CMDR ScytheKnight

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
ScytheKnight
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ScytheKnight
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR ScytheKnight

Postby ScytheKnight » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 pm

G'day all,

So I'm ScytheKnight from Australia. I've not joined a server yet, been playing the game purely in solo on and off for a few years, was really only just recently that I really got my feet under me (using an HCS voicepack helps a lot, makes the game feel much more alive), just yesterday bought my first Python, sloowly getting it outfitted.

I've been kinda contemplating going into open, but always been concerned about gankers, pirates I don't mind, but morons who destroy your ship simply because they can for their own jollies just ain't my thing. So I started looking up reason to play in Open and I heard about Mobius, and especially Mobius PvE.

Before I go wasting a lot of time however, there is the issue of time. Like I say I'm in Australia and tend to play during the day, so which of the two servers would be a better option?

Anyway, hope to maybe see some of you out in the black and aim to misbehave :evil: ... just not with each other. :D

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR ScytheKnight

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander ScytheKnight.

We have several other Aussies in the group, so you'll fit right in. :) We only have one group open to new members on PC at this time, and it's Mobius PvE. No decision making necessary.... just join!

Congrats on the Python. It's one of my favorite ships in the game.

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander ScytheKnight

On the subject of servers, Mobius isn't actually a server, all the modes play on the same server, the private group just limits the players who you will meet, so in Solo you won't meet any other players, in Open you can meet every player who's currently playing in Open, and in Mobius you will only ever meet people who are currently playing in the same Mobius group as yourself, think of it as a white list, the game simply blocks players not in your group from ever being in the same instance from you.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

ScytheKnight
Harmless
Harmless

Postby ScytheKnight » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Sent the request and got TeamSpeak setup.

And yeah I realized 'server' wasn't really the right word... was making that post just before going to bed.

ScytheKnight
Harmless
Harmless

Postby ScytheKnight » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Didn't really know whee else to put this without starting up a new thread for a minor thing.

Been using TeamSpeak since getting the invite... however I am noticing that only a barest fraction of people are using it. I hadn't really bothered with Discord because I was wanting voice chat not having to wade through chat logs, but it seems that Discord is voice as well?

Is one preferred over the other? Another factor for me with TeamSpeak is the overlay so I can see who's talking.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 pm

You're correct that not a lot of members use TS or Discord voice, for that matter. There are quite a few who hang out in the text chat channels of Discord, but I rarely see the Discord voice chat channels used for anything other than wings. It's a shame, really.

I believe that Discord has an overlay as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”