Chase VZ
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Chase VZ
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Federation Rank/Rep Help

Postby Chase VZ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing ED:Horizons for a while now and worked my way up to an Asp X. I'm looking to build my faction rank/rep and I'm getting really confused from all the different advice I'm finding online (mostly patched now).

I'm trying to find a good system to level up my Fed rank and find an ascension mission as I am at 100% for Cadet. So far I have tried Ceos/Sothis; High Res BH farming; and looked at Niu Hsing, but didn't find many data missions there.

If anyone can provide any good systems or advice for a consistent way to rank up I would really appreciate it.

Jadus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jadus

Re: Federation Rank/Rep Help

Postby Jadus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:30 pm

For Federation rep I did the Sothis/Ceos thing - Data courier missions. It seemed liked the the most missions were generated when the factions were in a boom or expansion state. I could be wrong about this but that's what I noticed. If there were any low donation missions for 25k-50k I always did them too.

I was doing the rep grind about 2 weeks and this definitely still works.

EDIT: If you're looking for a mission to get the next rank I just carried on doing the normal courier missions until a Naval mission popped up. Any missions you do at 100% rank are not wasted. When you do eventually get a rank up mission your progress is carried over to the next rank.

Chase VZ
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Chase VZ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks Jadus,

I was running those missions for awhile, but I wasn't seeing any ascension missions showing up when I was making the loop. I figured I would have better luck in a system with more federation local factions.

I might go back over there if I don't have any luck elsewhere.

Jadus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jadus

Postby Jadus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:16 pm

No problem.

You're more likely to get a mission pop up when there's more local Fed factions but where and when
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did 3 ranks at Sothis and got some rank up missions whilst there so I can confirm they do appear.

Chase VZ
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Chase VZ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Lol, yeah, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ was how I felt about finding a better system. I'm over by Asellus Primus now, but I might head back out to Ceos/Sothis tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “General Discussion”