Discussions about PowerPlay in general
clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: So far with Power Play

Postby clivewil » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:14 am

some things new and interesting, some things now slower or harder to use, some things broken...
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:25 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Then I decided to visit the high intensity RES at Fusang 2 (the one at Fusang 3 was dark). Immediately upon dropping in, I got a wanted Python. Then another.... and another. Yes, three pythons litterally back to back. They were not in wing (hardly any other ships on my sensor at all), and there wasn't a security service ship anywhere in sight. It was straight up one-on-one fighting. Two were novice and one expert. Then after a couple of minutes a Dropship spawned, then another Python, and a Clipper that almost killed me. I don't know why, but I have a hell of a time killing clippers. I had to run back to the station with 30% hull and a cracked canopy after some intense fighting (BTW, the clipper won). Oh.... and each ship paid around $80-100k.

I've had some good spawns where some bigger ships spawned then eventually the spawn died, I've yet to find one like I used to prior to 1.3.

IMO, we were all making way too much $$$ by bounty "farming" in RES in version 1.2, and it's been corrected to a more balanced level now. I mean honestly .... why should you be able to make $1-2 million per hour cruising around a RES having fun shooting ships? It was great while it lasted, and now I still enjoy BH but with different expectations.

As far as how much we were making before, I don't actually think this is more balanced. Maybe making RES the bounty hunting zone didn't make much sense but I still think they need to provide a way to make the same amount as we were before, and more consistently... not less. Look at traders and the amount they make, and they aren't taking half the risks a combat ship would be taking. They don't have to buy ammo, do repairs (non-integrity), so why does it make sense that BH make less when it costs more to do? Hell many don't even carry guns or shields and fit their ships as cheaply/lightly as possible.

If I want to know that I'll make $1-2mil per hour, I'll jump in my T-7 and transport some freight. (I usually do that about 1/2 of my gaming time anyway)

See, this is my issue... I don't like trading. People are reporting now that they're pulling in a lot more than 1-2 mill per hour, so trade was buffed even more with 1.3 while BH was nerfed. I certainly am glad I managed to accrue the money I have up till now otherwise I would have stopped playing through boredom.

Realistically trade would make more, but reality doesn't equal fun in a game. I'm hoping I can find a replacement to my income in 1.2 that doesn't include removing my guns for cargo.

PulsarShark
Novice
Novice
CMDR: PulsarShark

Postby PulsarShark » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:07 pm

You guys looking for good RESes may want to try Ra; I had an hour or two there the other night make me over 1mil, although that was partly because there are currently **Federation and Empire reps BOTH on the same station/s** so you can collect both sets of bounties in the same spot :D

stummies
Competent
Competent

Postby stummies » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:44 pm

I may give Ra a shot, though it's on the far end of where I am right now. I moved my stuff up closer to the primary system for my PP faction so I don't have to jump as far to pick up the timed cargo stuff.

I've even been eyeing missions but I'm reading mixed results and people reporting a net loss of income due to integrity costs with interdiction... sigh.

stummies
Competent
Competent

Postby stummies » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Ok, I think I've figured things out. If you're looking to do combat PP you need to click through each of the other powers, and check their control, expansion, and prep, and see what it literally says you need to do to counter the other power. For example I'm aligned with L-Duval, I flew to Alioth (have a permit) which was a control system for the Alliance power. According to the power play menu I needed to blow up alliance bureaucrats. Went there, found these ships in SC, interdicted, blew them up.... 5k bounty BUT I also recieved 15 PP points. I repeated this until I gained around 200 PP points (took about an hour) then left the system. Bounty only stays for the system in question, once I left it I am no longer wanted. I've been scanned by stations, at RES and as long as I'm not in a wanted system I am fine.

There are several other combat oriented tasks that can be done, but most are trade. I think Hudson has 2 combat related options I can do. All in all it was fun, even if I now have a 60k bounty in a system 200+LY from me it costing me a bit of credits for repairs. The costs though will eventually get to me if they don't fix BH.

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”