Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
PhelanKA7
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Phelanka
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby PhelanKA7 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:52 pm

PhelanKA7 wrote:Hey guys. I'll keep it short.

I'm 36 years old and live in Indiana, US.

Very much a noob to this game but I've been playing MMOs since Meridian 59 (101 Server). I enjoy PVP but I figured I'd learn the ropes on a "safe server (or group)." I look forward to flying with you all and learning from the best!

-CMDR Phelanka

I submitted a request to join Mobius PVE about 48 hours ago. Still no response. Did I do something wrong?

o0TheLotus0o
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Xb1: o0 DARKLOTUS 0o

Postby o0TheLotus0o » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:14 am

PhelanKA7 wrote:
PhelanKA7 wrote:Hey guys. I'll keep it short.

I'm 36 years old and live in Indiana, US.

Very much a noob to this game but I've been playing MMOs since Meridian 59 (101 Server). I enjoy PVP but I figured I'd learn the ropes on a "safe server (or group)." I look forward to flying with you all and learning from the best!

-CMDR Phelanka

I submitted a request to join Mobius PVE about 48 hours ago. Still no response. Did I do something wrong?

I'm having the same issue... Getting email notifications for your post :/ but still no reply or invite for me.

SteelRain99
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SteelRain99

Postby SteelRain99 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Cmdr SteelRain99 here. I'm 36 from NE Oklahoma. I've been playing for a few weeks now. I've always liked pve over pvp in any mmo that ive played. I like helping when I can. Hope to see y'all out there

-CMDR SR99

Anterius
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Anterius

Re: Admin Transparency and dealing with cooldowns & bans

Postby Anterius » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Well ill never be a pvper forgive spelling I am so into pve I dont even have weapons on my ship only scanners ...
I would like to join on TS asitsvery quiet in space.

wrmiller
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: WilliamTell

Postby wrmiller » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:05 am

Cmdr RookieBill here. Been playing this game since late December '16 (it was a gift) and have been mostly just doing missions, with the occasional jump out to a nearby nebula or something (no more than 2000ly or so out of the bubble so far), and jumping into a RES site for a change of pace.

Joined Mobius PVE to see what's it's like to potentially run into real players as opposed to NPCs, yet without dealing with the bottomfeeders hanging out in Open. Hope to meet a few of you folks out there. :)

o0TheLotus0o
Harmless
Harmless

Postby o0TheLotus0o » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:33 am

Why in the f@#$ do I get emails that someone else random commented on your thread​? It shouldn't happen. This forum seems like it's not even monitored... PM's to the admins go unanswered... I'm beginning to think that it's a way to know what gamertags to greef :/ prove me wrong?

Edit: I took the swear out.. oops.
Last edited by o0TheLotus0o on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Sounds like you’ve subscribed to that thread. I don’t remember if the board subscribes you automatically to the threads you’ve answered to or not, but you can manage it by going to the user’s Control Panel (click on your username at the top right of the page), then Board Preferences, then Edit Notification Options. And you can unsubscribe from the Manage Subscriptions tab of your Control Panel.

Also be aware that when you send a PM, the first submission click doesn’t send it, it shows you a preview of it. You have to submit that to actually send the PM. Maybe you missed that and never actually sent them?

As for your comment about what gamertags to greef, that’s just paranoia, but don’t worry, to paraphrase the Hitchhiker’s Guide To the Galaxy, every sentient being in the Universe has that. ;)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:46 pm

o0TheLotus0o wrote:Why in the f@#$ do I get emails that someone else random commented on your thread​? It shouldn't happen. This forum seems like it's not even monitored... PM's to the admins go unanswered... I'm beginning to think that it's a way to know what gamertags to greef :/ prove me wrong?

Edit: I took the swear out.. oops.

As Flip says, you are automatiacally subscribed to a thread when you reply. Go to the spanner icon at the top of the page and you can unsubcribe, they you'll receive no more notifications/emails.

Then, again, as flip says, go into your user control panel and change the email settings.

Its standard BB board stuff, no need to lose it :lol:

o0TheLotus0o
Harmless
Harmless

Postby o0TheLotus0o » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Flip wrote:Sounds like you’ve subscribed to that thread. I don’t remember if the board subscribes you automatically to the threads you’ve answered to or not, but you can manage it by going to the user’s Control Panel (click on your username at the top right of the page), then Board Preferences, then Edit Notification Options. And you can unsubscribe from the Manage Subscriptions tab of your Control Panel.

Also be aware that when you send a PM, the first submission click doesn’t send it, it shows you a preview of it. You have to submit that to actually send the PM. Maybe you missed that and never actually sent them?

As for your comment about what gamertags to greef, that’s just paranoia, but don’t worry, to paraphrase the Hitchhiker’s Guide To the Galaxy, every sentient being in the Universe has that. ;)

A. I feel embarrassed that I of all people didn't change my preferences (I'm big on custom settings) but it's fixed now.

B. I definitely was sending the PM's, I did notice that it previews the message first, and enjoyed the feature. But also understand that, that could be a problem for some.

C. The paranoia is real. I just don't want to be taken advantage of, without weapons on my ship it's pretty easy to get ganked.

@RD-83 I'm completely new to BB posts... Google is my friend, and I don't mind putting my opinion on the internet so I joined the site but I'm gonna boast that I know what I'm doing, because I sure don't lol

o0TheLotus0o
Harmless
Harmless

Postby o0TheLotus0o » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:58 pm

o0TheLotus0o wrote:Prove me wrong?

I get it! I get it! lmao it's active, :shock: I just didn't notice! Now I'm going back to being silent... Until I hopefully get invited.

Return to “Introductions”