Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Commander Roybe
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Roybe
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

The War in Lugh

Postby Commander Roybe » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Hello members of Mobius. I am here today to address you on the need the people of Lugh are facing. With the announcement on Galnet of our head Ambassador's interruption of negotiations for recognition with the Alliance, we are turning to as many people of the galaxy that have aided us, either with direct support of our activities, or the willingness to let our small faction, the Crimson State Group, conduct our activities to get us to the point we are at today, the final push for our freedom from the Federation.

We are reaching out to as many people, regardless of their desired level of participation within the galaxy, whether they are Solo flyers or group flyers. Our connected galaxy, rather than promoting hostility between these differing flight styles, is designed to be cooperative. It is in this spirit we are reaching out to you.

The galaxy needs everyone. Lugh needs everyone. We, in Lugh, have hoped a day would come when we could loudly declare our independence, it has finally arrived. I come to you to beseech your participation within the system warmed by the light of Lugh's benevolence. Any are welcome. Those that wish to help Lugh, please contact the Embassy of Lugh to acquire the information you will need to provide the proper help as it will be required.

If you venture outside this, your flight style of choice, please contact the Embassy to receive proper authorization, as our security group will be busy.

Thank you for taking the time to hear our plea.

Commander Roybe
Ambassador for Lugh

Embassy Contact information: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123598

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Re: The War in Lugh

Postby Mobius » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:39 pm

sounds like something our group would be happy to take part in.

Ironclad
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Kevin Renner

Postby Ironclad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:48 pm

While on this subject...Whats the offical word about cmdrs on different sides in the same warzone?
Since Lugh has both indi support for Crimson and Fed support There is a real possibility of cmdrs working both sides.
Thx
I have…seen things you people wouldn't believe…Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those…moments…will be lost in time, like tears…in...rain. Time…to die…

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Ironclad wrote:While on this subject...Whats the offical word about cmdrs on different sides in the same warzone?
Since Lugh has both indi support for Crimson and Fed support There is a real possibility of cmdrs working both sides.
Thx

The answer is here: Policy. :)

Personally, I would only shoot at group members if they shot at me first. Enough NPC's in conflict zones to spare humans.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

EAGLE 5
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: EAGLE 5

Postby EAGLE 5 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:47 am

I'm with Flip on this one but to quote Capt. Burt Mancuso of the USS Dallas if you as much twitch I'll blow your ass straight to Mars.

Ironclad
Novice
Novice

Postby Ironclad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:46 am

I'ts not like I'm looking for PvP, but it's nice to set the ground rules.
Thanks for the link. Read it, understood it.
I have…seen things you people wouldn't believe…Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those…moments…will be lost in time, like tears…in...rain. Time…to die…

Robinov
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Robinov

Postby Robinov » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Went to Lugh a few days ago in Open, lasted about 20 seconds in one of the CZ's, and lost maybe 2m total in insurance costs.

Had to go back to trading for a couple of days to get better kit!

Now, I'm back at Lugh but would much prefer a more 'friendly' group. Are people from Mobius hanging around in Lugh at the moment? Would be great to team up; I've yet to try wings!

Lassan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sephiroth Lassan

Postby Lassan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:47 am

I went from Achenar to Lugh today to fight for the Crimson State Group.
Nice combat zones, plenty of players, good rewards (this time) and quite some action. Even got destroyed by a player the first time in this game ( avoided open until now).
A wing of 3 or 4 vultures engaged me and obliterated me. The second time ( i came back after paying 950000 insurance cost, because why not? It's such fun after all) i barely escaped with my life.
I tend more to shoot people up (when they engage first) but will let them live if i see that they're running. Killed someone unintentially by ramming, sorry for that. But i don't hold a grudge for anyone killing me, that's the rules and they work perfectly.
Even if i had the feeling that the CSG is overwhelmed by the federation it was big fun. To fight another player got my heart pounding like crazy

Cmdr Lassan

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:05 pm

I flew a Viper down to get my 'merc work' on for the Federation yesterday. A break from Type 6 space-trucking. It was my first time in a combat zone, so I chose to do so in solo mode. It was pretty intense! Never saw so many 'Dangerous' and 'Elite' NPCs before! lol. On the other hand, I'm up .5 million and jumped from novice to competent in combat super quick. Just a little bit more and I can upgrade to The Fly. I mean... The Vulture.

Ironclad
Novice
Novice

Postby Ironclad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Wanna hear about my adventures is Lugh? Sure you do :P
Went to Lugh yesterday evening, signed in for the Fed's (as some comander told me yesterday over the comms BOOO!!!).
Head for the high intensity combat zone...Let me clarify, I've been playing Elite since Beta 2, I've been around. Mostly I bounty hunt.
I've been in the previous warzone community goals. As Sienfeld put it "I'm in the union..." :evil: I fly an A grade Cobra so what can go wrong? Right?
10 Seconds after entering the warzone and setting my affiliation, my shields are gone, my hull is been hammered and I'm boosting away like nobody's business. I'm thinking shit happens right? But no serious harm, I loose 2-3% hull and can go on. Shields recharged I'm back in the frey, A cmdr from this group (no names, but he isn't on my friend list, so I don't know him) Latches on to me with his brand new, spanking FdL and ripps me a new one :shock:
Well, I boost out again (Can't beat the cobra with A grade thrusters & power plant it will boost practiclly forever) and jump out for repairs.
After repairing the hull damage and fitting a shield booster, I went back to the Low intesity zones thatk you very much :D

Long story short, the NPC in the warzone utlize wings with great efficiency. I sawit later in the low intesity zone when a wing of 8 Crimson security pilots targetd me and dropped my shields in quick order. The AI is more aggressive and will manuver more (AI tactics seem to link directly to it's rank), low ranking AI will allow itself to be pummled while targeting another craft (sort of target fixation), high ranking AI are more of a challange, they are harder to hit, will keep shield strength longer and if your caught out, can dish a world of hurt.

My answer to the wing tactics, since we didn't form any wing in the WZ, if I come under fire from another hostile, break and reengage the one firing one me. Usually it's a wing mate of some NPC I was attacking.

Great fun!
Good hunting cmdr's!

Return to “General Discussion”