Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Server patch today

Postby Cometborne » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:16 pm

From the official forum:

Zac Antonaci wrote:Hey everyone,

Good news, we have a server update coming today which will bring some requested changes into the game. It won’t be a point update so there shouldn’t be any server downtime.

The first change coming in the server updated will be local news articles at the Engineers bases to help direct players to locations where they will be able to source the materials they need. In addition we will be increasing the amount of materials you can hold from 600 to 1,000. We will also be increasing the amount of Data you can hold from 200 to 500 units.

Alongside these changes we will also be making some adjustments to the requirements to unlock a couple of Engineers. Specifically, we will be reducing the required number of rare goods on them down to 50 tonnes. We will also be adjusting the availability of rare goods in the galaxy slightly. States will still change the allocation of rares but the numbers are more favourable than previously.

As mentioned above, these changes will be coming into effect today and I’d personally just like to thank the development team. They’ve worked incredibly hard over the recent week’s and are always looking at and reviewing the feedback from the community. There will be an additional point update coming which will also include a number of feedback, fixes and changes and we’ll have some more news on that soon.

No word on the broken permit missions, the NPC issues, the interdiction issues, etc. pp.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghworg

Re: Server patch today

Postby Ghworg » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:25 pm

Cometborne wrote:From the official forum:

No word on the broken permit missions, the NPC issues, the interdiction issues, etc. pp.

Changing some numbers in a database is much easier than fixing actual bugs and changing algorithms. I just hope they are actually working on the other stuff.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Great....

I can now carry around more useless shite......

:P

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cmdr Tomo Rosso

Postby Cmdr Tomo Rosso » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Ghworg wrote: I just hope they are actually working on the other stuff.

Yeah, sure they are. Just like they've fixed all the bugs/poor design in previous point releases before saying "meh.. that'll do, it sort of works" and moving on to the next half-arsed release.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:54 pm

I think something must have happened with npc's too.

I have been hopping around with four micro weave cooling hoses for my dirty drive upgrade .

And I have only been hounded once by an elite anaconda, not the normal Elite gunship that's been waiting for me EVERY time I entered cruise.
And to top it off that Anaconda flew like an anaconda, he wasn't a slouch but he wasn't spamming scb's and spinning like a clipper on meth.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:33 pm

TorTorden wrote:And I have only been hounded once by an elite anaconda, not the normal Elite gunship that's been waiting for me EVERY time I entered cruise.

Try gaining a bounty, I had an elite FDL, Python or FAS virtually every system, all for less than 10k bounty. At least it was a selection of ships.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Well I am being interdicted, but not quite as often, and it's not gone from Elite FAS\FGS to an Anaconda, (in my vette)

But unlike before these actually seem to fly like an anaconda and not spinning around like an imperial clipper on Disney princess crystal-meth.
The last one I fought popped a shield cell as well, but unlike before not spamming them to the point of becoming invincible, his heat vents also lit up in the darkness so maybe they even tweaked that part :P

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:14 pm

TorTorden wrote:Well I am being interdicted, but not quite as often, and it's not gone from Elite FAS\FGS to an Anaconda, (in my vette)

But unlike before these actually seem to fly like an anaconda and not spinning around like an imperial clipper on Disney princess crystal-meth.
The last one I fought popped a shield cell as well, but unlike before not spamming them to the point of becoming invincible, his heat vents also lit up in the darkness so maybe they even tweaked that part :P

I wonder if that actually happened before the patch? I had an Elite Conda interdict me last night, it didn't fight like an of the others I had seen since 2.1, didn't pop a shield cell and was relatively easy to follow, I was able to stay on its six using just my thrusters, hardly any FA-Off.

Maybe I was just lucky, it wasn't a walk-over by any means, but seemed, I don't know, more Anaconda'ry
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:57 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Great....

I can now carry around more useless shite......

:P

That's what I like to hear. Business as usual, Kharma? ;)
"Wibble"

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:02 am

The title of this thread is inaccurate. The patch came out yesterday.
"Wibble"

Return to “News and Announcements”