JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Trade wing bonus bug

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi guys,

I've only done trade wings a couple of times, and ran across an issue today. My wingman and I could see each other at station #1 on our sensors, we were in wing (blue hollow box on sensor for each of our ships), and did a short 20ly hop to station #2. I asked my wingman to wait outside of the station for me, because I've heard that we both need to be nearby to collect the 5% bonus. He was just outside of the station and saw me come out of SC, but then my ship disappeared from his sensor. I didn't see him on mine either. We both exited the wing, and I reestablished it. We still couldn't see each other's ships and when we sold our cargo neither of us got the 5% bonus. What can I do next time to get us synced up so that we get the bonus? Or better yet.... how can we avoid this from happening at all?

I've done a fair amount of BH in wing and never had this problem, but you aren't jumping from system to system either.

TIA for any tips you can suggest!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Trade wing bonus bug

Postby Grifs » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:08 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Hi guys,

I've only done trade wings a couple of times, and ran across an issue today. My wingman and I could see each other at station #1 on our sensors, we were in wing (blue hollow box on sensor for each of our ships), and did a short 20ly hop to station #2. I asked my wingman to wait outside of the station for me, because I've heard that we both need to be nearby to collect the 5% bonus. He was just outside of the station and saw me come out of SC, but then my ship disappeared from his sensor. I didn't see him on mine either. We both exited the wing, and I reestablished it. We still couldn't see each other's ships and when we sold our cargo neither of us got the 5% bonus. What can I do next time to get us synced up so that we get the bonus? Or better yet.... how can we avoid this from happening at all?

I've done a fair amount of BH in wing and never had this problem, but you aren't jumping from system to system either.

TIA for any tips you can suggest!

I'm facing the same problem with a friend as well. He has NAT issues, so that might also be the reason why you two couldn't see other. I'm not sure if port-forwarding would work either.

Despite that, we could still get our trade bonds if we sold our cargo on the same station. Whenever we would meet at the same instance though, he disappears and I couldn't send messages or wing invitations at that point.

Is this the kind of bug you're having? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=154390
Last edited by Grifs on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Grifs, but our situation was a little different. We could communicate just fine through wing chat, and we were at the same station selling goods at the same time, but no bonuses.

I am wondering that if we had used nav lock, it would have put us in the same instance. Has anyone tried nav lock with trade wings and not had this bug?
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:32 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Thanks for the reply Grifs, but our situation was a little different. We could communicate just fine through wing chat, and we were at the same station selling goods at the same time, but no bonuses.

I am wondering that if we had used nav lock, it would have put us in the same instance. Has anyone tried nav lock with trade wings and not had this bug?

Hi guys, myself and another CMDR did a few rare runs together and netted the bonus, but I always used the nav lock system.
Haven't done this since 1.3 though..so unsure if it is a new bug.
Cheers.
Dudley.
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Dudley wrote:Hi guys, myself and another CMDR did a few rare runs together and netted the bonus, but I always used the nav lock system.
Haven't done this since 1.3 though..so unsure if it is a new bug.
Cheers.
Dudley.

Thanks Dudley! I think using nav lock might do the trick. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Victoria and I got the same problem a couple of times today. What happens is that you're not in the same instance as your wingmate.

One way to work around it is that one of you go back to supercruise and then back to the station. Another is that one exits to the main menu and logs back in. Just resetting the wing doesn't work because you already are in different instances.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Flip wrote:Victoria and I got the same problem a couple of times today. What happens is that you're not in the same instance as your wingmate.

One way to work around it is that one of you go back to supercruise and then back to the station. Another is that one exits to the main menu and logs back in. Just resetting the wing doesn't work because you already are in different instances.

Thanks Flip! Now I know what to do next time it happens. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DruiD
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: -=DruiD=-

Postby DruiD » Mon May 02, 2016 12:54 am

Yep .. if your mate was outside the station, drop into SC and use the Navlock to drop back into the station and your instance.

KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED

Postby KLED » Mon May 02, 2016 1:53 am

I was trading with thebs last week, I used navlock to follow him around and we got the bonuses as normal. At least I did, I assume he did too because he didn't say anything about it.

Return to “Trader Talk”