Community Support for the game and it's features
Knowbeard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Knowbeard
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Fortifying for Felicia Winters [Answered - can close]

Postby Knowbeard » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:47 pm

TL;DR Are all the fortifying missions deliveries? If so are there any ways to gain merits for Winters through combat so my Vulture isn't useless?

I only started playing about a week ago, spent a few hours dilly-dallying in my Sidewinder a couple of months ago and got distracted.

Spent 90+ hours within the last 2 weeks and bought an ASP Explorer along the way, then I decided I was good enough (pilot skill wise) for combat, so I traded it for a Vulture and outfitted as such (I love it very very much).

Yesterday I decided to check out what that galactic powers button is in my left menu and have pledged to Felicity Winters. I've done a few fortification runs in the Vulture and I would prefer another way to get merits, until I can afford to buy an ASP again specifically for fortifications.
Last edited by Knowbeard on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Re: Fortifying for Felicia Winters

Postby Sevin Church » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Felicia does Social and Finance for preparation and expansions/control. You can go to Imperial or Alliance space and interdict faction NPCs to destroy. Doing so earns 30 a piece. If you switched to Hudson, given you like the feds in general, he has combat zones. In those you earn 10 a piece no matter that size ship you kill.

Now keep in mind that every week the situation can change, so if you go Hudson, it is not guaranteed that he will have combat zones every week. Those are for expanding his influence.

Knowbeard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Knowbeard

Re: Fortifying for Felicia Winters

Postby Knowbeard » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, wasn't expecting it so sorry for the delayed cheers!

I think I'll stick with winters and go for the opposing NPCs!

/thread

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Fortifying for Felicia Winters [Answered - can close]

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:15 pm

No matter what faction (but one) gains merits if you travel to archon delaine's control systems and interdict kumo crew transports.

He isn't aligned with any major power and considered a giant bag og dicks so he is naturally everybody's favorite punching bag regardless what other power you join.
This also good in case you want to wing up with other players who might be pledged with other powers.

And merit points aren't split. If you wing up with three others and you all kill one you will all each get the full 30 merits.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”