Wings, Subgroups, and Fleets supporting Powers
Wihglah
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Thomas Riker
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Poweplay rank 5 here we come!

Postby Wihglah » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:49 pm

OK so Aisling Duval runs a majorly boring operation. Doesn't look like there are any combat options at all. Schlepping propaganda is her thing.

I am at 7086 merits with 3 nights to go.

Not going to lie, I have spent about 30 mil credits rushing the supplies so far, but I have earned about 17 mil shipping Palladium on the return legs.

If all goes to plan I have another 5 trips to go, during which I will make another 7.5 mill. Sadly I estimate I will have to spend another 15 mill rushing.

Still long term it will be OK. Twice an many free merits next week and only 5000 to ship. Won't have to rush any and 12 mill in trading profit.

I have now dispatched 7 Adjusters. 6 Cobra Mk 3s and a DBS. I also took a Python down to 40% hull but got down to one ring on my shield so ran for it.

Wihglah
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Wihglah » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Right, recap of the week.:

Started with 1560 merits on Thursday Morning
Collected 4000 free merits at 25 per 30 mins
Paid for 4460 at a cost of 43,600,000 credits
Ended with 10060 Merits on Wednesday evening
BUT I also made a trading profit of 23,000,000 credits

So have attained rank 5 and it cost me 20,000,000 credits overall. When you factor in the 5 million credits I will receive tomorrow morning I will be 15 mill in the red.

However I am now a rank 5 again, which means easy street all the way to prismatic shields in 3 weeks time.

I have killed 9 adjusters, and evaded 4 more either by winning the interdiction or just high waking away.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:09 am

Wihglah wrote:Right, recap of the week.:

So have attained rank 5 and it cost me 20,000,000 credits overall. When you factor in the 5 million credits I will receive tomorrow morning I will be 15 mill in the red.

However I am now a rank 5 again, which means easy street all the way to prismatic shields in 3 weeks time.

I have killed 9 adjusters, and evaded 4 more either by winning the interdiction or just high waking away.

I started this cycle at 5600 merits and ran fortification supplies. I do 5 runs a day and my total expenditure rushing the timer was 24 million. I am perplexed as to how someone could spend 87% of their total bonus? I also made 27 million bounty hunting but I've been playing "The Division" and only went out twice. But to be fair I park my Python at the HQ and get 50 tons for free, then when I log in, the next 50 is also free. The remaining 100 of my 200 ton capacity is done while I do housework so that is also free. So 1 of 5 is free. Then I haul to systems that need the supplies and by the time I get back the 1st 50 for the 2nd run is free. So I only pay 1.5 million per run for the remaining 4 runs. I do that for 4 days. The balance or any shortfall is made up by earning undermine points. The actual expenditure is less if I factor in trade and interdiction earnings. A. Lavigny-Duval's current bonus to my bounties is 150% :)

Wihglah
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Wihglah » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:18 pm

Black Rose wrote:
Wihglah wrote:Right, recap of the week.:

I started this cycle at 5600 merits and ran fortification supplies. I do 5 runs a day and my total expenditure rushing the timer was 24 million. I am perplexed as to how someone could spend 87% of their total bonus? I also made 27 million bounty hunting but I've been playing "The Division" and only went out twice. But to be fair I park my Python at the HQ and get 50 tons for free, then when I log in, the next 50 is also free. The remaining 100 of my 200 ton capacity is done while I do housework so that is also free. So 1 of 5 is free. Then I haul to systems that need the supplies and by the time I get back the 1st 50 for the 2nd run is free. So I only pay 1.5 million per run for the remaining 4 runs. I do that for 4 days. The balance or any shortfall is made up by earning undermine points. The actual expenditure is less if I factor in trade and interdiction earnings. A. Lavigny-Duval's current bonus to my bounties is 150% :)

Don't forget I started at 1560 merits and was rating 4, I expect this cycle to have no rushing whatsoever.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:23 am

Wihglah wrote:Don't forget I started at 1560 merits and was rating 4, I expect this cycle to have no rushing whatsoever.

I had a PP meltdown today.

But lets make believe that that 50% of 10,000 merits is 5,000. ( I know that sounds absurd, but I started this mornings cycle with 11,142 merits and the game said "ok 50% of that is 4,999!)

Ok, so now you are level 5 and you get your 1st 50 million pay out next week. Your fortification allotment is 50 units every 30 minutes.

With no rushing it will take you 50 hours to just collect the supplies + transit time to move them which doesn't leave any time, IMO, to do anything else but be a slave to PP :(

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:38 am

Remember folks that the merits that you carry over each week are 1/2 of the merits that you **EARNED** from previous weeks, *NOT* 1/2 of what your total merits were at the end of the week.

So, if you had 10,000 merits at the end of the cycle but earned 7,000 of them last week, you'll carry over 3500 from that week (plus the 1/4 of what you earned 2 weeks ago and 1/8 of what you earned 3 weeks ago).

Black Rose wrote:With no rushing it will take you 50 hours to just collect the supplies + transit time to move them which doesn't leave any time, IMO, to do anything else but be a slave to PP :(

Which is exactly why I only maintain level 2 with ALD and do whatever the hell I want to with the rest of my E-D play time each week. I won't be a slave to the PP system.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Wihglah
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Wihglah » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:14 am

Yeah it's getting grindy. Once I have the shields I am done with PP.

Wihglah
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Wihglah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Well, as predicted the last 2 weeks have been very easy to maintain rank 5. I have even discovered that I can engage in combat to defend an allied power to earn credits. It's just a long way to go....

just 8 days more to get the shields.

I have done some playing on ED Shipyard and I think the only ships that can use them properly are the Cutter and the Python. All the others just run into power issues.

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:30 am

After i get that advanced plasma tomorrow im going for those prismatics.

Looks like Corvette can handle those too, This setup has 1814Mj shield strenght and uses 99% of availeble power :)

Wihglah
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Wihglah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Woohoo!

4 weeks completed. I put the 6A Prismatic on my Cutter already and improved the shield strength from 1058 to 1494 MJ.

I shall complete this weeks merits (I need the cash for my Corvette) then do no more powerplay.

Return to “Powers”