Allied Factions - Mutual Cooperation Agreement

Diplomatic and public relations of the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Allied Factions - Mutual Cooperation Agreement

Postby Mouse » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:30 am

Tifu wrote:
Mouse wrote:Bcats are in Priva but sadly weakening.. no matter what we do our Rep goes down *sigh*

I don't wish to speak out of turn being one of the most junior commanders but if the current ongoing war is won - surely there can be some kind of tactical accomodation to help out in some way? imho , the fact that Azrael isn't really that desirable a base worked out in OOM's favor in the end.

The guess is that since Priva is close to multiple powers that it is a good spot for grinding merits out and that is what tanked us but have no way to test it. All I can do is keep doing missions ^,^
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Tifu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Mouse wrote:
Tifu wrote:
Mouse wrote:Bcats are in Priva but sadly weakening.. no matter what we do our Rep goes down *sigh*

I don't wish to speak out of turn being one of the most junior commanders but if the current ongoing war is won - surely there can be some kind of tactical accomodation to help out in some way? imho , the fact that Azrael isn't really that desirable a base worked out in OOM's favor in the end.

The guess is that since Priva is close to multiple powers that it is a good spot for grinding merits out and that is what tanked us but have no way to test it. All I can do is keep doing missions ^,^

Mouse , I did some digging and the news isn't good. Priva has become one of the key pieces in the PP struggle between the Imperium and the Federation. Regaining your old base may be very, very challenging unless the Bacon Cats does a deal with one of the Powerplay factions. Ousting one of the lesser factions in the system to gain a planetary outpost or a secondary base may be more feasible - as long as Imperium doesn't interfere.

https://m.reddit.com/r/EliteWinters/com ... _overhaul/

----------------

CMDR_VMalcolm

4d, 6h

Your response to my post...

Persephonius: "We are attacking federal systems to destabilize kumo crew control :)."

How does destabilizing Kumo Crew control fit into your objective of stabilizing Kumo Crew to limit crimes against Federal citizens?

For your reference, Priva, Calhuacan, and HIP 16607 are ALD control systems that exploit Federal systems. We are interested in allowing those control systems to manage their own interests, which would, in turn, remove Imperial influence from the exploited Federal systems. We would certainly appreciate any assistance you can offer to support those Federal systems and allow us to withdraw our influence from those systems! Can we count on you to support our efforts to withdraw and allow those Federal systems to return to governing themselves?

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:49 pm

There's a lot of discussion about how player factions are inserted and the problems created: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=228470
Looks like the Bacon Cats are victims of a set of circumstances that others are experiencing.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Walter wrote:There's a lot of discussion about how player factions are inserted and the problems created: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=228470
Looks like the Bacon Cats are victims of a set of circumstances that others are experiencing.

Thanks Walter. I just read on the FD boards that the Bacon Cats are going to try and retake their station. Can't blame them - I'd do the same if it was Rafferty's that was lost. No matter what the odds.

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm old and stubborn:p Until the leadership says to move elsewhere, will try ^,^
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:36 am

Mouse wrote:I'm old and stubborn:p Until the leadership says to move elsewhere, will try ^,^

You'll need these then :)

http://8thdragonsquadron.com/general-campaign-guide/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteAntal/com ... _can_help/

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:09 pm

This is an update by @Mouse on the FD Bacon Cats thread on how our allies are faring in Priva :

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3534849

Highlighting some passages :

"Priva Empire Group (Empire) is currently at 51% Recovering from BOOM and pending status is CIVIL UNREST and LOCKDOWN."

- this looks like people have been targeting system authority ships and other ships associated with the Priva Empire group. A Lockdown heightens security at the expense of the economy for the duration it's active. Expect this faction's influence to keep dropping.

- it is in the ALD Power faction's interest to keep an empire aligned minor faction in charge of Priva because it reduces fortification costs by 50% ( since Priva is a control system)

- the Powers most aggressive about using BGS mechanics to advance their Powerplay objectives are the Alliance & Antal. But the Federation also uses it (specially Hudson) and the Feds are trying to cripple ALD in this cycle by doing everything to increase their costs. *If* some opposing power is involved then my bet would be on the Feds.

The Bacon Cats also went through an elections vs another independent group - the Values of Priva. No word yet if they won the elections or if any of the two planetary outposts belonging to the latter faction have flipped.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:18 pm

I just updated Mouse on the fact that ALD actually doesn't want Priva - it's a negative profit CC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteLavigny/c ... p_targets/

Scrap targets are systems a Power wants to get rid off. It was the merit grinders (plus the bug) that did the Bacon Cats in.

Xebeth, ALD doesn't want Dvorsi either (Azrael's CC) - they just can't figure out how to get rid of it.

------

"The following systems would also be good to get rid of, though they do not make good targets since they are usually fortified by grinders:

Ugrivirii
Dvorsi
Arugh
Cockaigne
Rabh
Priva
Phracani
Gende
Guathiti"

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Tifu wrote:I just updated Mouse on the fact that ALD actually doesn't want Priva - it's a negative profit CC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteLavigny/c ... p_targets/

Scrap targets are systems a Power wants to get rid off. It was the merit grinders (plus the bug) that did the Bacon Cats in.

Xebeth, ALD doesn't want Dvorsi either (Azrael's CC) - they just can't figure out how to get rid of it.

------

"The following systems would also be good to get rid of, though they do not make good targets since they are usually fortified by grinders:

Ugrivirii
Dvorsi
Arugh
Cockaigne
Rabh
Priva
Phracani
Gende
Guathiti"

I'm not aware of anyway to get rid of a system in a controlled manner, this is what I don't like about PP, there's actually no real way of controlling what goes on, or you can do is hope to influence it, but with the open approach to the game you are always at the mercy of random people doing random things (the BGS suffers from the same problem, but at least it doesn't pretend to be controlled by the players).
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:06 pm

All can do is plug away. It would be great for ADL to pull back and out of Priva.. and hope no one else wants it. Priva was chosen because it was on the border and a good waypoint for transport of Cubeo Razorback Bacon.

Other factors including PP were not considered in the choice and was our detriment.. but continue to plug away.

Return to “Diplomatic Affairs”