Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Oculus Rift

Postby tinnitus » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:26 pm

DarkMere wrote:
tinnitus wrote:
DarkMere wrote:I know its not everyone's cup of tea as its not very interactive, and I have sang its praises a few times on this forum. But if you can try Apollo 11 VR. Its not very expensive and for that sense of 'being there' in another place in history, its second to none. Its something you will use only a few times but still, well worth it.

I've been looking around for VR stuff, like Planet Earth, Oceans, etc. I'm going to take your advice and thanks for the tip.

Hope you enjoy it! I did laugh, I read one comment from some guy who had given it 1 out of 5 stars, that he thought it was boring as there was nothing to shoot at! Wrong game he should have bought Elite :D

I really enjoy the Apollo 11 VR trip to our moon experience and was one of the half billion plus people that view the landing, albeit younger. During the last couple "VR" days I've been using the words, Wow, amazing and awesome so I may as well as add bodacious. It was a captivating experience for me and I really enjoy the ride. I for one am pleased that we do not require as many buttons, toggles, switches, gauges and monitors in Elite Ships like those on the Apollo 11 :) but there is a familiar compass bubble. Great experience thanks.
Last edited by tinnitus on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:34 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
tinnitus wrote:I've been looking around for VR stuff, like Planet Earth, Oceans, etc. I'm going to take your advice and thanks for the tip.

You might want to take a look this this thread. Lot's of great VR game recommendations there. 8-)

Thanks will have a look planning on building a small VR collection may help get through our Canadian (raining) winter. Rains so hard here you get wet three times , once when it falls, the second when it bounces of the ground and third when the wind blows it sideways :shock:
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Greylock3491 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm

tinnitus wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:
tinnitus wrote:I've been looking around for VR stuff, like Planet Earth, Oceans, etc. I'm going to take your advice and thanks for the tip.

You might want to take a look this this thread. Lot's of great VR game recommendations there. 8-)

Thanks will have a look planning on building a small VR collection may help get through our Canadian (raining) winter. Rains so hard here you get wet three times , once when it falls, the second when it bounces of the ground and third when the wind blows it sideways :shock:

I love the ship Cockpits in VR, they look sooo much bigger! And yes, you can get up and walk around you cockpit (just be careful!) and see your body still seating in its chair :-D

Also (and unfortunately) you pretty much have to look straight at at whatever you want to read, as text will be blurry if you only pivot your eyes to look at it versus your whole head - takes a little getting use to!

PS - be sure to try first contact and robo recall - they are both a lot of fun with the touch controllers!!!

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:17 am

Greylock3491 wrote:PS - be sure to try first contact and robo recall - they are both a lot of fun with the touch controllers!!!

Had a look at first contact appears interesting and humorous. Have my VR issues sorted out simply by switching the VR to the fist HDMI port from the second, my main Monitor is connected to a display port. Adjusted the VR to accommodate my eyeglasses (also pulled of the ear things from the glasses they are office specs for the PC) and a 4" USB fan takes care of the fogging which is not a big issues because it disappears when the device warms up. It is a whole new game and experience for me amazing really. Thanks for the tips and information.
Image]

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Greylock3491 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:20 am

tinnitus wrote:
Greylock3491 wrote:PS - be sure to try first contact and robo recall - they are both a lot of fun with the touch controllers!!!

Had a look at first contact appears interesting and humorous. Have my VR issues sorted out simply by switching the VR to the fist HDMI port from the second, my main Monitor is connected to a display port. Adjusted the VR to accommodate my eyeglasses (also pulled of the ear things from the glasses they are office specs for the PC) and a 4" USB fan takes care of the fogging which is not a big issues because it disappears when the device warms up. It is a whole new game and experience for me amazing really. Thanks for the tips and information.

Awesome!

First Contact is a great little tutorial, and the free Robo Recall is a trip (but don't trip - you'll need a little "elbow room" to shoot those bad robots)

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Sometimes thing are just so simple, right click Elite Dangerous in the Oculus Library and select run in Desktop mode, silly me missed that.
Image]

Return to “Off-Topic”