Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: The Order of Mobius

Postby Xebeth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:12 am

Mobius wrote:
Loriath wrote:Nice! Sort of like a Phoenix. Lets not refer to it as the Mobius Screaming Chicken, ok? Just putting that out there now, before someone else says it.

:evil:

at least it isn't like some generic skull pirate logo that everyone uses. not naming any particular group as they all lack originality.

final version below.

Mobius, the logo is excellent
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Argonaught
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Obsidian Flint
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Argonaught » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Yesterday I did a couple OOM BB missions to deliver stuff, for the most part I couldn't take most of the missions as they are smuggler ones and I have no idea how to get past being scanned at a station, as soon as I test out stealth mode my ship over heats in moments.

I also noticed that OOM started at %60 influence but dropped to %54 after a bit. Obvious someone is working against OOM but was wondering could it be a non Mobius guy doing it on the open server maybe?

PS: I only do trade missions and have been checking to make sure that trade back to Azrael are going to OOM and not some other faction.

PPS: I had it in my mind that we could select OOM as a faction we were part of but I don't see that option. Just options for the main factions. So saying should I pledge to one of the main ones and if so what one would be best for helping Mobius with?

On another note I need to change my forum name if possible to have my ingame cmdr name shown instead (CMDR Obsidian Flint) would i need to remake an account for that?

I'll repost this in the OOM section, forgot that was open and in use ;)

o7
In Game contact: CMDR Obsidian Flint

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Mobius wrote:
Loriath wrote:Nice! Sort of like a Phoenix. Lets not refer to it as the Mobius Screaming Chicken, ok? Just putting that out there now, before someone else says it.

at least it isn't like some generic skull pirate logo that everyone uses. not naming any particular group as they all lack originality.

final version below.

Kiss Ass.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Sir G.O.
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sir G.O.

Postby Sir G.O. » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Argonaught wrote:Yesterday I did a couple OOM BB missions to deliver stuff, for the most part I couldn't take most of the missions as they are smuggler ones and I have no idea how to get past being scanned at a station, as soon as I test out stealth mode my ship over heats in moments.

I think entering into stations at full speed is more effective than stealth mode.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Xebeth wrote:
Mobius wrote:

final version below.

Kiss Ass.......

you misspelled "Kick" there Kharma ^,^
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Brsingr
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Kalvorx

Postby Brsingr » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:17 am

Mobius wrote:

final version below.

my god...if we could get this ingame i would aply it to all 3 spots on all of my ships ;D

my 4k imgur album (I add to it as I take them per session)

http://imgur.com/a/TxeRq

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:40 am

Sir G.O. wrote:
Argonaught wrote:Yesterday I did a couple OOM BB missions to deliver stuff, for the most part I couldn't take most of the missions as they are smuggler ones and I have no idea how to get past being scanned at a station, as soon as I test out stealth mode my ship over heats in moments.

I think entering into stations at full speed is more effective than stealth mode.

This!!!

I never bother with silent running now either in or out bound. I am fortunate to be using a fast ship (FDL) so that helps. I request permission, line up at about 6k out then fly fast at the slot, keeping the rotation adjusted as I go. I don't use the boost just generous application of the throttle :)

Couple of things....
As you go into the station, if you get scanned it wont count if you can make it through the mail slot before it finishes. I have seen security vessels crash into the station as they try and scan me, most amusing indeed :D

If you do get partially scanned this seems to carry on when you leave so be warned, if you are doing multiple missions and have other cargo that you are taking else where you will most likely get fined as you leave. Also no warning pops up to say scan detected either in this scenario and the scan seems to be much quicker, almost like it has resumed from where it left off, this might be bug.

Watch the pattern of the security vessels, you can easily spot them on the scanner as you are leaving. I generally take off then wait inside the station by the slot and look for a gap in the flight pattern of the ships then exit rapidly. Fly straight away from the mail slot, dont worry about lining up the jump destination unless it is pretty much in front of you, concentrate on getting clear of the scans. Then you can jump once safely away.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:14 am

blazingmaniac wrote:
Sir G.O. wrote:

This!!!

I never bother with silent running now either in or out bound. I am fortunate to be using a fast ship (FDL) so that helps. I request permission, line up at about 6k out then fly fast at the slot, keeping the rotation adjusted as I go. I don't use the boost just generous application of the throttle :)

Couple of things....
As you go into the station, if you get scanned it wont count if you can make it through the mail slot before it finishes. I have seen security vessels crash into the station as they try and scan me, most amusing indeed :D

If you do get partially scanned this seems to carry on when you leave so be warned, if you are doing multiple missions and have other cargo that you are taking else where you will most likely get fined as you leave. Also no warning pops up to say scan detected either in this scenario and the scan seems to be much quicker, almost like it has resumed from where it left off, this might be bug.

Watch the pattern of the security vessels, you can easily spot them on the scanner as you are leaving. I generally take off then wait inside the station by the slot and look for a gap in the flight pattern of the ships then exit rapidly. Fly straight away from the mail slot, dont worry about lining up the jump destination unless it is pretty much in front of you, concentrate on getting clear of the scans. Then you can jump once safely away.

I tend to boost at 6 k then as I hit 3.5k extend landing gear. Only issue I have is lag or just my bad piloting causing me to barely miss the slot and either get tangled in the toaster or bounce off the station.. which hurts..

When leaving.. I will line up and as I get to the slot hit boost and rocket out and through..
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:31 am

Since the last patch though the landing gear thing has changed now though so does that still work? I used to do the same but now as soon as the gear drops the speed decreases immediately iirc ? I guess if you are going fast enough it is going to take time to slow you down anyway.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 am

I tend to use the landing gear as an extra brake.

The 'right' time to hit it depends on the ship & situation, of course ;)

Going to 'stealth' mode does work fine, even in a Python, but you have to turn all the high-heat systems off before engaging - takes balls to hot-slot with no shields!
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Return to “News and Announcements”