Community Support for the game and it's features
tonygagey
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Turrets not fireing

Postby tonygagey » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:16 am

So I have bought a clipper! Yea!
Fit it out with two size 3 pulse lazer turrets and two size two gimbaled beam lazers, and nothing from turrets, I have set the systems pannel to target only and still dont seem to work at all ?
Have they been nerfed or am I doing somthing wrong?
Never used turrets before.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Turrets not fireing

Postby Xebeth » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Have you set the fire groups?
If you have (as silly as it sounds) are you pressing fire?
Do you have enough power?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:48 pm

If you do not have a Target set it to Fire Ahead it should fire if everything else is set correctly.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

tonygagey
Harmless
Harmless

Postby tonygagey » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Assigned them in firegroups, working now,but dont seem to fire behind ?

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:04 pm

tonygagey wrote:Assigned them in firegroups, working now,but dont seem to fire behind ?

Turrets direction can be blocked by your Hull or Superstructure, if the Target is under the mount point it can't see it, flip, roll, yaw or pitch towards the target may allow Turrets to see and hit the Target.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:25 pm

I've used turrets on Pythons and Anacondas, set to fire at will, and I've never had a problem. I'm pretty sure they are no longer bugged. I have one fire group with turrets and one without. If I have all weapons active and target a ship and start firing, only the gimballed/fixed weapons will fire until the ship is hit and becomes hostile, and then the turrets will open up. They stop firing as soon as the target blows up. Meanwhile, if an Eagle sneaks up behind me and starts firing, the turrets usually switch to it and take it out. I assume the turrets shoot at the closest hostile ship.

The only thing I watch out for is when a hostile ship leads my turrets into the path of friendly ships, usually by flying behind a cop Anaconda. I do look out for this and try to switch to a fire group w/o turrets before I hit a friendly. I'm pretty sure I have still nicked a few friendlies, but haven't gotten a bounty yet. I also never have my hardpoints deployed anywhere near a station.

Good luck getting your turrets sorted.
It's time to give this another go.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:01 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:...I'm pretty sure they are no longer bugged...

I think that bugs occur on a per-ship basis, so while the turrets may be fixed on a particular ship, that may be no guarantee they are fixed on others.

For example, the huge MCs on my vette don't seem to use up any ammo.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:42 pm

That's an interesting point. I'd heard about the endless ammo for multi-cannons, but I thought they had fixed that in the last patch. Of course, it seems that every time FD fixes something, they break, or break again, something else.

Anyway, I don't recall about some of these bugs being ship specific, so that may be why I haven't experienced any problems. Regardless, I was referring to the more dangerous bugs of having your turrets shoot clean ship, and possibly even shoot when they are not deployed, or not in the current fire group. I probably wouldn't mind having an endless ammo bug.

I can hear some asshat on the main forums spewing something about how "dangerous" is in the name, so I shouldn't be upset about getting blown up by the station because my turrets had a mind of their own. :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I can hear some asshat on the main forums ...

I would pointout that No A-Team member is involved in this.....

And I would note that from now on, we are referred to as "A-Team (TM)" or "Asshats (TM)" to keep our good name from being besmirched by others.

I do concur though that they seem to break key things on every update. We have been waiting since 2.1.0 dropped for them to fix Wings and have had large tickets opened and worked with them to do so. They say that they have a fix, but that it may or may not make it to the next patch. That was the last patch, and no fix. So I hope that one happens this week. We are very frustrated with this as it is key to our playing.

The A-Team (TM) probably use wings more than most. Breaking Wings has caused us to play less. Which Sucks.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:The only thing I watch out for is when a hostile ship leads my turrets into the path of friendly ships, usually by flying behind a cop Anaconda. I do look out for this and try to switch to a fire group w/o turrets before I hit a friendly. I'm pretty sure I have still nicked a few friendlies, but haven't gotten a bounty yet. I also never have my hardpoints deployed anywhere near a station.

I'm under the impression that when your turrets are on 'fire at will' mode, the accidental shots they make to friendly npc ships are ignored. But only in 'fire at will' mode, not 'targeted enemy' or 'forward fire'. Can't remember where I got that, so no link to the source. So far I've had no fines or bounties from friendly fire with turrets.

After a quick search I found one site that seems to back me up:
http://www.pcinvasion.com/elite-dangero ... -powerplay

PCinvasion wrote:Turrets set to ‘Fire At Will’ won’t be able to “accidentally commit assault crimes” any more, either. They will check whether a target is legal before opening fire (handy,) or check if it’s someone you’ve already fired upon (after all, you might intentionally be committing a criminal act.) Ships hit by accidental stray shots won’t hold it against you.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”