Discussions about PowerPlay in general
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Meriting for A L-D ... where?

Postby uvelius » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:38 am

After all Hudson Military Strikes seem to have moves 150+ LYs from A L-D's space, does anyone have recommendations for closer combat opportunities to gain combat merits (minimum 10 per kill) for A L-D? The High Value CZs in A L-D space don't pay out in merits I assume?
It is a pain to cover vast distances in a Vulture ...

For the zones, see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteLavigny/c ... his_cycle/

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Meriting for A L-D ... where?

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 am

uvelius wrote:It is a pain to cover vast distances in a Vulture ...

That is the one thing that I despise about my Vulture. :x :x

You are right that the high value CZ's are for credits, not merits. The closest expansion zone (Crime sweep) to me is HIP 35246. About 90 ly away. I was there yesterday in my Vulture and may head back over there in about 12 hours if you want to wing up. Wings in CS's are pretty good, since the merits are 10 per kill per pilot.

I usually use my Python for undermining, which makes the 120+ly runs to Hudson space more tolerable than in the Viper, but the jump range sucks in that heavy beast. At least I don't have to scoop fuel every 3rd star. :roll:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:02 am

Excellent. I will check out HIP and will look whether I can find you there! This evening (I hope).
but you are right, although I don't like the Python much for fighting, I will go and fetch it ... better than those loooong journeys.

PS currently scooping at almost every single star ... must be a leak somewhere ...

Phreedom
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Phreedom

Postby Phreedom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Beware of HIP 35246. My 1st round of merit earnings in one of the Crime Sweep areas went fine and I earned 450 merits. Took a break, came back on only to find a wing of 3 enemy commanders in the Crime Sweep zone attacking any commander who came in. I was in my Anaconda but had to run since they were in a wing and had at least 1 conda themselves. I entered supercruise to get away then promptly jumped to a nearby system in case they were following. After scooping fuel and scanning that system, I jumped back to HIP 35246 and guess who was waiting for me? They pulled me out of supercruise and I had to run again. I only got one commanders name and it's CMDR DEOVINDICE

Now although they totally suck at making the kill after interdicting, you should be aware of them. I was able to get away again but be warned. This was in Open so my fault for not running in Mobius group. But there were no Mobius group members in the area at the time and I wanted to wing up to earn merits quicker so that's why I decided to play in Open. Greed almost snuffed me out :mrgreen:
Last edited by Phreedom on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home System: Alioth / CMDR Since: Dec 2014-Mercenary Edition PC / Command Center / YouTube

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks for the tip, Phreedom! Glad you got out alive. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Phreedom
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Phreedom

Postby Phreedom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:21 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Thanks for the tip, Phreedom! Glad you got out alive. :)

It was exciting and added a little spice to the day. When they failed a second time I was all like...

Home System: Alioth / CMDR Since: Dec 2014-Mercenary Edition PC / Command Center / YouTube

Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy

Postby Macklroy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:12 am

I'm looking to kit out a DBX or DBS for an interdiction set-up to go undermining in Hudson space. 30merits a kill and a pretty constant stream of targets in Hudson control systems makes for some good merits. Just the jumping out to fed space in my Vulture is becoming a bit of a drag.
If you see me in game I'm almost always game for merit hunting for ALD.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:17 am

I just hop to Huichi every time to kill Kumo Crewe members. 30 merits per kill. It's not so bad with a 15ly jumprange Python, although it is a decent distance from ALD HQ.
ImageImage

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:10 am

Macklroy wrote:I'm looking to kit out a DBX or DBS for an interdiction set-up to go undermining in Hudson space. 30merits a kill and a pretty constant stream of targets in Hudson control systems makes for some good merits. Just the jumping out to fed space in my Vulture is becoming a bit of a drag.
If you see me in game I'm almost always game for merit hunting for ALD.

I feel your pain with the Vulture's travel issues. I *LOVE* my Vulture, but my God it's hell if you need to take it more than about 40-50ly.

Funny timing.... I just built a DBS for undermining on Saturday morning. The travel was great... 24+ly jump range, big fuel tank... nice! Made a 140ly trip in no time at all. But... the trouble I faced was with the amount of time it was taking per kill. Since the DBS has 2 medium and 2 small hard points, I set it up with 2G Beams and 1G multi-cannons. It was taking a while to knock down targets and on several occasions the cops showed up before I was done. It got pretty interesting a few times. The straight up cargo ships were fine, but when I'd get the cobra or adder transport ships they were taking a while (they were also dangerous or elite rank). The DBE would probably do better, with it's larger hardpoints. I haven't tried that yet. For now I'm back to using my Python for undermining. The jump range isn't great, but at least the tank is huge. :)

Skipp wrote:I just hop to Huichi every time to kill Kumo Crewe members. 30 merits per kill. It's not so bad with a 15ly jumprange Python, although it is a decent distance from ALD HQ.

Just a head's up Skipp.... the folks on Reddit have asked us to undermine Hudson at this time.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy

Postby Macklroy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:38 am

Skipp - I could just go to the closest Kumo crew system and farm merits until I hit my weekly cap, but I prefer to help out ALD in the process which usually means traveling to Hudson space and looking for systems that need my help.

JohnLuke - I'm torn between doing a cheap DBS/DBX undermining build and pulling the trigger and finally going for a python. I'm closing in on the 300million cr mark and could outfit her fairly decent. Just love the heavy fighter of the vulture so much hard to imagine going with another combat ship.
Although having the versatility of the python to help the Mobius faction in Azrael is also another draw to the big guy.

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”