Federation/Hudson Combat Wing - Members Wanted!

Looking for other players in game? Want to tell us where you are in game? Meet here! Ad-hoc wings.
jum45
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: jumelin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Federation/Hudson Combat Wing - Members Wanted!

Postby jum45 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:14 pm

I fly in hudson space and am looking to do stuff,am in the uk though so time zones may be an issue. Currently flying a vulture,so if you see cmdr jumelin around im always willing to get involved.

MayoLuck
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MayoLuck

Postby MayoLuck » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:11 am

Just signed up, been on for few days got a couple of ships, MayoLuck my sn, i play for few hrs a day. Central time zone (TX) on now. Down for whatever, have mining ship, explorer,bounty hunter

kendallg
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: kendallg

Postby kendallg » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:34 pm

Hiya,
I fly mostly in Hudson space, or anywhere near there, bounty hunter, mid to western US time zones. Over the hill (50's) club :shock:
Any aged players looking to wing up? I have a vulture, python, and conda.

munky.D.funky
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Munky.D.Funky

Postby munky.D.funky » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:26 pm

hey been playing playing for about a week now, loving the game however its become obvious the need to fly with wingmen to make sufficient coin. I'm from australia but not much is stopping me from playing U.S times. Callsign - Cmdr Munky.D.Funky, look forward to bounty hunting with you all.

Niccosuave
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Niccosuave

Postby Niccosuave » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Ok, so, here's what I've learned over the last few months. I know this is old news to some. But, I feel a lot of people are missing the importance of some key aspects. Some people haven't even tried gaining merits either. Merits are REALLY easy to get, but you need to do some prep work ahead of time. You need a few things to really optimize your hunting. Doing this right can net me about 1500 merits / hr.. Therefore, gaining 10,000 merits and then keeping them is actually pretty easy. Most importantly, it forms a community.

1. Be sure you log into a huge private group - MOBIUS, for example. The more people in a system (supercruise, specifically), the more NPCs, and the faster your merits climb. This is probably the most important step and one you want to focus on the most. It can make the difference between 300 merits / hr. and 1500 merits / hr. Here's why: When players are in super cruise, the NPCs slowly populate space. At first, there is nothing, then, slowly, there are some targets. If no human players are in supercruise, it's a slow climb. But, IF you are in a system that always has a living human scooting around in supercruise, that system will always be FULL of NPC wings. This is how you will be able to always find back-to-back wings of 3+ as fast as you can interdict, kill, and FSD low wake back into supercruise. If you can't find a system already full of random Mobius players, you may want to split your wing up so that at least one of you is always in supercruise to keep space full. Said another way, if you interdict a target and leave supercruise without a human player (any human) left in supercruise, that instance will end. When you go back into supercruise, the instance will start back up from scratch and you'll have to wait for a while before you find more targets to kill.

2. Wing up with a group filled with people wanting to kill the same targets. The more people you can get, the better. However, if all your wing-mates are pledged to a different power, they won't want to blow up the same stuff and you waste a lot of time. Break up wings into similar power pledges if needed. Also, remember, your wing-mates all collect the merits together; when a wing-mate blows up a guy, you ALL get 30 merits. A mixed wing is best - fast ships and heavy hitting big ships working together. This gets you faster kills, obviously, and it keeps the space crazy away.

3. In a mixed wing, give your most maneuverable or skilled pilot the Interdictor tasks. This person will be able to chase down targets with best results. The rest of the wing, if capable enough, can split up and scan all the other targets flying around. While the Interdictor person is lining up or capturing the target, the rest of the wing forms up on him, enables their nav locks and gets ready to drop together.

4. You want to ambush NPC wings of three or higher. I tend to ignore anything less. IF you are doing step one correctly, there will probably be a wing of three hiding in the crowd all the time.

5. Kill.

6. Profit.

7. Repeat.

I hope you enjoy your new friends and merits.

BTW, I still do this almost every night. Half the time, I bring a few people with me and then sometimes grab more from the Mobius Team Speak. Come join us! Sorry I haven't checked on this thread in a little while. If you are still interested, PM me or just add me as a friend in-game.

Niccosuave
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Niccosuave » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:48 pm

On a side note, when you get your 10,000th merit, wait a week, then take your buddies bounty hunting. With the 100% bounty bonus Hudson gives, I can jump into a HasREZ and net about 15 million credits an hour. Add to that the 50 million you get for your merit salary and you could be in a shiny new [favorite big ship] in a week or two. Also, maintaining the 10,000 merits to continue your new high pay grade only requires half the effort as the first time (you only need to add 5000 merits / week. That means about 4-5 hours of play spread out however you want (an hour or two a night just a few times a week?). I think most average players are close to this amount of play, maybe?)

Zigson
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zigson

Postby Zigson » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:02 pm

This sounds great, can I join up?

Niccosuave
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Niccosuave » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Of course!

Today and tomorrow will be great days for this for me. I'm off and plan on grinding most of the day and an hoir or two after 9pm Mountain Time. Maybe I'll see some of you.

Zigson
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zigson

Postby Zigson » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi, I've been messaging you in game

Niccosuave
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Niccosuave » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:14 am

Oh no! Zigson! I'm sorry. I didn't notice your messages until it was too late. I totally wasn't paying attention. Really sorry about that. Let's try again. We'll have the best luck in the Modius group (more players to populate space), so I'll bring everyone with me if I see you log on again.

Sorry, again. We'll get you in next time, I hope.

Return to “Meeting Point”