Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Ascalon - Lanceor's Fer de Lance

Postby TorTorden » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:58 am

Never really got the on with the ferdie, but love the cockpit and how it flies.
Havent really found a weapon loadout i liked.

But have one in beta now, about 900 shields, bi-weave, clean 5, one fixed c4 beam, the rest is simply mc's overcharged, one corrosive, rest incendiary and it kills alright ;)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lanceor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:05 pm

uvelius wrote:Does the Point Target factor of beams still work nicely with Rails? (meaning your beam is an aidf to aim your Rails accurately)

Also note Rails have some kind of auto-lock against internals if fired from far away.

Though: I discovered it hard to get down shields with rails. Am I wrong or are they still ineffective against shields?

Yes, if you can see where the beam is hitting, you'll know where the railgun will hit.

I keep the railguns on the same trigger as the beam laser. Trigger discipline ensures that I am only firing when on target, and if I've been beaming the target for 0.5 seconds, the rail shots come out as well, taking a noticeable chunk out of the target's shield or hulls.

Internal modules seem hard to destroy in the current patch. I used to be able to knock out powerplants with ease in 2.0, but can't do so any more. I'm having no better luck with railguns than with gimballed lasers.

I would not rely on railguns alone to take down shields - if the target is fast moving, you'll have few opportunities to use the rails. If the target is big, you'll overheat your ship if you keep firing at their maximum rate.

@evovi - You flatter me too much. I only came back from a long break 4 months ago, so the above is what I had to relearn in the time since I was away. I still consider myself a newbie in many ways. :lol:

@TorTorden - Yah, I had to try many loadouts to find one I liked... and once I started engineering things, it messed up the balance. It's neverending with the FdL.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:41 pm

I'll give the c4 beam and c2 rails a shot later tonight...

I know which engineer is gonna get targeted next if I'm playing with beams...

Thanks again :)

Wish module storage was station limiting rather than 60 limit global, swapping, testing and multi role things - im already over 40/60 - I blame my python for the majority of those modules :-/

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:43 pm

TorTorden wrote:Never really got the on with the ferdie, but love the cockpit and how it flies.
Havent really found a weapon loadout i liked.

But have one in beta now, about 900 shields, bi-weave, clean 5, one fixed c4 beam, the rest is simply mc's overcharged, one corrosive, rest incendiary and it kills alright ;)

I didn't when I first got in it, I'd come from a vulture and an imperial eagle for my res hunting... I've grown to like its little quirks - it's mastering it now that will take the time and working out the best load outs and engineering for whichever target I'm choosing to pick on which is where lanceor is coming in lol

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:41 am

So equipped with. C4 fixed beam, c2 rails and c2 multis I just about managed to get it running with power management (couldn't be bothered with 14 jumps to mod last night)

Popped in the low res in exioce to test it out, first ship I came across was a cobra 3.... Was hoping for something a little bigger seeing as I was using fixed...

Flew in behind it after it cheekily scanned me for cargo, 4 pips to weapons, lined it up and let loose with the beam... Few seconds later the rails fired OMG 30% hull it had left, finger still on the trigger it was dead before the second wave was fired..

Over a few kills last night I worked out after firing two in a row, I needed to stop and cool down, managed to get modules to about 90% with heat damage but jeez... It's lethal!

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lanceor » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:12 am

evovi wrote:So equipped with. C4 fixed beam, c2 rails and c2 multis I just about managed to get it running with power management (couldn't be bothered with 14 jumps to mod last night)

Popped in the low res in exioce to test it out, first ship I came across was a cobra 3.... Was hoping for something a little bigger seeing as I was using fixed...

Flew in behind it after it cheekily scanned me for cargo, 4 pips to weapons, lined it up and let loose with the beam... Few seconds later the rails fired OMG 30% hull it had left, finger still on the trigger it was dead before the second wave was fired..

Over a few kills last night I worked out after firing two in a row, I needed to stop and cool down, managed to get modules to about 90% with heat damage but jeez... It's lethal!

There is a moment in every Cmdr's career where they use a good fixed weapon setup for the first time and are gobsmacked by the firepower. That was it. :D
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

evovi
Master
Master

Ascalon - Lanceor's Fer de Lance

Postby evovi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:15 am

Lol yes - I actually said out loud "f@@k me" then giggled like a kid lol - I wont forget that moment - thanks :) :)

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Being a very big fan of the imperial eagle I thought I'd replicate my FdL as best I could - 1 medium beam and 2 small rails, whilst fun, there is a huge difference in how devastating the FdL is 4 shots on target to cripple a cobra compared to pretty much one shotting in the FdL, which adds an extra difficulty to ship heat and module damage whilst in combat - just sharing my experiences :)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Hmm, maybe I should try two fixed class 2 beams, and two class 2 rails.
Keep the current mc with overcharge I have on the class 4 with corrosive...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Sorry but.... I love this ship!

Low res hunting tonight - practicing with fixed weapons -Power plant targeted on an anaconda... I kid you not - 5 shots of the rail and its power plant was 0% - I can't swear I was on target with all the hits either! Wow! Just wow - that is all :)

Return to “General Discussion”