Empire
MattB
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Niamh Locke
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Spoiler Alert - Ranking Empire Rep - Updated

Postby MattB » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:48 pm

The tricky bit is getting it so you have the donation mission and one other that is obvious.

The exact scenrio for me was one donation mission available and one 'Cut the Power' surface mission as the only available surface mission (others were on the list but I had minimal cargo space so they were unobtainable).

Updated. I've had feedback from people to say this does work, and from some who have said it doesn't. I've just spent 90 mins making sure and it does work but you have to follow the detail to the letter.

So read the steps through a couple of times BEFORE starting. (Remember that once you CAP a rank, you MUST accept, do, and then complete the Navy Rank Mission.....see steps 12-18 when you get to this point) You will not gain anymore ranking % after 100% until you complete that ranking mission.

You MUST BE in an Empire aligned system, it will not work if there is no Empire aligned faction in the system. Go to Cubeo, that's where it worked for me.

You'll need up to 8-10m credits or so to get to Duke.
Right here goes......and it is complicated.

Get 99 Missions (dump one if you cap at 100 - The Bulletin Board will tell you when you reach the cap with the following message. "YOU HAVE TOO MANY MISSIONS OPEN, COMPLETE SOME TO ALLOW YOU TO ACCEPT MORE MISSIONS" ( For this you will need to cycle logging in and out of Open/Solo/Private (if you have a private option)) (Don't take missions that involve filling your cargo hold, nor missions that will result in a fine if you fail.) (When I did this I was at Roskam Keep in Cubeo 3a and I only accepted the missions involving attacking, or going to do something at, Metcalf Keep)

When you've reached this cap of 99 start logging in and out until you get offered a donation mission for more than 15k which also has the EMPIRE LOGO displayed to the right of the bar AND a surface mission on its own. (The reason you want a higher value one is because the more cash you donate the quicker you rank up). So stick with it and keep logging until one of this specific type of mission becomes available.

When, eventually, the above donation mission becomes available take it but DO NOT LOG OUT.

Now you are at 100 missions (99 + 1 Empire 15k+ donation mission) take an EASILY recognisable surface mission (try to note what the mission is) at the top of the list of available missions which should then hit you with the message "YOU HAVE TOO MANY MISSIONS OPEN, COMPLETE SOME TO ALLOW YOU TO ACCEPT MORE MISSIONS"

Close that window and now COMPLETE the Empire 15k+ donation mission.

Now try to take the EXACT!!!! same mission you tried to take in step 4. Which should hit you with the following NEW message "THE MISSIONS ON DISPLAY ARE NO LONGER VALID. REQUESTING NEW INFORMATION NOW, PLEASE STANDBY FOR UPDATE"
Let the board refresh by clicking the button to close that message window.

Now at the top of the screen should be the Empire 15k+ donation mission exactly the same as you just completed in 5 and the mission you couldn't take because you were full. Take the Empire 15k+ donation mission. ***BUT DO NOT COMPLETE IT YET*****

Now try to take the EXACT!!! same mission you tried to take in step 4 and it should give you the message "YOU HAVE TOO MANY MISSIONS OPEN, COMPLETE SOME TO ALLOW YOU TO ACCEPT MORE MISSIONS"

Close the window and now COMPLETE the Empire 15k+ donation mission.

And that is it, do steps 1 to 5 and then you will need to repeat steps 6 through to 10 precisely for it to work. If it starts to unravel faster than an Arsenal Premier League campaign just go back the start and do it again.

This is the VERY complicated bit

When you cap at 100% of rank take the donation mission but don't complete it, and dump ONE mission so you can also take the Navy Rank mission. Try to get one that just involves hopping to Chelmoney Orbital, but any short one will do. You might have to log in and out for bit until you get the Navy mission to show up.

Complete the Navy Mission and then go back to Roksam if you aren't already there.

You should be back at 99 missions but this time with the open donation mission, take one more mission.

Now take another and you should get the warning "YOU HAVE TOO MANY MISSIONS OPEN, COMPLETE SOME TO ALLOW YOU TO ACCEPT MORE MISSIONS"

Close the window and now COMPLETE the Empire 15k+ donation mission.

If you are lucky the donation mission will be available again as in the earlier steps, if not just repeat the logging in / out until you get the desired donation mission to appear.

Now go back and do steps 6 through 10 until you get the Navy mission and then progress 11 through 16.
Last edited by MattB on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

Reo Creed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Reo Creed

Re: Spoiler Alert - Ranking Empire Rep

Postby Reo Creed » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:50 pm

What kind of missions?... cut the power?... salvage?.... etc?

Reo

MattB
Harmless
Harmless

Postby MattB » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:54 pm

It doesn't matter. You're not going to carry them out, they are fillers for the 99 you need. Just don't accept any that will fine you credits if you don't complete them.

Just bear in mind that you won't make any money rhis way, but if it works its much faster.

Reo Creed
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Reo Creed » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Ok... I've taken a bunch of "kill the power" jobs... I don't see any Imperial missions.

Reo Creed
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Reo Creed » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Come on into the Mobius TS3.. if you would.. you'll see me down the page as Reo.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Darr Valen » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Tempted to get back into game and do this, since I have the final 2 ranks of Imperial Rank to finish off all my rep grinds.

MattB
Harmless
Harmless

Postby MattB » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:10 pm

I'll be on after 730uk time. The only mission you need to be Empire rank is the donation mission. Thats the only one you have to cash in......multiple times of course.

Reo Creed
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Reo Creed » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Haven't seen any of those.

Reo.

MattB
Harmless
Harmless

Postby MattB » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:20 am

What system are you in? If you're in Cubeo at Roskam, the Empire mission do come up with the logo on the right. It's that donation mission you are fishing for. Log in, log out and eventually it will pop up.

Will be on this evening, but only for an hour around 730-830uk on TS if you can be on then.

DustKart
Competent
Competent
CMDR: DustKart

Postby DustKart » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:46 am

Yep, it works.
It's a bit of a grind to get the missions and a grind to inrease rank but it does work.
Thanks for sharing! ;)

Return to “Empire”