Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

10,000 members online Event

Postby Wolf » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:50 am

Thank you to all of the CMDR's that took part in the event,
CMDR: Kevin Reilly took 1st place and wins himself a frontier goody bag.

READ CAREFULLY:

This is what you have to do to succesfully take part in the event race today

• The event starts today, 12h of July at 11am BST, that is UTC+1, in-game time should show 10:00 o'clock.
  • The starting window for racers is 30 minutes from 11:00 to 11:30 (BST) (10:00 to 10:30 UTC)
  • Join our Teamspeak channel, "Sidewinder Rare Rally" to help coordination.
  • You start on your own go, see raceplan below.
  • Be in a Sidewinder
  • Have at least 6 tons of cargo space
  • Fuel scoop highly recommended, you will probably get stranded without one
  • Have the referees on your friends list
    Mobius
    Flip Martin
    Golem XIV
    Big Shot
    Dexter Wolf
  • Be in Mobius group ;)

Start is at Zaonce/Ridley Scott, there you can already buy the first rare good before you start, the Leathery Eggs, but stay docked!

RACEPLAN:
Just follow the list to race! Fly from station to station as outlined below and good luck to all!
The route how to get to the stations is entirely up to you.
Hail any of the Refs (except Golem, he is available for refuel only) via in-game chat, in-game comms, or TeamSpeak with a meaningful message that you are about to start.

1. Being docked at Zaonce/Ridley Scott, buy the Leathery Eggs
  2. Take screenshot of commodities market (This is your official starting time)
  3. Buy Lavian Brandy, Lave/Lave Station
  4. Take screenshot of commodities market!
  5. Buy Leestian Evil Juice, Leesti/George Lucas
  6. Take screenshot of commodities market!
  7. Buy Diso Ma Corn, Diso/Shifnalport
  8. Take screenshot of commodities market!
  9. Buy Orrerian Vicious Brew, Orrere/Sharon Lee Free Market
  10. Take screenshot of commodities market!
  11. Buy Uszaian Tree Grub, UsZaa/Guest Installation
  12. Take screenshot of commodities market!
  13. Fly to Witchhaul/Hornby Terminal
  14. Take screenshot of commodities market!
  15. Sell all your cargo.
  16. Take screenshot of commodities market! (This is your official finish time)

If you ever get stranded, you can hail Golem if you like and he will come and transfer some fuel to you.

After the race convert your screenshots to PNG (preferred) or JPG and upload them to the cloud and send us the link,
or send them directly via mail. You can put them in a ZIP archive.

No matter which method you chose, the mail has to go to all three:
mobius@elitepve.com
wolf@elitepve.com
flip@elitepve.com

You have 30 minutes after you finish to send us the images.

We will stop accepting images at 2pm BST, everything after that will be ignored.

Good luck to all!

Hello Commanders,

The Mobius ElitePvE group has passed the 10,000 member mark!
We thought it would be nice to have a series of events to celebrate this very special occasion.

we will kick off the celebration on
Sunday, 12th of July at 11am BST (UTC+1)
with a little "racing" event.
(Approx. racing time for one participant less than 1h.)

I am very happy to announce FireyToad (http://www.twitch.tv/fireytoad) has agreed to take part in the event as special guest and stream it live on his channel for those who cannot take part but would like to watch. The honour he is giving us by doing so is even greater, as he usually has sunday off and chose to make an exception for us! A big thank you to FireyToad for that!

The rally will take place in the Mobius group (obviously ;) ), the start is Zaonce/Ridley Scott, the finish will be annonced before the event.

There are 5 Referees, who you will have to add to your friends list before the event. Their Commander names are these:

Mobius
Flip Martin
Golem XIV
Big Shot
Dexter Wolf

There are even some prizes to win!
Frontier Developments has kindly provided us with an Elite: Dangerous Goodie Bag (Pen, collection of faction mugs and pin badges, and t-shirt) to give to the lucky winner!

If FireyToad wins, he will pass on the prize to one of his viewers!

But that is not all: You will have to do it in a Sidewinder! :D

And you need some cargo space!

Further Rules:

The starting window will be from 11:00am to 11:30am. Don't forget to add the refs to your friends list before starting!

To prove your times you will have to make a screenshot of the commodities market at all port stops after aquiring the needed cargo and at the finishing port before AND after you sell your cargo again.
Your starting time would be the screenshot of the first commodities market in Zaonce.
The commodities market has the time and the station name displayed among other Information identifying you and your ship.

All screenshots will be screened for photoshop editing, to ensure that no one attempts to edit their screen shots.
We will be able to detect such imperfextions!

Screenshots will be have to be uploaded to the cloud or emailed directly to the referees (or admin@elitepve.com) within 20 mins of finishing the rally, contestants missing the deadline will be excluded from the competition. In the case of a clous upload the link has to be emailed or PM'd to the admins of http://elitepve.com. This is to ensure that we can find out who won and to ensure that no cheating has taken place.

We have put together a possible loadout on http://edshipyard.com to show you what you might have to do. This loadout costs: CR 195.176 if you buy it from scratch, icnlcuding the ship. So the actual price is lower if you trade in or just mod your sidey. We are aware that this is not possible with a brand new commander, but the price is reasonably low.
A fuel scoop is highly recommended, the probability to get stranded is very high without one, so no shields this time around ;)
The framshift drive could be lower grade but class A is better, of course. You can choose whatever loadout you like, as long as you can carry at least 6 tons of cargo and are able to deliver them at the finish line.

Code: Select all

[Sidewinder]

BH: 1I Lightweight Alloy
RB: 2D Power Plant
TM: 2D Thrusters
FH: 2A Frame Shift Drive
EC: 1D Life Support
PC: 1D Power Distributor
SS: 1D Sensors
FS: 1C Fuel Tank (Capacity: 2)

2: 2D Fuel Scoop
2: 2E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 4)
1: 1E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 2)

Different events will be held during the coming week, as 10,000 members is worthy of more than just one race!

Fly safe, commanders!

Wolf

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Re: 10,000 members online Event

Postby clivewil » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:19 am

with a max of 32 players per instance, this is going to involve several simultaneous instances, yes? is there any way of guaranteeing one ref per instance? or we might not all know when to start, or who crossed the line first
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:20 am

Humm.... very interesting! 11:00 BST is 3:00 AM for me.... which actually works quite well. :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:27 am

clivewil wrote:with a max of 32 players per instance, this is going to involve several simultaneous instances, yes? is there any way of guaranteeing one ref per instance? or we might not all know when to start, or who crossed the line first

Very likely. We will do our very best to be fair. Also it would be nice to have more volunteers to be referees to capture that.

The friends list should help the instancing. And then again, I do not expect hundreds of participants. We can also extend the starting window if necessary.

Also, one possibility is, to wing up with one of the referees before arriving at the referees location and then leave the wing to make place for the next participant. We will have to coordinate that via TeamSpeak, I would suggest.

The best part is, as long as official referees are there the event can go on, even if one round should not even take an hour. :)

The stream of FireyToad will just be one run, but who tells us to stop playing after? ;)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:42 pm

clivewil wrote:with a max of 32 players per instance, this is going to involve several simultaneous instances, yes? is there any way of guaranteeing one ref per instance? or we might not all know when to start, or who crossed the line first

Unless we have the ref's directly hooked into FD's servers via some backend option I can't see that as possible in the slightest.
As for choregraphing, best option I can say is get everyone on teamspeak, you dont need a mic to hear the word 'GO!'

Twitch could be an option, but in my experience a live stream has at the least a 30 second delay, if not three times that.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:09 pm

TorTorden wrote:

Unless we have the ref's directly hooked into FD's servers via some backend option I can't see that as possible in the slightest.
As for choregraphing, best option I can say is get everyone on teamspeak, you dont need a mic to hear the word 'GO!'

Twitch could be an option, but in my experience a live stream has at the least a 30 second delay, if not three times that.

Oh, not everyone has to start at the exact same time. Thats why I wrote a time window. The refs will record the starting time.
And yes, TeamSpeak will help a lot.

Edit: Looks like i didn't write time-window, oops. Was in one of the drafts :oops:
We will make it a time window, so for example 11 to 11:30 or longer if needed. And then we take start and finish time and see who was fastest.
Sorry for the mix-up

Wolf

TomoRosso

Postby TomoRosso » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:02 pm

Race + dock/collect cargo + need for low-mass ships = collisions and explosions in the letterbox :D Should be a blast to watch.

:roll: Now how can I disguise my Asp to look like a sidey :D *takes hacksaw to Asp tail fins* .... yeah that should do it.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

I think the best way to do this is to obviously keep the number of player taking part limited to x amount per race, if we have 4 refs then we can have 12 racers. each ref will wing up with 3 racers in a ship with a greater jump range, the ref confirms at the start of the race an empty cargo, then the ref jumps ahead to the next port to await the racers first pick up and scans to confirm no cheating is going on, this happens at each port confirming that cargo has not been picked up on route. at the end the refs can all meet at the finishing post to allow the racers to join the same instance.

on a side note im don't think 32 player instances are in effect, I think its 16 but I could be wrong.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Absolutely awesome, that idea! I can see burning ships in front of the ... maybe not Pleiades this time, but then, the ships are not that big either, so ... scrap it, let's RUN FOR IT!!
Great idea. I hope I can get my family giving me an hour for that! Lunchtime and sunday and summer, you know ...

Gogogoooo

Golem
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Cmdr GolemXIV
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Golem » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:18 pm

I suggest to take a Fuelscoop with you :D

If you have strandet in space, i will use my Anaconda as a Tanker! I sit in Teamspeak, call me if you need fuel ;)

Return to “News and Announcements”