Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Help me build my Conda

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Garbutt wrote:
TorTorden wrote:
Garbutt wrote:PS: TorTorden, I am guessing from your sig that you read Schlock Mercenary?

Never heard of it.
Its an old gag from being on TS with certain, and only certain, not all people of an american persuasion, for some reason they could not wrap their heads or tongues around my Nick, and my Nick is much easier than my actual name, which has letters in it not recognized by the American alphabet.

So I just started telling people to call me Bob.

Seems to simplify matters.

Actually I was referring to your two rules down there: 'Pillage, THEN burn' and 'there's no such thing as overkill' - both of these appear in the webcomic Schlock Mercenary as quotes from a 'how to' book called 'The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries' :)

handy links:
http://www.schlockmercenary.com
http://schlockmercenary.wikia.com/wiki/ ... ercenaries

Aah, my mistake.
Those are simply the Viking inspired rules from my old all Norwegian eve-online Corp.

But back on topic.
Thrusters and power distributor makes a huge difference for a conda in combat.
But chiefly pds is important to not downscale.
Maybe start off with a c rated one but if you downgrade the class you try to fire lasers and they just go "pffft".

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Only advice I have is:

Never buy too early...

Save enough to make your ship how you really want it... (you'll change your mind a number of times before you're really happy)

Make sure you have enough for a re-buy or two (or three)..

In short: don't sell yourself short.. Patience and Credits will save your ass.. Nothing worse than losing a nice shiny 'Conda because you want to own one.. but can't afford to kit it out as a keeper.. ;)

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Garbutt
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Garbutt

Postby Garbutt » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Havent bought it yet, may wait till I get another CG or two under my belt first :)

Hevak
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hevak

Postby Hevak » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:59 am

Well take what you will or can from what I post, I'm still fairly newish and am not experienced or very knowledgable with most if this. And probably have little to no idea what im doing with ship builds.

So I can't really speak to merits or not of the build you posted there in op. But I can offer my recent experience.

First off I would not sell my whole fleet to buy the anaconda, I thought about it but decided not too. Even if you sell all the modules then the ship stripped down, you are still losing 10% ? Of what you bought the ship for. That's potentially millions lost depending on ships, and if you plan to buy some of them again it's just extra work. So I would think about that heavily before deciding.

At the very least I would keep a ship capable of landing at medium pads and with a good jump range if you have one. Especially if you still need to get some fed/ imp ranks and stuff. Again depending what you do in game. For instance I unlocked engineers recently and was glad I had my Dbx for the on needing either the cigars or funjin tea as it was a 150 Ly or so trip requiring several trips, 5 in total I think. I was able to save about 10-20 jumps each way during this by kitting out my Dbx for the 10 tons at a time instead of running the anaconda back and forth.

As far as outfitting the anaconda I full agree with Jean luc and others, don't go into battle without top rated ditributor and power plant. Even with mine I can run dry on power reserves while firing weapons for extended periods. But I do use turrets and gimbals.

I don't use Coriolis but here is my build. Main internals are all highest A rated except thrusters which are still the base 7e and it's tough to maneuver in battles at times. I went with a 7 bi weave with a probably not so good grade 3 reinforced mod. Including 3 a rated boosters 2 of which are grade 3 resist augmented. Even with that shields can go down fast with 2 decent ships attacking or anything more than 2 ships and it's pretty much time to bail fast.

My ditributor is 8a with grade 2 charge enhanced, (idk if good mod) and power plant is is 8a with only a grade 1 low emissions mod (again idk if good but it helps with heat buildup during battle) with my weapons being beam laser in my 1 and 2 slots, a pulse in the lone 3 on the bottom all turrets and then two multi cannons in my dual 3 slots on top and another in the 4 slot, all multis are gimballed and I can still have issues with power depletion in long engagements. Creative and constant pip management is a must. But for the most part it's workable and pretty deadly in 1 to 1 or me against 2 ships. But I burn a lot of shield cells and heat sinks at times. With a low distro and power plant it would be impossible I think though.

I recently changed out my grade 2 beam turrets for a couple pulse gimbals but haven't tried it out. Also my armor is not upgraded and my military internal slot is empty still. And if my shields drop its pretty much bye bye. I lost my ship 3 times the other day when a cz went bad each time so a early and quick decision to run is required, and hope i don't get significantly mass locked at all.

My anaconda is by no means spec'd purely for battle either. I use it as an all arounder currently. But lone interdictions or the npcs that come with mission wrinkles tend to be easily handled for the most part. Cz's are quite difficult in a sense of you need to be very aware and constantly watching what kind of attention you have. I got too confident and was quickly killed before I knew what happened a few times already. And again I'm probably not what anyone would consider good at piloting or anything so it could be I suck lol.

Any ways sorry for the long post, thought I'd throw out my experience as a newer anaconda flyer. But certainly there is better advice than me to have. :) Good luck.

Garbutt
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Garbutt » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:13 am

A change in plan is gradually happening:

I've sold off some of the ships I NEVER use, and have kept my core vessels: my AspExp for long range travel and passenger missions and my Python for heavy combat (its A rated and engineered) and cargo hauling (requires a refit that removes a fair percentage of its survivability).
I also still have a fairly high spec FDL that I am undecided about.

The plan NOW is to get another Community Goal or two under my belt and then aim to build a cargo hauling/non-combat Conda that I can use to make some REAL money hauling cargos and doing Cargo based CGs, with the goal to gradually upgrade the Conda to A rating. :)

Thanks again for all the feedback guys, I think you maybe stopped me making a mistake :D

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 am

Garbutt wrote:A change in plan is gradually happening:

I've sold off some of the ships I NEVER use, and have kept my core vessels: my AspExp for long range travel and passenger missions and my Python for heavy combat (its A rated and engineered) and cargo hauling (requires a refit that removes a fair percentage of its survivability).

The plan NOW is to get another Community Goal or two under my belt and then aim to build a cargo hauling/non-combat Conda that I can use to make some REAL money hauling cargos and doing Cargo based CGs, with the goal to gradually upgrade the Conda to A rating. :)

Thanks again for all the feedback guys, I think you maybe stopped me making a mistake :D

Sounds like a solid plan to me. <<looks for 'thumbs up' emoticon>>
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Garbutt wrote:A change in plan is gradually happening:

Yes I agree with JohnLuke, I think you made the right decision. Its only a matter of time before you get your Anaconda the way you want it. I am itching to have mine all ready to go and kick some ass, but then I guess we are not in a race, we will get there.

Garbutt
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Garbutt » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 pm

DarkMere wrote:Yes I agree with JohnLuke, I think you made the right decision. Its only a matter of time before you get your Anaconda the way you want it. I am itching to have mine all ready to go and kick some ass, but then I guess we are not in a race, we will get there.

Only thing I am in a race with is the Thargoids - by the time they show their faces (do they have faces?) I want to be at the helm of a combat capable anaconda :)

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Garbutt wrote:
DarkMere wrote:Yes I agree with JohnLuke, I think you made the right decision. Its only a matter of time before you get your Anaconda the way you want it. I am itching to have mine all ready to go and kick some ass, but then I guess we are not in a race, we will get there.

Only thing I am in a race with is the Thargoids - by the time they show their faces (do they have faces?) I want to be at the helm of a combat capable anaconda :)

Thirty odd years ago it was just possible to take a Thargoid out with just one military laser on a Cobra MkIII (I know you could have four lasers pointing in each direction but you could only fire one at a time). Somehow I think you are right Commander, I think something a bit bigger than a Cobra is going to be needed :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”