Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

I've heard (read) about the crap.

Postby Avago-Earo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:17 am

Yeah, I know about that stuff. Won't say their name. Can't glorify shit.

There aren't good enough in game Group management tools so I think we just have to put up with a few twatts. I think Liam 'Raffers' has done a sterling job so far.

On the subject, I can't afford to lose my ship. If I'm attacked, and I mean definitely being attacked, I will shoot back to defend myself(which is against the ethos of our group, but I will lose everything otherwise). I will keep shadowplay on to prove my innocence. Mobius is PvE but if someone attacks me and it's obviously not a mistake then I will fight them.

Proportionally this is still rare, but I am stating my position.
"Wibble"

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Re: I've heard (read) about the crap.

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:59 am

If you are in that much of a compromised position I would recommend you high wake, quit while in the jump, and log back in on solo mode. It is always better safe than sorry because you never know when one of these twats will have cheat engine or some other piece of crap hack up their sleeves just in case they are in a position to lose.

Stay safe o7

Slick Reed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Slick Reed

Postby Slick Reed » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:18 am

Very sad what happened, the length people will go to just for LOLs

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:42 am

Avago-Earo wrote:Yeah, I know about that stuff. Won't say their name. Can't glorify shit.

There aren't good enough in game Group management tools so I think we just have to put up with a few twatts. I think Liam 'Raffers' has done a sterling job so far.

On the subject, I can't afford to lose my ship. If I'm attacked, and I mean definitely being attacked, I will shoot back to defend myself(which is against the ethos of our group, but I will lose everything otherwise). I will keep shadowplay on to prove my innocence. Mobius is PvE but if someone attacks me and it's obviously not a mistake then I will fight them.

Proportionally this is still rare, but I am stating my position.

I feel I can vouch for Avago, our friend has been around long enough, but what people need to be aware of is this.

if I get a report and a screen shot of the death screen, chances are that the person offering the death screen will be considered the innocent player. there are a good many cmdrs that I would believe that they killed a pvp player in self defence, but this does not go for everyone.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 am

Mobius wrote:I feel I can vouch for Avago, our friend has been around long enough, but what people need to be aware of is this.

If I get a report and a screen shot of the death screen, chances are that the person offering the death screen will be considered the innocent player. There are a good many cmdrs that I would believe that they killed a pvp player in self defence, but this does not go for everyone.

This is the other reason I recommend that people just high wake because he said this and she said that either leaves the matter unresolved or puts pressure on someone else to make an uncomfortable decision.

Lets try to keep the work load of the admins and moderators to a minimums if possible, they have lives and want game time too.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:50 am

High Wake is not always an option, depends how big the difference between the ships is. If you're attacked while flying an Eagle, you may be killed in seconds.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:22 am

I'd have to say I spend about 90% of my time in my own private group with my daily gaming partner. The other 10% is split between the Mobius Group and Ghost Squadron.

I have a habit of shooting first and not asking questions later. So if I am attacked there is a very good chance that I will fight back. Win or Lose it doesn't matter. Someone gets in my face and its right back at them. Of course being ganked is always a danger when dealing with griefers.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:52 am

Black Rose wrote:I have a habit of shooting first and not asking questions later. So if I am attacked there is a very good chance that I will fight back. Win or Lose it doesn't matter. Someone gets in my face and its right back at them. Of course being ganked is always a danger when dealing with griefers.

In a run vs fight scenario I am saying you should just run. I know everyone wants knock a chip off the shoulder of they guys harassing Mobius players, but really denying them the fight they want is how you get them to go away. If you guys engage them in combat or other aggressive actions it open up the group to further attacks and reprisals because regardless of motive or intentions you will be giving them what they want, attention.

Barring the group policy being changed or Mobius himself giving you a pass the rules about combat outside of CZ are really straightforward.
charlie2alpha wrote:High Wake is not always an option, depends how big the difference between the ships is. If you're attacked while flying an Eagle, you may be killed in seconds.

In that situation you have usually lost the option to both run or fight back so I am not sure if it is really relevant. In that case you would maybe hold out long enough to take a screenshot of the offender mid combat if you can, but defiantly take a picture of the black screen that say CMDR XXX has killed you and forward it to an admin.

ThatDamnRanga
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ThatDamnRanga

Postby ThatDamnRanga » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:24 am

StaticRadion wrote:
Black Rose wrote:I have a habit of shooting first and not asking questions later. So if I am attacked there is a very good chance that I will fight back. Win or Lose it doesn't matter. Someone gets in my face and its right back at them. Of course being ganked is always a danger when dealing with griefers.

In a run vs fight scenario I am saying you should just run. I know everyone wants knock a chip off the shoulder of they guys harassing Mobius players, but really denying them the fight they want is how you get them to go away. If you guys engage them in combat or other aggressive actions it open up the group to further attacks and reprisals because regardless of motive or intentions you will be giving them what they want, attention.

Not only that, but fighting players is not like fighting NPCs, and without proper experience and skill, all you'll be doing is giving them some amusement. I've seen some, to be honest, rather amusing 'ideas' about handling the situation. The answer is simple, however, if you're not trained in PvP, and up to date (every update changes the builds and tactics used):

Do:
- Submit to the interidiction, boost away immediately. Preferrably take a screenshot during the interdiction.
- Select the nearest system and hyperdrive (aka high wake) out. You won't get the mass-lock timer, and it is ALWAYS faster than being mass-locked.
- Once you get there, wait out your cool down and drop into normal space, emergency stop if you have to.
- Either log to solo, or jump to another system immediately.
- Report the bad guy to Mobius.

Don't:
- Fight the interdiction, you will almost certainly lose and it'll give you a long cooldown you will most certainly not survive
- Attempt to fight, these guys are not NPCs, they have seen your flying style before, and will likely outfly you. They run fixed weapons, so chaff won't work, and they'll likely out-damage you.
- Run in a straight line, you're giving them an easy shot. Duck and weave, to loops, make them fight to line you up. You're not trying to supercruise, so keep close to them but out of their line of fire or ramming range.
- Combat log (even by logging out to menu). If you're going to die, die with your dignity intact. Combat logging via alt-f4 or pulling the cable is considered by frontier to be cheating, and you risk being punished by Frontier. 'Menu Logging' as it's known will be considered a victory by your opponent, and just makes you look like the bad guy in public view (don't ask... psychology). If you die, and appear to not care, it will wound their pride more than your wallet.
- Post about it on Reddit. All it'll do is create the same sh!tstorm (apologies if my language is not allowed) it always does. This helps nobody.

Oh and a DON'T which deserves capital letters:
- Never, EVER fly without rebuy. You wouldn't drive a flashy car you couldn't pay the insurance on, so don't fly the ship you can't afford to replace. I know it's tempting, but just hold out a little longer!

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:17 pm

ThatDamnRanga wrote:
StaticRadion wrote:

Not only that, but fighting players is not like fighting NPCs, and without proper experience and skill, all you'll be doing is giving them some amusement. I've seen some, to be honest, rather amusing 'ideas' about handling the situation. The answer is simple, however, if you're not trained in PvP, and up to date (every update changes the builds and tactics used):

Do:
- Submit to the interidiction, boost away immediately. Preferrably take a screenshot during the interdiction.
- Select the nearest system and hyperdrive (aka high wake) out. You won't get the mass-lock timer, and it is ALWAYS faster than being mass-locked.
- Once you get there, wait out your cool down and drop into normal space, emergency stop if you have to.
- Either log to solo, or jump to another system immediately.
- Report the bad guy to Mobius.

Don't:
- Fight the interdiction, you will almost certainly lose and it'll give you a long cooldown you will most certainly not survive
- Attempt to fight, these guys are not NPCs, they have seen your flying style before, and will likely outfly you. They run fixed weapons, so chaff won't work, and they'll likely out-damage you.
- Run in a straight line, you're giving them an easy shot. Duck and weave, to loops, make them fight to line you up. You're not trying to supercruise, so keep close to them but out of their line of fire or ramming range.
- Combat log (even by logging out to menu). If you're going to die, die with your dignity intact. Combat logging via alt-f4 or pulling the cable is considered by frontier to be cheating, and you risk being punished by Frontier. 'Menu Logging' as it's known will be considered a victory by your opponent, and just makes you look like the bad guy in public view (don't ask... psychology). If you die, and appear to not care, it will wound their pride more than your wallet.
- Post about it on Reddit. All it'll do is create the same sh!tstorm (apologies if my language is not allowed) it always does. This helps nobody.

Oh and a DON'T which deserves capital letters:
- Never, EVER fly without rebuy. You wouldn't drive a flashy car you couldn't pay the insurance on, so don't fly the ship you can't afford to replace. I know it's tempting, but just hold out a little longer!

I am a veteran PvP'er and pirate from Eve Online. I've probably killed more players than this group combined. But lately I just like to be left alone. I do my thing and you do yours. But you see if we run that makes them want to pursue. Its a game and the simple fact they are here is the whole reason. They want to make people miserable while they get off on misery. I ideal action is to embrace it, love it and be one with it. "Bring it!"

Return to “General Discussion”