Viper loadout and ED:Shipyard power figures?

Bounty Hunter Bunch
Tord Hoppe
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tord Hoppe
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Viper loadout and ED:Shipyard power figures?

Postby Tord Hoppe » Wed May 06, 2015 11:18 am

Greetings! Two things,

1. Your thoughts about this loadout for RES BH? http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60M,5Rr5R ... O7Pc9qc2Uc
The idea is to be laser heavy to reduce time spent on re-loading.

2. Does the power usage figures in the Shipyard match "reality"? There are items in the in-game module manager that aren´t shown in the Shipyard, i.e. cargo hatch. I´ve tried to design the Viper to have just under 100% power usage with FS drive and FSD Interdictor turned off, but I´m not sure that this matches the power usage in-game?

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Viper loadout and ED:Shipyard power figures?

Postby de Carabas » Wed May 06, 2015 11:41 am

Tord Hoppe wrote:Greetings! Two things,
1. Your thoughts about this loadout for RES BH? http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60M,5Rr5R ... O7Pc9qc2Uc
The idea is to be laser heavy to reduce time spent on re-loading.

If you are just using the ship for RES Bounty hunting then personally I would go with Gimballed beams as the larger weapons and then cannons for the smaller. If you have the beams then you'll need to reload less because they melt whatever is in your way BUT if they do need to cool down you have the cannons to keep the pressure on. You could offset the the extra power needed by getting rid of components you don't need (Interdictor, basic scanner) and reducing the rating of others (FSD) . You will need to play with your module priorities though so have that cargo hatch on low and also the FSD (as you need to store the weapons to use it anyway).

Tord Hoppe wrote:2. Does the power usage figures in the Shipyard match "reality"? There are items in the in-game module manager that aren´t shown in the Shipyard, i.e. cargo hatch. I´ve tried to design the Viper to have just under 100% power usage with FS drive and FSD Interdictor turned off, but I´m not sure that this matches the power usage in-game?

Not sure if it's 100% but certainly very close. You can see in edshipyard that there is an entry for the cargo hatch near the top that includes the power it needs. Only way to know for sure is to try it :D
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Cmdr Ant Kingsmill
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antony Kingsmill

Postby Cmdr Ant Kingsmill » Wed May 06, 2015 11:48 am

Looks pretty good... I often use my Viper in Res sites, it's fast and difficult to hit. I'd go for 2 x beams, 2 x multi-cannon to keep down heat and power use, but it's personal preference... can understand wanting to avoid re-arming. I also have a heat sink launcher instead of a chaff. I think the Viper is too fast for chaffs to be much use and I find the heat sink launcher handy for several things.

Might be worth taking the sensors up a grade or two to spot some of the distant targets at the res site. If I was mostly operating at res sites also drop the frame shift interdictor and basic discovery scanner in favour of auto maintenance unit or hull reinforcements. Just my 2 pence worth :)

Tord Hoppe
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Tord Hoppe » Wed May 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Oh, totally missed the Cargo hatch there!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I may not go pure RES spec, i.e. keep the interdictor. Good points about replacing the disco scanner with something else. Always interesting to hear other points of view :D

Last(?) question (which I can figure out once I get to playing); do we "loose" money when switching hardware or is that only when selling a ship?

Banjax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Banjax

Postby Banjax » Wed May 06, 2015 12:57 pm

for the moment you only lose money on ships, and if I might. try gambled C2 burst instead of beams (with multi cannons in the C1 slot.) You'll have longer to fire and less heat issues to worry about for near enough the same damage potential.

Tord Hoppe
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Tord Hoppe » Wed May 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Banjax, you sure about those C2 Bursts? None available in Shipyard, only C1s.

Banjax
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Banjax » Wed May 06, 2015 1:56 pm

They're rare as hens teeth same as the C3 bursts i use.

EDIT wow ok maybe not, I'm pretty sure there used to be c2 bursts in beta.

When I used to fly a viper I used 2c1 gimbled burst and 2 C2 multis, I know that gets away from your not wanting to reload, but it sure did pack a wallop at a good cost effective price on ammo.

here how does this look to you, it's on the edge but it will F things up :D

http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60M,7u57u54wt4wt01Q3wo,314s4s4s3m4s5K3c,7fi7Pc9qI2Uc

Ozzy81
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ozzy81

Postby Ozzy81 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Banjax wrote:They're rare as hens teeth same as the C3 bursts i use.

EDIT wow ok maybe not, I'm pretty sure there used to be c2 bursts in beta.

FD admitted they overlooked C2 bursts as there are currently none in game. I guess we might see them in 1.3.

Banjax
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Banjax » Wed May 06, 2015 5:20 pm

hopefully along with C3 multis again.

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”