StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Anaconda build 2.0

Postby StaticRadion » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Telengo wrote:Mobius CZ

The only thing I would change is that I would add cannons, rail guns, or frag cannons to the small slots. Cannons and rail guns do full damage to ship armor and modules no matter the size of the ship so they are your best option for useful equipment in a small hard point, but arguments can be made for the usefulness of frag cannons when you are in a CZ fighting npc ships with armor. My recommendation would be to equip cannons and use them to finish ships and take some of the burden off your PA.

Personally, depending on my mood, I swap the position of my small and medium hardpoints so I have small cannons and medium burst lasers like this, but doing so menas I have to change the cannons to fixed instead of gimballed to stay within power requirements.

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:29 pm

Thanks StaticRadion, I did have Multi Cannons in both medium and small slots but found the small ones hardly fired or hit anything. So I went back to lasers and ditched the small ones completely to save on power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Telengo wrote:Thanks StaticRadion, I did have Multi Cannons in both medium and small slots but found the small ones hardly fired or hit anything. So I went back to lasers and ditched the small ones completely to save on power.

They are not in the best place, but what I was saying is to maybe use them when you have taken a ships power plant down to 0% and they are a sitting duck. In that situation because of their superior armor penitration they have a really good chance of making the power plant pop before you have stripped the hull away. To each his own though. Be safe o7

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:48 pm

No that is a good point, that would work. I will give that a go.

Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”