Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Help, I fell out of the loop!

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:26 am

Good morning, afternoon, or evening my fellow CMDR's. It has been some time since I have perused these forums and I was hoping someone could give me a bit of a rundown of the happenings within the game since about late January to early February. I am looking for more of a state of the game address than an actual rundown of all changes, if there have even been any. In general is there anything I should know before jumping back into the game?

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Help, I fell out of the loop!

Postby Darr Valen » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:07 am

StaticRadion wrote:Good morning, afternoon, or evening my fellow CMDR's. It has been some time since I have perused these forums and I was hoping someone could give me a bit of a rundown of the happenings within the game since about late January to early February. I am looking for more of a state of the game address than an actual rundown of all changes, if there have even been any. In general is there anything I should know before jumping back into the game?

So, the first thing you should know is this:

Wait, I'm mostly out of the loop too.

Since I've no idea how fart O-O-T-L you are there's this.

- ElitePVE Split groups due to the massive size. There's now a group for Euros, and MurrbiusPVE, for 'Murrbicans, Canamurrbians(really Google, THAT one you don't try to autocorrect?), Murrxicans, and anyone else that's auto swapped in, I guess.

- There are some dbags from some Slow Dog Group or some such, that are trolling. Nothing new there though.

- The Engineers got stuck in a traffic jam, and as such, are delayed.

- Trying to land an Imperial Cutter on a high gravity world is still a bad idea, I assume

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:40 am

To add:
The Order tried to make headway in Exioce twice and failed twice. The BGS still seems a bit wonky. But some of the wonkiness got explained during a live stream.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:07 am

Welcome back!

As others have said The Order of Mobius has tried (and unfortunately failed) to get in to Exioce twice. If you are interested in supporting out Minor Faction then we are trying to get to 75%+ to trigger another expansion into (hopefully) an easier system.

2.1 Engineers (and 1.6) beta starts some time next week - I imagine that the game release will be 1 to 2 weeks after that.

Player Factions have had the chance to become a major power for PowerPlay - The Order has no such ambitions currently so we never went in for it.

Been a few controversies with other player groups - same old really with PvE/PvP "My way of playing is the right way and yours isn't"
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:17 am

And you missed the Rise of the A-Team. A Major Milestone in the game to which will eventually be monu-mental in the grand ED Universe. There is no doubt this group is destined for something.

Oh and they buffed the FDL Powerplant and killed SCB's to the point where the king is a Silent hull tanking FDL with Rails.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Loriath wrote:And you missed the Rise of the A-Team. A Major Milestone in the game to which will eventually be monu-mental in the grand ED Universe. There is no doubt this group is destined for something.

Oh and they buffed the FDL Powerplant and killed SCB's to the point where the king is a Silent hull tanking FDL with Rails.

Left the game after the newness of the Corvette wore off only to return and have to dust off my FDL again... sigh. Well I do love the FDL, but if Engineers is that close to release then I will probably wait another 2 weeks before I dip my toe in again.

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

cptcisco
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Texas Kool-Aid

Postby cptcisco » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:45 pm

What is the A Team?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:09 pm

cptcisco wrote:What is the A Team?

Just a bunch of idiots that play together. We have absolutely no ability except to have fun :P

From our Inara page:

► Show Spoiler
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “General Discussion”