Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Your "senior" moment(s)?

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Oh yes...

Forgetting to click 'Submit' in the commodity market, traveling to my destination and then staring at an empty hold.

Forgetting I haven't selected a destination and then chasing the station in circles thinking it's the next system I'm trying to align to.

Forgetting to zero the throttle on jumping then looking up to see nothing but orange and red flashing lights.

Seeing a target in the contacts panel with a bounty on them and then forgetting to let the scanner finish before opening fire.

Forgetting to raise the landing gear and then wondering why I'm going so slowly

Crocs Mammoths for all round comfort and practicality
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby clivewil » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 am

searching for USSs in order to complete a mission. zoning out and about 20 of them pass me before i come back to life and realise they were exactly what i was looking for

*in my defence, it was 4am
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Crimsonknight3
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Crimsonknight3

Postby Crimsonknight3 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:17 am

Xebeth wrote:Oh yes...

Forgetting to click 'Submit' in the commodity market, traveling to my destination and then staring at an empty hold.

Forgetting I haven't selected a destination and then chasing the station in circles thinking it's the next system I'm trying to align to.

Forgetting to zero the throttle on jumping then looking up to see nothing but orange and red flashing lights.

Seeing a target in the contacts panel with a bounty on them and then forgetting to let the scanner finish before opening fire.

I have done EVERY single one of those!! but my usual "Senior" moments are either forgetting to request permission to dock, then getting through the blue force field before realising and having to punch it into reverse hoping there is no-one behind me,

Another is acidentally hitting boost inside a space station when you are just taking off from one of the docks nearer the entrance and smacking into the side of the station in a big fiery ball of "OH FOR F*** SAKE!!!"

KleinerFisch
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Pisciculus

Postby KleinerFisch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:38 am

Most recent one was doing a mission to scoop up 1 military plan ... after checking dozens of USS I finally found the right instance, had 4 of them so I scooped them all up and returned to the outpost, handing in. Took a new mission, to kill priates, so I undocked and headed for the closest RES. First ship on radar was a cop, scanned me and fined me for illegal cargo ... dang, forgot to sell the leftover military plans on blackmarket.

► Show Spoiler

Fine took all the profit from the plans mission, 1 hour of work "for the fun of it" :P
You sure have bigger fish to fry ...

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:50 pm

IF IRC, the advantage of having senior moments is that you don't always remember them.

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:41 am

Xebeth wrote:Oh yes...

I think I've done all of those (except the Crocs, thankfully).

To add one:
Yesterday I was bounty hunting at an RES, and accidentally hit one of the local constabulary with a shot. As soon as my screen said "wanted", I put the hardpoints away, boosted out of the RES, then jumped to the next system to clear my name at an outpost.

I dock, claim some bounties, then decide to take some palladium back to the other system with me, to make some cash out of this unplanned trip. After that, undock, and jump back to the original system with only a few minutes wasted.

I start scooping fuel, then ask myself "why does my screen still say I'm wanted?"

That's what happens when you do everything but pay off your bounty at the other station. :?
Jameson & Son are my copilots

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Xebeth wrote:...Forgetting I haven't selected a destination and then chasing the station in circles thinking it's the next system I'm trying to align to....

More often than I care to admit.

As I'm playing this game while sitting in my recliner, I find my self nodding off during hyperspace jumps and waking up with a jolt and a slight dribble as a giant star crashes into view. Thank heavens for heat sinks. :)
Last edited by GlobusDiablo on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:41 pm

It took me some time to adjust from my gamepad to HOTAS and I kept accidentally hitting the boost button instead of the vertical descend button. So as soon as I was close to landing and getting the ping and just wanted to coast down, I'd suddenly boost off the platform or into a tower/wall. Thankfully, I'm used to it now and haven't had that senior moment in a while!
CMDR Emanon

Hicky
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Hickinbotham

Postby Hicky » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:46 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:As I'm playing this game while sitting in my recliner, I find my self nodding of during hyperspace jumps and waking up with a jolt and a slight dribble as a giant star crashes into view. Thank heavens for heat sinks. :)

Lately I find that I nod off while in SC. I blame the hypnotic sounds you hear while going from A to B. Nothing to do with being old and needing to nap every five minutes. :D

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:46 am

isn't it amazing the things you remember as you're heading towards the mail-slot at 300m/s...
things like small ships and large ships having completely different stopping distances, and "this isn't a Vulture, it's an Asp!"

some say a shock is as good as a holiday. i think whoever says that needs to be stabbed with a pencil.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Return to “General Discussion”