Community Support for the game and it's features
GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Interdiction

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Philip Coutts wrote:Surely when the police drag you out of supercruise they, as professionals, should be able to do it without damaging your ship! The needless repair bills are a pain in the grass!

Imagine that. Having a sod of grass in your cockpit to remind you of your heritage. You have my envy. :x

I bet it's a proper well kept piece of lawn as well. With a little white picket fence maybe?...
Last edited by GlobusDiablo on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Avago-Earo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Philip Coutts wrote:Surely when the police drag you out of supercruise they, as professionals, should be able to do it without damaging your ship! The needless repair bills are a pain in the grass!

At least that aspect of the game can't be viewed as unrealistic
"Wibble"

Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shelleen » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:49 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:I agree. I did post that I wouldn't take it personally if I was attacked because of a mission but I don't even know how these CMDR bounty missions even work. So don't think I'm up for PvP because I'm not and I wouldn't take up on such a mission myself.I'm saying this in case it was my post that raised your concerns. I was worried that I hadn't explained my view very well. I think this discussion has been raised to clear the air so we know where we all stand as it's been reported that an un named Cmdr interdicted another player who's on this forum and up until now this hasn't been discussed. There is no doubt that this is a PvE group it's just that other people who are not on this forum might not consider interdiction as aggressive and therefore think it's ok in PvE. This can then be communicated to non forum group members in the game as 'not in this group please'. I'm sure word will get around. If anyone in group play interdicts me I'll just text them (or voice comms) "No player interdiction in Mobius Group please." If they ask why I'll say "See the Forum" I hope in the final game group details/guidelines can be displayed to make it clear to members and whoever wants to join.

It wasn't your post Avago-Earo as such, that prompted mine, it's something that needs defining absolutely.

I class interdicting as hostile to me and it really, really, winds me up. If a group player did it then I'd ram them and open up the beam lasers without waiting to ask why. You don't need to interdict a fellow Cmdr to say 'hello'. You can target them in SC and do that.

As I stated in my post, I would like to see the Group rules stated categorically as to what is and what isn't
allowed. I can then make my future game playing choices based on that. If there was any way that a group player
saw the rules everytime they clicked on Mobius Group to launch the game that would solve the problem of communication with the player base but as that's not an option I don't know how you make everyone aware of the Group rules.

Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shelleen » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:52 pm

Agree with that! I was once taken down to 93% hull being interdicted by the police. How I didn't open up on him/her I'll never know. I was twitchy for a while.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Shelleen wrote:
Avago-Earo wrote:I agree. I did post that I wouldn't take it personally if I was attacked because of a mission but I don't even know how these CMDR bounty missions even work. So don't think I'm up for PvP because I'm not and I wouldn't take up on such a mission myself.I'm saying this in case it was my post that raised your concerns. I was worried that I hadn't explained my view very well. I think this discussion has been raised to clear the air so we know where we all stand as it's been reported that an un named Cmdr interdicted another player who's on this forum and up until now this hasn't been discussed. There is no doubt that this is a PvE group it's just that other people who are not on this forum might not consider interdiction as aggressive and therefore think it's ok in PvE. This can then be communicated to non forum group members in the game as 'not in this group please'. I'm sure word will get around. If anyone in group play interdicts me I'll just text them (or voice comms) "No player interdiction in Mobius Group please." If they ask why I'll say "See the Forum" I hope in the final game group details/guidelines can be displayed to make it clear to members and whoever wants to join.

It wasn't your post Avago-Earo as such, that prompted mine, it's something that needs defining absolutely.

I class interdicting as hostile to me and it really, really, winds me up. If a group player did it then I'd ram them and open up the beam lasers without waiting to ask why. You don't need to interdict a fellow Cmdr to say 'hello'. You can target them in SC and do that.

As I stated in my post, I would like to see the Group rules stated categorically as to what is and what isn't
allowed. I can then make my future game playing choices based on that. If there was any way that a group player
saw the rules everytime they clicked on Mobius Group to launch the game that would solve the problem of communication with the player base but as that's not an option I don't know how you make everyone aware of the Group rules.

OK. I wasn't sure so I just wanted to make my position clear in case I had put you off thinking players might start going around bothering others. Personally I really want to play in co op. It would be my first ever experience of this kind. Talking to other players in space is what really excites me about Elite: Dangerous.
"Wibble"

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm going to drag this off topic and then tell myself off for doing it!

We need to be very careful here in my opinion. This is a PvE group and as such for me we should have fairly clear cut rules. If you start allowing interdictions as part of a mission where does that stop? Player A stops player B because he wants to stop a cargo delivery. Player B says "nuts to you this is a PvE group you can't fire at me!" There is absolutely nothing Player A can do. My view is it is no PvP except in a warzone (and even that might change). So there is no point in player A trying to fulfil that mission because he can't. If you start saying well okay, a little bit of PvP is okay if it's in a mission it is going to muddy the waters. It also allows people to start shooting other commanders and just say "it's part of a mission!" who can prove otherwise?

My view is we shouldn't be accepting any PvP type missions within this group. That's the whole reason people are joining is it not?

Warzones? That's a different discussion......

Mod hat on
Now Mr Coutts, that was somewhat off topic so back on topic please :P

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Agreed, Coutts.

This group needs clarity first and foremost. These discussions seem to be achieving that.

Back to subject.
"Wibble"

Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shelleen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:17 am

After being interdicted for the umpteenth time tonight I totally lost it with the SA ship doing the interdicting.

I managed to boost and ram an SA Viper and then did it again, I got the message 'Target destroyed' by
Holly and althought it cost me 41% hull it was worth it, so very worth it.

Got interdicted later by an Eagle and did the same. Two hits and kaboom, no more Eagle. Cost me
one ring on my shield generator but no hull damage. Result!

On the last day of Beta I'm going to attack every SA ship interdicting me regardless of how wanted I become ('cos it won't matter :D ). It's a tedious game mechanic that irritates the hell out of me and is coming close to spoiling the game.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”