GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Am I crazy?

Postby GreenViper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Orochimaru wrote:Thanks for sharing.
So you still keep your T6 around, even with a Python and an Anaconda? Sweet! 8-)

Ah, definitely, she's never leaving my fleet for sure.
I love the swiftness and smooth way she handles for a brick.

And the jumprange isn't all that bad for exploration, currently at ~38ly with a G4 fsd; plan on getting her to a G5 fsd but need to get me some more Arsenic first ;-)
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby DarkMere » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:03 pm

I do exactly the same as Roberlin, except I never turn to face the attacker. After all the jiggling about that goes on, on-screen when you submit, as you come out of low wake, your destination will still be more or less in front of you, the attacker will be right at the back of your radar. So as long as you hit boost as soon as you hit normal space and then for a second time, you are back charging your FSD before the attacker has got anywhere close to being a danger. Can't say it works all the time, but its never failed me yet after at least 100 times or more :)

Taranava
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Taranava
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Taranava » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:36 pm

I have been replacing the chaff launcher on my trade ships for point defence since in a PVE setting, you can normally mitigate direct fire weapons damage by doing a corkscrew kind of flight pattern whilst escaping.

I flew a T6 for just long enough to replace with an ASPX for the same duty. It has better manoevrability than a T6 with about the same cargo capacity in a trade configuration. If course I keep all my ships so now it sits in the hangar waiting for the day I take it out on a whim.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:02 pm

Here is what I recommend for a pure cargo runner as you don't really need all that much defense from NPC's. I never lost a T6, ever.
You can swap out one of the racks for a fuel scoop if needed.

Then when interdicted:
1. Fight the interdiction (optional)
2. If you are losing, submit and put 4 pips in ENG and 2 in SYS (you should fly like this anyway).
3. Boost
4. Boost
5. Once FSD cooldown has finished (much quicker if you submit) charge your FSD
6. Boost
6a. If he fires while the FSD is charging, put pips to SYS
7. Fly away laughing at the silly NPC.

onepeechew
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: onepeechew

Postby onepeechew » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Thanks for posting. I have some credits burning a hole and am looking at a freighter as I seem to be doing a lot of cargo delivery missions to build cash and rep (new player). Was looking at the type 6, though I like to mix it up a bit so wondered about a Keelback as an alternative. I know it's more credits and less cargo capacity but... Any thoughts?

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:07 pm

No, leave the Keelback alone. It's useless.
Unless, of course, you really really want to fly a fighter (and why wouldn't you!) and even then you are limited to parking it at a Nav beacon / Res sight while you go help out the cops in your glass Cannon.

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium

Postby Pam Demonium » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Never used the T6 for trading. Made a good entry level mining ship. With all "D" rated modules, and mining lasers. It was light, quick, and jumps out fast. I dont ever lose interdictions, so that isnt even a factor.
I agree with the keelback, I had one just to check it out. Id stay with the T6.

I was only in the T6 for two days, then made enough to get into a Asp Explorer, which whoops the T6 hands down.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Pam Demonium wrote:Never used the T6 for trading. Made a good entry level mining ship. With all "D" rated modules, and mining lasers. It was light, quick, and jumps out fast. I dont ever lose interdictions, so that isnt even a factor.

I was only in the T6 for two days, then made enough to get into a Asp Explorer, which whoops the T6 hands down.

The ASP Explorer is on my go to list. I do not fancy mining, but will do exploration with it.
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Orochimaru wrote:
Pam Demonium wrote:Never used the T6 for trading. Made a good entry level mining ship. With all "D" rated modules, and mining lasers. It was light, quick, and jumps out fast. I dont ever lose interdictions, so that isnt even a factor.

The ASP Explorer is on my go to list. I do not fancy mining, but will do exploration with it.

That's funny.
You won't do mining but exploration.
Mining is ten times as action filled and thirty times as profitable.

Sure there's a lot of cool screenshots taken out there but in reality exploration is the endless repetition of.
Push jump, wait, start honking, scoop if needed, check map, wait for map to load.
If your lucky it's something worth scanning, but this is as eventful as supercruising to hutton orbital.
But 90% of exploration is.
Jump, wait, scoop and honk, wait. repeat FOREVER.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Agree with Tor

Return to “Gameplay and Features”