Hello fellow Commanders!

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
FredReynolds
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fred Reynolds
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Hello fellow Commanders!

Postby FredReynolds » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Hey everyone! I have applied to the Mobius PVE group (PC) and just waiting to be accepted. I started playing ED in the early Beta days and was a kickstarter backer. However I quit playing ED (and pretty much all games) in one of the earlier iterations. I came back to ED about 2-3 months ago after getting intrigued and disappointed with some of the "new" things of Star Citizen. I forgot how amazing this game is!

I do mostly exploration and trade, but over the past few weeks have really fell in love with passenger missions. More specifically I really like the "expedition" missions of taking a scientist ("famous explorer" which doesn't make since to me, but I rename it in my mind, lol) to study a body some distance away. My favorite ship is the Orca, but I do want to get a Beluga before long too.

I used to play only in Open, but got so tired of so many random gankers! I have no problem with pirates, if that is how they want to play it then by all means! I'll even play along and drop cargo sometimes. The ones that frustrated me were the inderdict and attempt to kill with zero communication, no RP, nothing, just "hey, lets kill this guy for the lols". I've been lucky in that I have only been killed twice in my Cobra (with no goods or data, just traveling from A->B) but have got very good at avoiding interdictions. After being followed and interdiction attempt 8 times traveling from California Nebula to Shinrata Dezra I got tired of it and have just been playing solo.

My current venture that I started just yesterday is the Guardians Ruins, which is how I found this group via this post: viewtopic.php?t=7179

I look forward to meeting you all at some point. See you in the black and fly safe! o7

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Hello fellow Commanders!

Postby DarkMere » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Greetings and welcome to the group Commander FredReynolds

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Welcome Cmdr FredReynolds, feel free to add me as a friend.
Myself, I'm mostly into exploration and trading/passenger transport.

Fly safe and CU somewhere sometime in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Fred Reynolds

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Welcome to the group, Fred. I enjoy running PAX missions too. You get to see some cool sights that you might never see otherwise. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

FredReynolds
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fred Reynolds
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby FredReynolds » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:15 pm

DarkMere wrote:Greetings and welcome to the group Commander FredReynolds

Thank you CMDR!

GreenViper wrote:Welcome Cmdr FredReynolds, feel free to add me as a friend.
Myself, I'm mostly into exploration and trading/passenger transport.

Fly safe and CU somewhere sometime in the black Void !

Thank you for your welcome! I will add you to my friend list, I've been struggling to figure out the chat system, though I've only seen a handfull of commanders while in open and only two have communicated any, haha.[/quote]

Xebeth wrote:Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Fred Reynolds

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.

Thank you for your warm welcome. I will check out the friends list tonight.

I did request to join last week, just waiting. I believe I got everything in that was needed, but don't know of any way to check.

The Policy page I did check out before applying, it seemed very strait forward to me and could be summed as "don't be a dick" but that does need to be outlined for all too many sadly. It will be nice to play with other commanders again and not have to be as paranoid they are looking for a kill and still be able to actually get around :).

I have also applied to the Facebook group.

I'm not very familiar with how player groups work at the moment. I've mostly been working for/with Turner Research Group and would like to get involved with Cannon. However, from what I can tell, there isn't a lot of actual anything to a play group, perhaps I'm wrong on that though.

JohnLuke wrote:Welcome to the group, Fred. I enjoy running PAX missions too. You get to see some cool sights that you might never see otherwise. 8-)

First, awesome name :) I've been watching 'trek at work the past few weeks on my iPad while I work!

That is what got me into PAX missions in the first place. I love exploration and travel, but there was just so much to see, then realized I could make money taking people to these awesome sights and get to see things I'd not normally think of. Then the RP idea of it all sort of took hold and now I fly "science vessels" mostly. My Orca has been serving me very well, and this is currently my favorite ship in the game. See you in the black!

Return to “Introductions”