Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Icpmcp
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Icpmcp
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Anaconda build 2.0

Postby Icpmcp » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:45 pm

so it seems my standard tactic LASOR build from before (topic about the old build) doesn't really want to work anymore.

I'm not too fond of machine guns though because I hate to pay for ammunition but paying for hull repairs every time after a fight isn't really cool too.

Any ideas what I changes I could do to this build to make it viable now ?

Also the build I posted may not reflect the build I have on my Conda ingame right now because I can't access the game currently(I have to redownload it because steam seeing Horizons as a DLC now and I deleted the normal version of E:D)

EDIT: current build can be found here
Last edited by Icpmcp on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Re: Anaconda build 2.0

Postby Jack Dunhill » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:19 pm

This Is my current normal setup for Anaconda. If i need more cargo space i can easily swap some modules for extra space (I dont really do much trading so i don't usually need it)

Now that im fighting in that CZ i have added second A6 shield shell bank and replaced some cargo racks with hull reinforcement packages.

When launching those 2x A6 shield cell banks even with heat sink i get some minor module damage, but they restore almost all of my shields so it's definately worth it. My ship can take some serious punishent and still stay in the fight-

I do use multicanons, but mostly only when i need to recharge my lasers and when i need to do maximum damage to subsystem and in that case i'll fire both multicanons and pulse lasers-

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:23 pm

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:39 pm

Icpmcp wrote:Any ideas what I changes I could do to this build to make it viable now?

EDIT: cureent build can be found here

I guess the real question is how dedicated are you to combat? I am asking because one you don't have any shield cell banks, two you have way more cargo space than anyone would put on a Battle Conda, and three you have turrets dedicated to all slots.

Now Victoria G is the Killer. . . Queen dynamite with a laser beam, but we have a slightly different build style for ships and that is probably because we fly differently. You might have a distinctive style of combat that I am not familiar with and that leads to a few more questions. So do you play in open, private, or solo; how many pips do you have in sys, eng, and wep when you are in combat; do you often dance your power distribution around; how often are you actually on target (facing your target); why do you have electronic countermeasures and a wake scanner; and finally why do you love burst lasers?

Icpmcp
Novice
Novice

Postby Icpmcp » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:17 pm

StaticRadion wrote:I guess the real question is how dedicated are you to combat? I am asking because one you don't have any shield cell banks, two you have way more cargo space than anyone would put on a Battle Conda, and three you have turrets dedicated to all slots.

Shield Cell banks never really helped me. The two times I used them they blew me up so I stopped equipping them. I'm also not really a fan of equipment that I have to reload at a station(one of the reasons why I don't use kinetic weaponry). I have this much cargo space because my ship is more of an allrounder and I did many cargo missions at once back when Horizons wasn't out. Yes I have turrets everywhere so I have time to turn while my guns can still shoot the enemy down :evil:

StaticRadion wrote:Now Victoria G is the Killer. . . Queen dynamite with a laser beam, but we have a slightly different build style for ships and that is probably because we fly differently. You might have a distinctive style of combat that I am not familiar with and that leads to a few more questions. So do you play in open, private, or solo; how many pips do you have in sys, eng, and wep when you are in combat; do you often dance your power distribution around; how often are you actually on target (facing your target); why do you have electronic countermeasures and a wake scanner; and finally why do you love burst lasers?

I play solo mostly, unless I'm grinding rep for the Empire. I often dance my power dist around yes but that is in combat situations most of the time. My playstyle actually allows me to see my enemy most of the time(even if its a small sidewinder) as I go reverse then boost out of it while I turn so hard the ship flips(and then boost again if I have to get closer). I have the ec's because before the 1.5 update for E:D I was in many many cz's and you wouldn't even believe how many rockets where flying in those places. Wake Scanner was for some missions where I had to look where the target went. To the final question: I love them simply because they do everything I want them to do. They do damage, They fire multiple times in a row, They don't get my heat up so fricking fast and don't burn through my weapon power as fast as beam lasers. Pulse lasers are too slow and beam lasers use too much energy and burn my ship so I'm using burst lasers. Also: their sound :D

If you're interested what my other reason to dislike or "hate" kinetic weaponry could be: They are slow and have this thing called travel time. I can't hit with that.

This ship with the setup I posted above is what brought me a billion credits and I think its sad that it doesn't work like that anymore but it was changed for very obvious reasons(a billion in two weeks is pretty fast)

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:58 pm

I have taken a few different approaches to this and tried to work out a few different builds, but what it comes down to is that I can't increase your survivability without changing your equipment. The best advice I can give you is to try out 5A SCB's as they are the largest an Anaconda can equip and use without overheating, but that is only true if your weapons are not running your ships temperature through the roof. On that same note, you really need to get rid of some of those burst lasers in favor of pulse lasers to reduce power consumption and heat. It would also help a lot of you moved away from turrets all together.

Really VictoriaG pointed out the build that most people use now days on RES hunting Anacondas. I would link to one of my builds, but seeing as how I love ammo I think you would be turned off right away. Thing you have to remember at this point is that anything is better than what you are using if you have to repair after every few fights so you should experiment.

firemane
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: firemane

Postby firemane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Post it, please. I'd love to see it. :D

Icpmcp
Novice
Novice

Postby Icpmcp » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:32 pm

StaticRadion wrote:On that same note, you really need to get rid of some of those burst lasers in favor of pulse lasers to reduce power consumption and heat. It would also help a lot of you moved away from turrets all together.

Turrets are the best to stay on target when you are unable to stay at the target though (and pulse lasers are just to slow for me). Swapping everything to burst lasers actually helped power consumption even more XD

StaticRadion wrote:Thing you have to remember at this point is that anything is better than what you are using if you have to repair after every few fights so you should experiment.

It still really takes a lot of fights for me to get actual damage and not just damage to the shields. It's just that killing enemies doesn't feel as effiecient anymore. The feeling of being a destroying Tank (hence the name Lightweight Battleship Exterminator) is just gone for me now and since I'm not really into exploring I'm just grinding rep to maybe get a Cutter in one or two years(ranking is veeeery slow. even in cubeo.) and waste my billion credits on it.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:19 am

firemane wrote:Post it, please. I'd love to see it. :D

Well then let me show you my revised Horizons anaconda that I affectionatly named War 2.0.

Notes:
1. 5A + 4A SCB has about the same mass as and MJ of shields recharged as a 6A, but very different recharge rates, heat, and power consumption. Using the 5A + 4A combo means you are sacrificing 1.34 MJ of power to gain a faster recharge rate and a lower total heat cost.
2. The heat sinks are for when the PA's nuke the ship and the AMFU is for repairing from heat damage.
3. PA's are always primary fire and are used for my opening volley and shots of opportunity.
4. Lasers are for stripping shields, but the turrets are always on and Cannons are for sealing the deal.
5. System pips a la Voice attack Run=4,2,0 Gun=0,2,4 Dash=0,3,3 Duck=0,4,2 Dodge=2,4,0

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:50 pm

This is what I have been using. Only just started to use my Anaconda for anything other than trading, got a bit fed up of her sitting in dock not doing much.

Mobius CZ

Would not mind any comments. Although unlike you guys and girls I can't afford a 8A Power Plant. After the war I wouldn't mind some help regarding trading to get said 8A Power Plant! :D

I moved the PA over from the FDL and stole your idea Jack after fighting alongside you in the CZ. And I do like the big ball of pink death. Hopefully will get a size 4 laser soon enough.

Return to “General Discussion”