson, Destructoid

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Commander Yeshe McGermot reporting in

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Yeshe McGermot.

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello and welcome to the group Commander Yeshe McGermot.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 am

Welcome CMDR Yeshe McGermot
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Yeshe McGermot
Novice
Novice

Postby Yeshe McGermot » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:08 am

Thank you for the warm welcome and I'm in "Elite PVE Eurasia" in game now, too!
The days up to September 24th will be hectic for me and I still have to set up my VoiceMacro, have to decide wether to go Discord or TeamSpeak, decide on Headset or Blue Yeti and set that up, etc.
If I'll be ingame until then you will probably find me kinda quiet ^_^
I'm really looking forward to playing in a universe with other commanders who don't continually want to shoot me out of the sky!
"I can slump on my couch with a beer and chips and no pants on - the typical uniform of any good space trucker."

Yeshe McGermot
Novice
Novice

Postby Yeshe McGermot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 am

Hey fellow commanders,
Just to let you all know, 2018 looks to be a very busy year for me.
Since I hate playing a game I love and not have enough time to really dive in at least a few times a week, I disassembled my ED pilots seat and will be taking time off the game.
I'll monitor the coming updates, Obsidian Ant, Cmdr Plater and TheYamiks, have an eye on EDs move towards F2P and Paid DLCs and may drop in every now and then with my Steam Controller in hand (so much less fun then HOTAS).
As far as I can guess, it will be coming December before I can get back into ED again, but who knows what may happen.
Fly safe! /Yeshe

Yeshe McGermot
Novice
Novice

Postby Yeshe McGermot » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:14 pm

Well, took me to April 2019 but, as promised, I'm back for as long as the calm spell lasts this time.
For me, using the new engineering and finally building an Exploraconda to dabble around with the new exploration mechanics are pretty much the changes to the game in over a year that I'm looking forward to.
Wellp, going to get my combat ranking up to "dangerous" for engineering. Very much not looking forward to that >_<

A question to get some info from "the horses mouth": Is there still a lot of activity in Teamspeak or has everybody migrated to Discord over the year?

Anyway, good to be back, looking forward to hearing you on the coms!

/Yeshe

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:37 pm

Good to hear you're back Commander Yeshe McGermot

There's quite a lot of activity at Discord.. haven't used TS myself yet so I bet that would be the place to go now.
Hope to meet you in the Black, greetings from the Dryman Ridge in my ExploConda ;)
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”