Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Do you listen to the music in ED?

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Me too - I've always turned off in-game music before I even play, since I first started PC gaming.

It's either www.morow.com (prog) or my own mp3 collection (17k+ trax, 99.9% rock) for me!
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:06 pm

I wouldn't say I 'listen' to it, but it's there, turned down, and when I do hear it I like what I'm hearing. It's like a movie sound track; I know it's there, but it's often more of a feeling and it's not something I'm concentrating on. I'd say I only really notice it when exploring, and I can't recall anything specific about the sounds or melodies.
It's time to give this another go.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Well I think listening to music while playing, for me anyways, has gone by the wayside now.

Was distracted with ACDC as I got interdicted by a wing, didn't realize they were a wing. Almost died. Then didn't watch my approach to the station properly and came in to Station Space at an angle and almost got fined. Blasted around to get out of range and change my approach. Then went silent on that lined up approach and forgot to get docking permission. Pulled an FAO turn, boosted back out, all the while popping Heat sinks like Haribo's. Got my permission, boosted in, almost hit the back wall. Managed to get myself landed, turned off the Silent running, sat back and took a deep breath.

I gotta turn that stuff off when I am flying. Especially not to play it 4 times louder than the game. :) Oh and All I got was a 400 credit Trespass fine, even though I had 18 illegal tonnes on board.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

dreamreaper
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: dream reaper

Postby dreamreaper » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Loriath wrote:Was distracted with ACDC as I got interdicted by a wing, didn't realize they were a wing. Almost died. Then didn't watch my approach to the station properly and came in to Station Space at an angle and almost got fined. Blasted around to get out of range and change my approach. Then went silent on that lined up approach and forgot to get docking permission. Pulled an FAO turn, boosted back out, all the while popping Heat sinks like Haribo's. Got my permission, boosted in, almost hit the back wall. Managed to get myself landed, turned off the Silent running, sat back and took a deep breath.

That sounds like me and I dont even listen to music while playing. I guess its a good thing I dont!!!! :shock:

anikaiful
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mir Fnar

Postby anikaiful » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Listened back in the days when ED was still brand new experience. Nowadays streaming from web.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:36 pm

The ED soundtrack is really good, and I left it on for about ten weeks before the repetition got to me.

Now I tend to listen to radio 2 or radio 4. I might consider enabling the soundtrack if ever I take on a combat role instead of exploring...

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:37 pm

@Loriath.......

I do hope that was the "Back in black" album......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R

Postby HAMM3R » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:16 am

I've turned the in-game music off (I do that to pretty much all the games) but have Spotify playing in the background lot of the times. I just adjust Spotify's volume so it won't bury the game sounds. Except when killer tunes come up I will crank it UP!
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:24 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:@Loriath.......

That was part of the mix, yes. It also had Problem Child, a few cuts from Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds, and a few live Jems I have picked up like a REAL LONG version of She's Got the Jack. Oh and one particular song that I think is the only hard rock song I know with Bagpipes on the Chorus. :)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:16 am

Loriath wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:@Loriath.......

That was part of the mix, yes. It also had Problem Child, a few cuts from Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds, and a few live Jems I have picked up like a REAL LONG version of She's Got the Jack. Oh and one particular song that I think is the only hard rock song I know with Bagpipes on the Chorus. :)

Love AC/DC
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”