Horizons 2.0 Beta Pics - Spoilers

Post your fabulous screenshots of Elite: Dangerous here!
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Horizons 2.0 Beta Pics - Spoilers

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:21 pm

smartroad wrote:I am in two minds about the dark side not being actually black.

On one hand the part that wants realism is disappointed by the decision as I kinda looked forward to find things literally in the black :lol: But I also thought that total blackness might go too far and near blackness would be better to see. Afterall it is a game :D

Yeah, I don't fly around blacked out rings in pitch blackness and bump the gamma up to 50-75%, but I prefer the game generally dark. I also think there could be reflected light on some planets, or second suns and etc, so they don't all have to be dark. But what I'd really like is better ship & buggy lights. I'd love ship landing lights that surround the ship and aim down, flooding the entire area with light from a much farther distance. Then you could even leave the lights on when you deploy the buggy. Yup - that works. :D
It's time to give this another go.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
smartroad wrote:I am in two minds about the dark side not being actually black.

On one hand the part that wants realism is disappointed by the decision as I kinda looked forward to find things literally in the black :lol: But I also thought that total blackness might go too far and near blackness would be better to see. Afterall it is a game :D

Yeah, I don't fly around blacked out rings in pitch blackness and bump the gamma up to 50-75%, but I prefer the game generally dark. I also think there could be reflected light on some planets, or second suns and etc, so they don't all have to be dark. But what I'd really like is better ship & buggy lights. I'd love ship landing lights that surround the ship and aim down, flooding the entire area with light from a much farther distance. Then you could even leave the lights on when you deploy the buggy. Yup - that works. :D

Depends a bit on what you fly as well, was tooling around with a couple of other cmdr's the other day, and the lights on my viper MKIV was like a shining a cheap LED torch at the area in comparison to the "let me get my shades out" that was the headlights of the federal dropship :P

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 am

TorTorden wrote:
Yeah I had some light weird after update yesterday, but deleting the GpuWorkTable.xml file in the

Code: Select all

"game folder"\products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64

Has pretty much cleared it up, it's been suprisingly stable and bug light today for me.

Well, tried this and everything here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=204887

No luck so far. Only just below spec, so there may be a few others out there that may struggle on release. Seems more related to GPU processor and memory, but the specs focus on DX11 and quad core 64bit (both of which I have) and just list some graphics card examples

Tldr, I will wait for my new one to arrive
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

peppyuk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Peppy Von Blackmoor

Postby peppyuk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:26 am

Couple from me.

Return to “Screenshots”