Allied Factions - Mutual Cooperation Agreement

Diplomatic and public relations of the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Allied Factions - Mutual Cooperation Agreement

Postby Tifu » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Mouse wrote:All can do is plug away. It would be great for ADL to pull back and out of Priva.. and hope no one else wants it. Priva was chosen because it was on the border and a good waypoint for transport of Cubeo Razorback Bacon.

Other factors including PP were not considered in the choice and was our detriment.. but continue to plug away.

If things are still stalemated at Azrael & Exioce during the next few days then I'll hop over to Priva. I have some ideas but need to see it and the surrounding systems close up to be sure they have a chance of working.

Acen ONYX
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Acen ONYX
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Acen ONYX » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:28 am

Xebeth wrote:
uvelius wrote:...One question to be clear: To takle missions BOTH for Mobius and for Empire factions at the station shouldn't be denied, or do you think it is?

Taking non-Order of Mobius missions in Azrael will increase the influence of that faction, and therefore decrease the influence of the order. It is therefore kindly requested that only Order of Mobius missions are run whilst in the Azrael system.

DISCLAIMER first:
I've been almost 6weeks(!) out of game, as had to sort/pack/move/new-house-hunt etc..
I'm just doing a "quick reply", and have not yet read the other 5 pages of exchanges listed available...

So apols if anyone else has already expressed / explored any of the following thoughts /ideas...

@Xebeth --
Please may we clarify re "taking" non-OoM missions, vs "(successfully) completing" non-OoM missions..

I don't think Influence happens at the "accept mission" stage, but rather when completed (positive) or failed/aborted (negative)...

That is to say... I **believe** (and someone DO correct me if I'm wrong!) that, if you TAKE an opposing faction's mission, and then FAIL or ABORT it, it contributes NEGATIVELY to that Faction.
(An implicit "boost" to Mobius [and any other opposed faction, eg in state of WAR]..)

So... if i am correct in my thinking, more specifically, Mobius members should be encouraged to:

1) PREFERABLY "only" take Order of Mobius (OoM) missions IN/from AZRAEL;
2) Preferably SUCCEED all OoM missions taken;
3) If for any reason e.g. time running out etc, a OoM mission looks like it might "fail", to NEVER ABORT any OoM mission (Negative Influence effect!)
... and it may be worth it (not for credits, sadly, but at least to prevent negative influence) to go through the motions to "complete" the mission anyway, that is, eg land at final destination..

** If having trouble with many missions, and NOT ABORTING, you might "accumulate" old "failed" missions on the list; keep in mind these will "disappear" the next time you "die". So if it's really an annoyance, buy a Sidey, unequip (sell off, or down-rate) everything, go outside the no-fire zone, and self-destruct [Functions menu, right side]. Rebuy is cheap as chips, STORE your SuiSidey; mission list will reset, swap back into your "regular" ship. ;) Only a small inconvenience, self-destructing.

4) Selectively Accept opposing-faction missions:
..a) Timed missions can be left to "time-out", to fail -- during this time, if you're lucky, another faction ship may contact you with an alternate offer; if you're REALLY lucky, the alt.faction might be an NPC MOBIUS ship - take this offer! -- or abort anytime.
..b) Transport missions -- sell on the Black Market, so you still get something, but "take away" from the opposing faction; or eject anytime.
..c) Assassinations -- can just ignore the target until time runs out; abort anytime.
.. . . . basically, "accept" an opposing (non-OoM) mission, and "fail" / "abort" it. Causes NEGATIVE Influence for mission-giver's Faction.

(Though, as I understand it, NOT AS MUCH negative influence on failing, as positive influence on success; so Influence effects are still "FASTER" if you "ONLY" DO OoM Missions taken in Azrael.)

Such might also garner you the occasional inconvenience of being attacked by that faction's ships.
(Let them fire first, to get a bounty.)

Your thoughts on these? :)

Kind Regards,

Cmdr .A. ONYX

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:44 am

Acen ONYX wrote:<snip>

The implication is that Commanders take and complete Order missions, this is what General Orders states.

Only failed missions have a negative effect, so aborting them does nothing, Commanders can take missions for other factions and then fail them, but the effect is smaller than successfully completing Order missions.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:49 am

The point about taking non-order missions then allowing an 'Order' agent to modify it to yours is a valid one though!

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 am

Taking a mission for an opposing faction and then immediately abandoning it was a strategy that definitely worked against that faction. The devs deemed it an unfair practice and removed the effect.

I've often read that allowing a mission to time out has a negative effect on the commissioning faction's influence, but can't see how setting when a mission is not completed makes any difference: not finishing a mission as taken should only have one effect.

Not completing a mission may or may not affect the faction's standing, but it your reputation with the faction will take a hit.

Selling out your contract to the highest bidder is a different kettle of fish, but I expect the consequences will be similar..

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:32 am

Just putting this info out there. The Dukes/Mercs of Mikunn and their allies have 30 systems under their control. Strong enough to tell the Archon Delaine PP faction - "no, you can't expand into our sphere of influence - sorry".

source : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91485

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:23 am

Tifu wrote:Just putting this info out there. The Dukes/Mercs of Mikunn and their allies have 30 systems under their control. Strong enough to tell the Archon Delaine PP faction - "no, you can't expand into our sphere of influence - sorry".

I think Walt's point is that the Mercs are in an impossible position: you can't resist PP advances if you only play the BGS. You have to join an opposition power and undermine your target or join your target and destroy its efforts from within - a tactic about which there is much complaint.

No matter how big or widespread your player group, there is currently no way to resist a Power if it decides your system is an advantageous acquisition.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:50 am

Walter wrote:
Tifu wrote:Just putting this info out there. The Dukes/Mercs of Mikunn and their allies have 30 systems under their control. Strong enough to tell the Archon Delaine PP faction - "no, you can't expand into our sphere of influence - sorry".

I think Walt's point is that the Mercs are in an impossible position: you can't resist PP advances if you only play the BGS. You have to join an opposition power and undermine your target or join your target and destroy its efforts from within - a tactic about which there is much complaint.

No matter how big or widespread your player group, there is currently no way to resist a Power if it decides your system is an advantageous acquisition.

I'm hoping that Freedom-fighter mechanic comes into being soon so that this gap is fixed :|

The Delaine faction is in a precarious position though, they're current in 10th (last) place. And a lot of Imperials are just waiting for the chance to jump down their throats. Any (very) public expansion in Mikunn space is going to attract a lot of unwanted attention to the pirate lord's minions.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:10 am

The Bacon Cats are back in control of Priva :)

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mouse » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Yes Abil has been a great help. Only one station left to take and BGS is being squirrely all of a sudden.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Return to “Diplomatic Affairs”