CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: The Order Influence in Azrael down

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:33 pm

smartroad wrote:
CMDR Abil Midena wrote:That has no impact on the BGS. It only hurts your rep and costs you money in fines.

I thought it was abandoning missions, not failing, them that didn't impact the BGS?

Unless they changed things, neither impacts the BGS.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Masark wrote:According to Brookes' chart, fines negatively affect influence.

That would be a secondary effect, yes. Only some missions carry fines for failure though.

Bottom line, if you want to tank a factions inf, it is easier, faster, and more impactful (see chart) to just kill everything that flies for that faction. Given the type of people that would target OOM, it's even more likely to be the cause of your inf drop.

Either way, you can't do anything about what they are doing, other than run missions for your faction to counter their fines, or bounty hunt to counter their killing.

I would like to know how others taking missions impacts missions available though. I thought, in part, number of missions offered depended on player traffic (and system state, system pop, etc, etc), which would mitigate people taking missions. I dunno. Ask the devs I guess.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Walter wrote:You're involved in a War in another system. It makes no difference if there are missions or not for OoM as they will have no influence on the Influence until the War is over - unless they are combat missions against your foe in Exioce.

Anybody taking missions for any other faction will gain Influence points at your expense and there's nothing you can do about it.

Edit: Thinking about it, there are three things you can do:

1 Win the War in Exioce

2 Lose the War in Exioce.

3 Fight the War in Exioce while running missions for any other faction against NLTT 7789 Exchange on their home turf - there's nothing they can do about it, except . . .

The war is in Exioce, the missions in question are in Azrael. I was under the impression that war only affects the effectiveness in the system where the war is present, not all systems.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Walter wrote:You're involved in a War in another system. It makes no difference if there are missions or not for OoM as they will have no influence on the Influence until the War is over - unless they are combat missions against your foe in Exioce.

Anybody taking missions for any other faction will gain Influence points at your expense and there's nothing you can do about it.

1 Win the War in Exioce

3 Fight the War in Exioce while running missions for any other faction against NLTT 7789 Exchange on their home turf - there's nothing they can do about it, except . . .

The war is in Exioce, the missions in question are in Azrael. I was under the impression that war only affects the effectiveness in the system where the war is present, not all systems.

It's a reasonable assumption based on previous experience.

But things have changed. A number of undocumented features have come to light since 2.1. Because they are undocumented, nobody knows whether these are as intended or bugs. This is one of those features. While a faction is in a conflict of any type its Influence rating can only be changed within that conflict; in all other systems the Influence level for that faction is locked.

Here's an early observation: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost4067833

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:50 pm

Well if that is the case then it's completely pants, this game just get progressively less fun with each update.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Paddy van CH
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Paddy Van CH

Postby Paddy van CH » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Xebeth wrote:Well if that is the case then it's completely pants, this game just get progressively less fun with each update.

Agree to that. Just forces everybody down one particular route. And I thought E:D is more then a shooter game.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Paddy van CH wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Well if that is the case then it's completely pants, this game just get progressively less fun with each update.

Agree to that. Just forces everybody down one particular route. And I thought E:D is more then a shooter game.

You could always try my suggestion of a slightly different gameplay to make it more interesting, but not discuss it on an open forum.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:01 pm

Amen brother.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:37 am

Walter wrote:
Xebeth wrote:

1 Win the War in Exioce

It's a reasonable assumption based on previous experience.

But things have changed. A number of undocumented features have come to light since 2.1. Because they are undocumented, nobody knows whether these are as intended or bugs. This is one of those features. While a faction is in a conflict of any type its Influence rating can only be changed within that conflict; in all other systems the Influence level for that faction is locked.

Here's an early observation: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost4067833

Hello,
I've noticed that the Order's influence level in Azrael has been dropping by 5% per day over the last 3 days, while we are at war in Exioce.
But isn't the faction's influence in systems not at war supposed to be locked while the war is going on?

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Masark
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Masark

Postby Masark » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:36 am

Falcon_D wrote:Hello,
I've noticed that the Order's influence level in Azrael has been dropping by 5% per day over the last 3 days, while we are at war in Exioce.
But isn't the faction's influence in systems not at war supposed to be locked while the war is going on?

Have fun, fly safe. o7

"Locked" in the sense that we can't do anything to directly improve it. But all the other factions are unlocked and free to increase their influence, including at the expense of ours.

Return to “General Assembly”