Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Warning for GeForce Experience Users

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:30 pm

Thanks - that makes sense.

I did another about 35 30-sec video tests at various resolutions, fps, and bit rates. The higher bit rate is definitely driving the quality at any resolution or frame rate, but with larger file sizes. And when showing motion, the 60fps looks better than 30fps, even if each frame is technically at a lower quality. I settled on 1080p 60fps 15Mbps (for direct upload w/o conversion). It's still a larger file size than before, but it looks a lot better.

TorTorden wrote:Personally I prefer a variable rather than fixed bitrate, can both save space and improve quality.

That was always my favorite when transcoding CDs.
It's time to give this another go.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:02 am

Well, I did it - I just cleared my save.

I tried recording the process and all I got was this shit:

► Show Spoiler

I used it all last night w/o a problem, and now this happens. :(

At least I has screen cap back ups of all my old stats.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:59 am

Close the launcher. Known bug that it detects the launcher as the game and records nothing. It's junk now. Used to be ok. Also if you are running windowed or borderless, you have to enable desktop recording. It's clueless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:40 am

I play E-D in borderless, and have always kept The Experience set to enable desktop recordings. No biggie. Works just fine for me. Honestly, once I found the settings in the newer version of of the software, I'm happy with it.

No complaints here.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:24 pm

Damn - that must be it. Apparently if you change the desktop setting, the problem doesn't show up until the next time you start everything. So things were working fine when I shut down, but the next day I got screwed. I only made the change because sometimes vids would be saved in the desktop folder instead of the game folder.

Overall, I must say I'm pretty disappointed with this upgrade. There seems to be only one way to do just about everything - no right click or mouse over hints. Even expert vids on how to use it seem to think you can have separate settings for instant replay and manual recording, because they duplicate the customize tab.

Anyway, once I got used to it, the overlay was nice for changing settings quickly, and it does generally do a good job w/o crashing for me. It's just the minimalist lazy design, lack of documentation, and bugs (if you know about them), that I still find frustrating. I guess I'll need to check what it's doing with the Rift these days.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:56 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Well, I did it - I just cleared my save.

How's life as new you? :)

I wonder if it is possible for FD support to set Colonia as a new home on request.. I mean if I want to clear save too and start in the bubble #2 instead of the old one.
I've done clear once, just before Horizons. But if I would do it now the losses would be much higher than on the first time. No more King/Admiral so no more Cutter/Corvette. No more Founders world either, but I don't know.. that could be a good thing too.

Of course one way to start over would have been to buy another account as it was on sale, but money's really tight now so that's not an option.
I would still have time to start over on 1. of January too :)
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:52 am

JustSomeGuy wrote:How's life as new you? :)

I'm having a ball back in a Sidey - most fun in over a year. Running missions just to upgrade from E to D rated modules. Taking missions I can't even complete because my jump range is so low :o. Not getting interdicted by elite FDLs - haven't even fired my guns all day. I'm now mostly A-rated and just need to pick up a fuel scoop, ADS, and DSS before heading out.

I don't think FD will make the new bubble a starter system as getting out there is what it's all about. And with insurance, you'll respawn there. I guess they could say that if you are already out there, then they may do it manually for you if you ask. As for a second account, I don't see how anybody could do that unless they had multiple personalities or something. :P

FWIW, I'm back in the Rift and tried saving a 5-minute replay and it stutter/froze my system for about 30 seconds.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:36 am

Yeah, I just can't really consider myself clearing my save, but I am seriously considering a second copy, already made a second frontier account :p

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:00 am

TorTorden wrote:Yeah, I just can't really consider myself clearing my save, but I am seriously considering a second copy, already made a second frontier account :p

It damn well better be named "Bob" or we will hunt you down and kill you... :P

I remember clearing my save in August of 2015. Great fun. I am now starting to realise that the fun I am having now is regardless of the ships. In fact, it may be time to sell off the Cutter and others and get back to the real fun of flying the small/mediums.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:08 am

TorTorden wrote:Yeah, I just can't really consider myself clearing my save, but I am seriously considering a second copy, already made a second frontier account :p

I am in the same boat as you, Tor. There is no way in hell I'd ever clear my save.

I created a 2nd account a couple of weeks ago, and plan to use that account for deep space exploration. That way I can keep all of my cool toys in the bubble, and enjoy either activity on a whim. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Hardware and Technical”