AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby AndyB » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:42 am

Rune wrote:
AndyB, if you're too far out the Galaxy Map won't be able to plot a route for you. What I did to get to Sol was to select it as a destination so I knew what direction it was in and then cycle through the systems I could jump to in order to find the one that was the closest in terms of direction and then repeated the process till I got close and could plot a course.

thanks for that tip, i'm now one jump from sol :D its a bit of a pain in the neck having to go to the galaxy map every time but worth the effort.

still, i'd like to see them bring in something like this thread on the FD forums suggests

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67502

Starman Jones wrote:AndyB what is FSD? Can you share your cobra set up?

Frame Shift Drive.

my Cobra is nothing special:
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Rune
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rune Sunfire

Postby Rune » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:34 pm

AndyB wrote:
Rune wrote:
AndyB, if you're too far out the Galaxy Map won't be able to plot a route for you. What I did to get to Sol was to select it as a destination so I knew what direction it was in and then cycle through the systems I could jump to in order to find the one that was the closest in terms of direction and then repeated the process till I got close and could plot a course.

thanks for that tip, i'm now one jump from sol :D its a bit of a pain in the neck having to go to the galaxy map every time but worth the effort.

still, i'd like to see them bring in something like this thread on the FD forums suggests

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67502

Excellent :) That's a really good post, they've presented their idea really well and seems like an ideal solution to me.

Dirtmuncher
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dirtmuncher

Postby Dirtmuncher » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:41 pm

I am running around in The hauler. I ditched the discovery scanner and fitted 2x 8t cargos (raku orbital) racks and a 1x 2t cargo rack. I am still near chemaku. Trading and mission running don't bring much credits in the coffer. Flying into raku without docking clearance isn't helping either.

I really suck at trading and am only making 200/ ton if anyone got some stellar tips to make money with trading I would be much obliged.

Forked
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Forked

Postby Forked » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:18 pm

If you're not already, start using Artie's Companion Tool. Map the stations in a few systems close to you (input the prices if it's not been done already) and perhaps add those systems to your favourites. His tool will tell you the most profitable routes to<-->from each station.

As for what stations to trade between, have a look at the cheat sheet :)

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:23 pm

If you can stand it....stay around the same system....

I started in Cosi and i'm still there in a sidey with 4T cargo......

If you do a lot of missions for the same faction the system becomes safe(ish).....Everything turns green......And missions seem to get better.....

Just done one tonight....35000... For 4 silver... In the same system....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Mr_Average
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Mr_Average

Postby Mr_Average » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:26 pm

Dirtmuncher wrote:I am running around in The hauler. I ditched the discovery scanner and fitted 2x 8t cargos (raku orbital) racks and a 1x 2t cargo rack. I am still near chemaku. Trading and mission running don't bring much credits in the coffer. Flying into raku without docking clearance isn't helping either.

I really suck at trading and am only making 200/ ton if anyone got some stellar tips to make money with trading I would be much obliged.

I have a feeling that the 'golden days' of trading are not going to be seen again. Frontier won't want it to be too easy to get bigger/better/faster ships early on. I reckon that we'll be grinding for a while.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:31 pm

In my mind....as it should be....

The original was fecking hard.....

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

JonnyCombat
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Jonny Hewitt

Postby JonnyCombat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:25 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:In my mind....as it should be....

The original was fecking hard.....

:)

Agreed. There is no rush to get the best stuff, and the journey to get it is kind of the whole point. You don't down a £50 bottle of wine in 10 minutes (well some people might :))

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Some good advice there. Doing the find and grind missions where you go look for something to bring back can bring rich rewards - rather than buying and selling on the market blind. I once made 80,000 creds on just two missions to bring back Coltan and Computer Components to the same station. And the more of these you do, the better as you become friendly with them.

I think I have noticed that when your cargo hold gets bigger then the missions like these expect you to bring more back and so making the reward higher. Am I right?

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit

Postby Jockgit64 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:32 am

JonnyCombat wrote:You don't down a £50 bottle of wine in 10 minutes (well some people might :))

How did you find out about that??? :?

Return to “General Discussion”