Not related at all to the game or group
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

ED goes AC

Postby HAMM3R » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Since AC has taken most of time lately I felt I should add a little Elite flavor to it :lol:

Too bad it doesn't work. Might clock some interesting lap times in SC :mrgreen:

Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Re: ED goes AC

Postby Mobius » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:29 pm

I watched the F1 2012 vid. I gotta say it wasn't very realistic.
They didn't wipe out going into the first turn. ba dum chh :lol:
It's time to give this another go.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:47 am

Mobius wrote:as I got my GTX970 recently I thought I would go through a few old game and add texture packs where I could and view the replays.. <snip>

Nice clips. 8-)

Haven't played Dirt3 since the Windows Live went down with the ability to save your game. Although they're offering the WL free Complete edition at no cost I haven't gotten around to install it. And the new Dirt Rally being available I think I'll just go for that once the WRC bug bites.

I haven't recorded/uploaded much, being lazy and all, but here's an on-board lap clocking my current personal best around the 'green hell' of Nordschleife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZyicQ4lfw
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:41 am

HAMM3R wrote:...I haven't recorded/uploaded much, being lazy and all, but here's an on-board lap clocking my current personal best around the 'green hell' of Nordschleife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZyicQ4lfw

Excellent run! Looked pretty flawless to me. Where does that run fit on the leaderboard?

My personal opinion is that Nordschleife is insanely difficult. I tried a few years back. Was it Gran Turismo? I gave up after a while. The track is throwing curve balls at you constantly for almost seven minutes. I just couldn't take the stress... :)

Nice to see how it is supposed to be done. :)
Last edited by GlobusDiablo on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 am

The Grid Autosport one was excellent. How you held off for a win without being Black Flagged for a missing wheel was cool ;)

Dirt Showdown looks like a lot of fun to me. Checker Cabs FTW! Dirt 3 was Meh for me. And I had to laugh at the Colin Mcrae Dirt 2. You were shifting and I looked down. It was an Automatic and you kept jamming it into Neutral! Made me chuckle.

Hamm3r, good laps. Gran Tourismo on that track caused me a fit or curses and drunken saturdays till I gave up on that game. Ah those were the days.... Not.
:P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:10 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Excellent run! Looked pretty flawless to me. Where does that run fit on the leaderboard?

That time puts me in the 86th place in the world ranking, #1 time with that particular Ferrari being 6:17.XXX.

There were some mistakes in the back section between the first Karussell and Eiskurven. I had spun or ran out quite a few times there so I was playing it safe. Plus a missed downshift. And I was running with pretty much full tank. Without those I think I could've done a second or two faster. That #1 time though, that's just plain insane :shock:

GlobusDiablo wrote:My personal opinion is that Nordschleife is insanely difficult. I tried a few years back. Was it Gran Turismo? I gave up after a while. The track is throwing curve balls at you constantly for almost seven minutes. I just couldn't take the stress... :)

Yeah, it's pretty unforgiving track, you can lose control pretty much anywhere. Maybe even more so in AC since it's laser scanned to a quite high precision so all the little bumps and humps are there.

Can't see it in the video (obviously) but my wheel is pulling and jerking constantly and you really have to work keeping the car on the track. I once tried letting go off the wheel on the back straight and it took about a second before the car shot to the wall :mrgreen:

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:30 pm

HAMM3R wrote:...Can't see it in the video (obviously) but my wheel is pulling and jerking constantly and you really have to work keeping the car on the track. I once tried letting go off the wheel on the back straight and it took about a second before the car shot to the wall :mrgreen:

Ever tried any real life racing?

I read somewhere that AC has support for the Oculus. Seems to me to be the next dimension in first person seated games. I'm quite excited to see what Vive and Oculus can do come release. I would love to fly/drive in VR. :)

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:11 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Ever tried any real life racing?

I read somewhere that AC has support for the Oculus. Seems to me to be the next dimension in first person seated games. I'm quite excited to see what Vive and Oculus can do come release. I would love to fly/drive in VR. :)

Streets are my race track and other drivers my sworn adversaries which I must defeat no matter what :mrgreen: But in an actual race car on an actual race track, unfortunately not.

Indeed it does. I'd really like one, Rift or something else, but the damn things are a bit expensive. Not to mention the resolution isn't exactly stellar yet. Or so I've heard. In the meantime I'll just stick to my TrackIR. But I'm definitely seeing myself getting one some time in the future.

Here's a clip of Nordschleife with Oculus Rift. He's fooling around in the beginning but gets to driving eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pOtKfoHnSk

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:29 pm

HAMM3R wrote:...Here's a clip of Nordschleife with Oculus Rift. He's fooling around in the beginning but gets to driving eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pOtKfoHnSk

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”