Elite:Dangerous Mega Survey Results

The place for you to catch the latest news
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Elite:Dangerous Mega Survey Results

Postby smartroad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:45 am

I think it does show some interesting trends. Atmo planets seems popular across the board. I was surprised to see space legs in 3rd/4th position given how many vocal people seem to think it is a bad idea LOL Everyone seems to want exploration improvements (which I thought would be along the lines as the new POI option really).

It's a shame that FDev wouldn't let it be shown on their forum. It may not be the most scientific or robust questionnaire but it does give a broad overview of what people want and how they play.

Interesting if nothing else.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:46 am

JohnLuke wrote:I think that Mobius draws a much more mature crowd than the average E-D player though. At least it feels like we have a lot of 40-60 year old players in our group.

Oi! One is only 39 here, don't be dragging me into your middle-age-ness ;)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:30 pm

smartroad wrote:I think it does show some interesting trends. Atmo planets seems popular across the board. I was surprised to see space legs in 3rd/4th position given how many vocal people seem to think it is a bad idea LOL Everyone seems to want exploration improvements (which I thought would be along the lines as the new POI option really).

It's a shame that FDev wouldn't let it be shown on their forum. It may not be the most scientific or robust questionnaire but it does give a broad overview of what people want and how they play.

Interesting if nothing else.

For statistics, and democracy in general, I'l just say this.

Trump.

Just because a lot of people think it's a good idea doesn't mean it is a good idea.
Just take the vote on delayed ship transfers MISTAKE.
Majority decided, the majority was wrong, and transfers is barely used by anyone as a result.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:56 pm

In general terms people have no idea what they want, to quote Ford "If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have told me a faster horse".

Apocryphal perhaps, but it rings true, people think they want atmospheric landing or space legs. So you can fly through some clouds, or walk around a station, and then what?

Even FD, who let's face sometimes struggle with engaging game play, have said there's little point to it if there is nothing to do.

The problem is that people see a feature in another game and want it in ED, well we've seen from SC what happens if you try to put every imaginable feature and gimmick in one game.

Frankly FD need to concentrate on building upon and improving the platform they already have, I hope FD have realised this, and that's why the next season (or what ever it is called) is about core game play.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:08 pm

TorTorden wrote:Majority decided, the majority was wrong, and transfers is barely used by anyone as a result.

I know loads of people that use it. And I was in the majority and I think it was right :D

I do agree with the Reddit comment though. It crossed my mind too; for example we don't have a presence there and I wouldnt even have known of its existence if Cyber hadn't have mentioned it.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:57 pm

I too use ship transfer, but nowhere near to the same degree as I would have.
It's merely nice way to grab my recreational crafts for use "later" and non essential ships. If there is a ship I actually need to use I need it now, not in 30 minutes, so I grab a taxi hauler.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:14 pm

I do think atmospheric landings would be a blast. Getting out of the ship as well but not space legs. I want to have to leave the ship and go to the office and see the mission board, check the commodities, etc..

But not walking. Walking our own ship? Hell yeah, but not the station.

Having to navigate a planet with roads and trails in another type of SRV? Count me in.

To be honest. Never really looked and the results of the survey but did glance quickly at his conclusions and caveats.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351

Postby damon8r351 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Mining had more people than piracy. I'm thinking people either have no idea what piracy is, or there's a powerful stench of mendacity in here.

Return to “News and Announcements”