Alternative that allows PVP?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
mbulgakov
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Alternative that allows PVP?

Postby mbulgakov » Sat May 22, 2021 6:52 pm

Is there an alternative to Mobius PVE with a similar or higher player population that allows PVP?

The reason why I'm asking is that I really enjoy doing PVP, but I can't stand the toxic mainstream "pvp community" which consists almost entirely of 11 year old trolls, griefers, and really toxic people in general who post racial slurs and stalk people.

I like PVP but without all the toxicity, racism and cyberstalking that is normal in the mainstream, Open mode Elite community. Is there a private group like Mobius that allows PVP but bans toxic players who post racial slurs, griefers, etc?

TL;DR Looking for a non-toxic PVP community because Open mode is full of racist 11 year olds and trolls

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: Alternative that allows PVP?

Postby GreenViper » Sun May 23, 2021 7:42 am

Hello CMDR mbulgakov.

Please see the policy: http://elitepve.com/page/policy
No PVP action of any form is allowed.

However you can invite Commanders to your own private group and there run PVP to your hearts content ;)
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun May 23, 2021 7:58 am

You may want to search on-line for PVP community groups.

o7
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby uvelius » Tue May 25, 2021 7:41 am

it might indeed be the best way to join a PvP player group/Squadron. My impression of Adle's Armada and the SPEAR network have been very nice, for example. Helpful people, good PvPers, good opportunities for wing fights, patrols and such.

Oh and even the famous Viper Games! (Stock Vipers vs. Vipers) I would be happy to have a go with you with one of those, when I can spare the time. Even had a Freindl PvP event poster lying around in this forum somewhere ...

So: have a look at the different groups and find the one that fits your needs. And for PvE, there's still Mobius just one click away.

mbulgakov
Harmless
Harmless

Postby mbulgakov » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:36 pm

uvelius wrote:it might indeed be the best way to join a PvP player group/Squadron. My impression of Adle's Armada and the SPEAR network have been very nice, for example. Helpful people, good PvPers, good opportunities for wing fights, patrols and such.

Oh and even the famous Viper Games! (Stock Vipers vs. Vipers) I would be happy to have a go with you with one of those, when I can spare the time. Even had a Freindl PvP event poster lying around in this forum somewhere ...

So: have a look at the different groups and find the one that fits your needs. And for PvE, there's still Mobius just one click away.

I am actually a former SPEAR pilot. SPEAR are mostly good folks but sadly it's not possible to be a SPEAR pilot without being viciously harassed by the griefer community.

Elite's griefer community consists of over 100 players. Although not many of them are active in the game, they are very active on social media and use it to spread nasty rumors about you and turn the rest of the elite community against you. If you join SPEAR, you instantly become a target for harassment and it never stops, even after you quit playing the game.

As much as I enjoyed bounty hunting gankers with SPEAR, I couldn't continue to tolerate the neverending stalking and harassment from the mainstream "PVP" community (griefers/gankers), all their racist comments, the fake reddit accounts they registered to post defamatory threads about me on the ED subreddit, their big discord servers where they rallied thousands of players to send me harassing messages, etc.

The griefers also mess up your instancing by blocking you and also encouraging other players to block you. One of their most common tactics is to convince newbies that SPEAR pilots are gankers, so they add them to their block lists which causes us to be unable to instance with anyone. This makes PVP in open mode almost impossible.

On top of that, most of Elite's mainstream PVP community are cheaters who use an assortment of trainer software to give them buffs like higher damage, higher shield health, faster speed, and they take advantage of numerous exploits in the game such as the mirrored armor exploit, where the negative resistance values carry over into positives. The Borann Boys even have their own private, in-house aimbot that makes fixed weapons act like turrets. They are not even remotely capable of playing fair.

Starting my own group isn't really a feasible option since I'd never be able to muster enough people to actually have enjoyable gameplay with, but open mode is also out of the question due to the severe, unbelievable levels of toxicity from the mainstream pvp community.

Does nobody know of a decent PVP private group with a decent amount of players?

Edit:

I also noticed that quite a significant number of gankers have managed to infiltrate mobius. Looking at the "NEW "MOBIUS PVE EURASIA/AMERICA" members" thread, I recognize countless gankers on this list, many of whom I have multiple engagements with while I was an active SPEAR pilot. I've witnessed these guys flying around massacring newbies in trade and exploration ships. Does Mobius make any exceptions for their "no PVP" rule, like for instance defending traders and explorers from griefers who have successfully infiltrated your group?

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:51 am

Countless, that sounds like a lot. Mobius PVE no human killing human.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:29 am

mbulgakov wrote:Does Mobius make any exceptions for their "no PVP" rule, like for instance defending traders and explorers from griefers who have successfully infiltrated your group?

NO. Period.

End of discussion.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:32 am

mbulgakov wrote:
uvelius wrote:I also noticed that quite a significant number of gankers have managed to infiltrate mobius. Looking at the "NEW "MOBIUS PVE EURASIA/AMERICA" members" thread, I recognize countless gankers on this list, many of whom I have multiple engagements with while I was an active SPEAR pilot. I've witnessed these guys flying around massacring newbies in trade and exploration ships. Does Mobius make any exceptions for their "no PVP" rule, like for instance defending traders and explorers from griefers who have successfully infiltrated your group?

Well, all gankers PvP.. but not all PvPers gank.

Within Mobius, all pilots are welcome as long as they abide by the single rule of "NO PVP, EVER"
If they breach it, and it is reported, then they are not in the group ever again, simple.

So it's not infiltration per se, as we do have many PvP players that just like down-time from PvP.
All are welcome until someone decides to pee in the pool and then they get shown the door without fanfare.

mbulgakov
Harmless
Harmless

Postby mbulgakov » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:25 am

Saberius wrote:
mbulgakov wrote:
uvelius wrote:I also noticed that quite a significant number of gankers have managed to infiltrate mobius. Looking at the "NEW "MOBIUS PVE EURASIA/AMERICA" members" thread, I recognize countless gankers on this list, many of whom I have multiple engagements with while I was an active SPEAR pilot. I've witnessed these guys flying around massacring newbies in trade and exploration ships. Does Mobius make any exceptions for their "no PVP" rule, like for instance defending traders and explorers from griefers who have successfully infiltrated your group?

Well, all gankers PvP.. but not all PvPers gank.

Within Mobius, all pilots are welcome as long as they abide by the single rule of "NO PVP, EVER"
If they breach it, and it is reported, then they are not in the group ever again, simple.

So it's not infiltration per se, as we do have many PvP players that just like down-time from PvP.
All are welcome until someone decides to pee in the pool and then they get shown the door without fanfare.

Most of Elite's PVP community are gankers, with the exception of SPEAR who are mostly rejected from the mainstream PVP community and not considered PVPers by GCI, PVP hub or other "authorities" on Elite dangerous PVP.

The griefers I was referring to have a history of infiltrating private groups exclusively for the purpose of ganking people and causing disruption. I have no doubt at all that they joined Mobius in bad faith as I'm well acquainted with them. It seems that they slipped through the cracks during the vetting process, possibly because whoever was in charge of handling their application was unaware of their extensive history of abusive behavior.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:37 am

mbulgakov wrote:The griefers I was referring to have a history of infiltrating private groups exclusively for the purpose of ganking people and causing disruption. I have no doubt at all that they joined Mobius in bad faith as I'm well acquainted with them. It seems that they slipped through the cracks during the vetting process, possibly because whoever was in charge of handling their application was unaware of their extensive history of abusive behavior.

We are confident in our vetting and continual screening/feedback processes. We've been running the largest PvE community VERY successfully for a VERY long time.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”