Lets talk about gaining reputation with the Empire

Postby StaticRadion » Mon May 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Original Post-
► Show Spoiler

Reason for Thread Resurrection-
► Show Spoiler

Goal:Reach Baron or Viscount in a day!
Requirements: Type-6 or better ship and jump range over 12.7 Ly laden
Recommended: Python, Trailblazer or Pathfinder Exploration rank, Merchant or Broker Trade rank, and a few mill to burn.
Disclamer: Guide has only been tested three times and that was before the changes to the missions system. This guide may be less effective for those with low trade and exploration rank.

The Trade Route:
The Main Route for large landing pads is in orange with the optimal route adding a stop in Hercuni. Personally I would not neglect Hercuni because they have 3 factions dedicated to the empire and a lot of missions. Kamocan and Indrachit have more than one large station that is close to the main star.

An optimal route would bePunatati->Agarla->Kamocan->Indrachit->Kamocan->Hercuni->Indrachit. it is faster to jump back and forth between the systems than it is to fly in system between stations. You should be able to find something to trade between each station even though it will be for minimal credits.The real goal is to complete trade, smuggling, and delivery missions between the systems.

Things to Remember:DO NOT ACCEPT MISSIONS FROM NON EMPIRE FACTIONS!Some of the systems have stations in the far distance, don't take delivery missions to those stations. Don't take missions if you don't have time to complete them. Negative reputation builds faster than positive so don't fail missions. Don't make jumps between stations without a full cargo hold because trading will raise your rep too.

List of Factions by System:
Punatati: Law Party of Punatati, LTT 9577 Central Company, Punatati Purple Transportation, Punatati Order
Agarla: Agarla Patron's Principles, Agarla Citizens' Forum
Kamocan: Kamocan Empire Pact, Kamocan Purple Universal Corp.
Indrachit: Indrachit Empire Consulate, Indrachit Partners
Hercuni: Indrachit Empire Consulate, Hercuni First, Kamocan Purple Universal Corp.

Why you should not skip Hercuni
► Show Spoiler

Examples of a few completed missions from back when I was actively running this route for rep.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by StaticRadion on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Empire Reputation

Postby Feldspar » Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Hmmm, not very long, but I can't recall exactly.

I think the current perceived wisdom in gaining rank is to grind missions and rep with an affiliated faction, do the rank mission and then move on to another affiliated faction. There's a guide here :https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=102810 , I'm not sure how up to date it is (although I don't believe there have been any major changes to that side of the game yet).

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Mon May 11, 2015 4:49 pm

I am talking about a direct guide including an exact location comprised of five systems all within 14 Ly of each other that don't share many factions maximizing rep. Did I mention that 4 of the 5 have different economies making the delivery and trade missions easy and quick to complete?

I may end up making the guide regardless due to a few requests outside of Elite PVE but seeing as I suffered a major loss in game a few hours ago I figured I would see if I could get some people to help finance its creation with in game currency.

I was also thinking that because of the new ship requiring reputation with the Empire was coming out soon and that Power Play will be changing faction rep or at least how you are rewarded for it that the guide may be more valuable then it was when I initially made my discovery a month or so ago.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon May 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Personally, I went from No Ranking, to Squire in about 5 hours of play, doing trade and hauling missions on the boards. Then I got sidetracked with a good trade route, but when I came back to it, I went to Baron in about 2 days playing a couple of hours a night of Board Missions, and Bounty Hunting in my Vulture..

Since then, I have made Viscount doing Missions.

Then after doing the HR 706 Community Goal (Top 40%), and the Quivira Community Goal (Top 5%) in support of Patreus, I was bored, jumped in my Eagle and did those Data/small Haul missions again. About 20 missions later and I ranked up after removing General Lee. So I am a Count now.

I would like to think that if I just did the board missions, it would have been somewhere around 40-50 before I saw that.

Dates:
April 17 Made Baron
April 27 Viscount
May 10 Count

I don't have the dates for the previous rank ups. (I am using Inara to track these things now. See the Tools Button at the top of the page)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Mon May 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Loriath

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon May 11, 2015 9:23 pm

No problem.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Cmdr Ant Kingsmill
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antony Kingsmill

Postby Cmdr Ant Kingsmill » Mon May 11, 2015 10:16 pm

It took me several weeks playing a couple of hours most evenings, with a few other distractions in game going on. There is a random element involved but keep going for the missions and handing in bounties to Empire controlling factions. I also found it more productive to keep moving from one area of Empire space to another after completing each rank.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Tue May 12, 2015 4:55 am

Thanks for the input Ant Kingsmill

Arda
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Seantier

Re: Lets talk about gaining reputation with the Empire

Postby Arda » Sat May 16, 2015 10:07 am

It took me a week to get to baron. Then another week to get to Count. I only did faction mission in and around Laedla.
Lots of minor empire factions giving out missions (2 at each station is normal, but also a lot of stations with 3). Most of the systems is close by and you can do normal trading while doing it.

I only did this to get my clipper (started with a T7) and also to get top rank for Empire.
From baron (when I got my clipper) to count it took my one week as mention earlier- and at Count I bought my decked out python trader.
That went fast in my opinion.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Re: Lets talk about gaining reputation with the Empire

Postby StaticRadion » Sat May 16, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks for the info Arda.

Return to “General Discussion”