Halfway Halfassed Tour: Organizing and Logistics.

Explorer Exchange
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Halfway Halfassed Tour: Organizing and Logistics.

Postby TorTorden » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:32 pm

I think I will take my aspx, dunno for how far but it's my last rank now.
But as the A-team know I tend get "issues" if I don't kill something on a regular basis...

I choose the asp since it now gets a 23 jump Kylie and it's cockpit is amazeballs in vr.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:37 am

Loriath wrote:Okay People, Updated the locations for the tour stops.

I am also setting a date for departure of Saturday August 13th.

Criticisms can be called in to 1-800-WHO-CARES. :P

Yeah, about that...

After all this time, it seems a bit of short notice.

Even if we're grouped by time zones, there will be a lot of overlap, especially on weekends. I can see having two kickoffs, but I think it would be better if we all joined the same private group - or did I miss that?

I'll hopefully be getting my VR HMD early next week. So I don't know if that's a good thing - having more time to mess with it while on a slow exploration, or a bad thing - not having stations and etc. to experience in 3D.

Also, didn't they just break wings again. Might it be better to wait until they are fixed?
It's time to give this another go.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Yeah, about that...

After all this time, it seems a bit of short notice.

Even if we're grouped by time zones, there will be a lot of overlap, especially on weekends. I can see having two kickoffs, but I think it would be better if we all joined the same private group - or did I miss that?

I'll hopefully be getting my VR HMD early next week. So I don't know if that's a good thing - having more time to mess with it while on a slow exploration, or a bad thing - not having stations and etc. to experience in 3D.

Also, didn't they just break wings again. Might it be better to wait until they are fixed?

We are all in the same group. Mobius :P

Seriously, I mentioned in a previous post that I would be setting the date as soon as I came back from Vacation. I am sorry if it is bad timing for some, but no matter what time I set it is going to be an issue for some people. There have been 3 people that have said it is bad for them, and everyone else that showed interest have been silent.

Yes wings are borked, but you don't need wings to do this run. Even the other members of the A-Team are not going to be going side by side. We need wings to get into the same instance (for the kickoff on Noshaq) and that works. Its travelling as a wing that is fubar. We can work around it quite easily as well as the fact that not everyone will be taking the same route. In fact, I expect not everyone will actually leave this weekend. Some of us will head out right away, some of us may have to sober up and will leave the following day. :P

Remember this is a Self Guided Tour. You do not have to start when we do, or be at the kickoff but can still take part. I have listed the itinerary and everyone is free to do it at their own pace, and that includes when they leave and how fast they move, so everyone that wants to take part can, even if they can't make the Kickoff Schedule. I made the destination plans in three parts as a way to let people know that they can take part on any part of the tour. Short, Medium, and Long. Not everyone can do all the parts be it because of time, space madness, or other reasons.

There are no planned meetups along the way, though I would imagine that there would be some impromptu ones.

The date I set was reasonable in my mind but if this is a major issue then people who have said they are interested need to speak up.
So far there has been an overwhelming silence about it. I have no idea if it is because the people that have expressed interest are not around, or have no interest. Unless I hear from more people that they can't make it, the planned departure stands.

I have mentioned it on the Discord channel, and posted it on Twitter as well with hope that more people will want to take part. And the Discord Channel I have setup for the trip has only 5 members including myself. I assume that it is not really needed since Mobius Discord Server has been redone and is quite active now (that was not the case when I proposed the tour).

And if no one shows up at the start, that is okay as well. After all, it is all about playing the game YOU want to play. I hope a few will, because I know a few of us will be sitting outside Searle Point on Noshaq come Saturday Night. And the post with the location will always be here, so people who find it later can do the tour themselves.

See you there :P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Loriath wrote:We are all in the same group. Mobius :P

Actually, some are in Mobius, and some are in Mobius PVE.

Thanks FD, for having no group management tools that would have allowed us to stay in one group, as there are probably well under 20,000 active members.

Anyway, if there are no plans for group meet up along the way, with A-TeamTM style shenanigans and asshattery, then I suppose people can fly in solo if they want.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:32 pm

There are no plans but that can change depending on circumstances. And it does not rule out any Commanders making their own plans.

And yes there are two groups hence my suggestion for two kick offs.

But no one has mentioned interest in heading the USA start.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghworg

Postby Ghworg » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:02 am

I've decided not to participate after all. The thing that attracted me to this was doing it as a group, as we seem to have gone from 23 interested people to about 3 it's not the same any more. Good luck to those who choose to go ahead an fly safe o7.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Ghworg wrote:I've decided not to participate after all. The thing that attracted me to this was doing it as a group, as we seem to have gone from 23 interested people to about 3 it's not the same any more. Good luck to those who choose to go ahead an fly safe o7.

Ditto.

Plus, I have company this weekend so I'd miss the kick off.
And I'm getting my HMD on Tuesday or Wednesday, and I really want to get that set up.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Yeah, seems that no one is really interested anymore enough to even say they are interested :P

I will be going, and so will Dawg. I think Kharma and Tor are up for it as well. Kharma may not be depending on if he realizes there are no places outside the bubble to get booze :D

Still planning to do the meetup on Noshaq tomorrow to kick things off.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

salokcinksuc
Harmless
Harmless

Postby salokcinksuc » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Missed this earlier in the week, I'm still looking to go on this little trip into the unknown. Now I've got myself a itty bitty 'conda now. Need to kit it out a bit though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:49 pm

I'm still up for it. Getting fed up with grinding for emp/fed rank.

Need to build a ship, though. I want some fuel transfer limpets, just in case.

[Edit] This seems to have a pretty decent jump range...

Return to “Explorer Exchange”