Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
sockgoblin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: sockgoblin
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby sockgoblin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 am

Hi
Based in Uk and back to the game after a year out

Got a VR headset for a big birthday

Im going to spend lockdown in space

sockgoblin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: sockgoblin

Postby sockgoblin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:54 am

hi all
(firstly apologise if this is a double post as my PC threw a wobbly)

been playing games since the arcade games in pubs in the 80s, I remember Elite on the Sinclair Spectrum !!

Back to the game after a year out , been playing Sea Of Thieves (which has a lot of similarities to ED, solo ships, trading, digging up stuff PVE , ganking) and Rocket League which doesnt.

Got a VR headset for a big birthday so spending Lockdown in space.

Celebrionik
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Celebrionik

Postby Celebrionik » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:35 pm

Hello all commanders.
CMDR Celebrionik here from green Ireland but originally from Poland.(hopefully soon to be approved to MOBIUS).
Picked up ED last month on steam sale for 6 euros - best investment ever. So far was playing Solo, to scared to be shot by some randoms in the open. Heard about PVE initiative here and signed up today.
Programming SQL/Cloud Analytics on daily basis. Gaming and reading on free time (mosly ED now ;)).
Game was a steep learning curve but after a while got a grasp on the game mechanics. Went from Sidewinder to Cobra MK3 fully A Rated in 3-4 days just doing some missions in starting zone. After that headed up for some mining in Cobra. Bought ASPX and did more platinum mining in Omega Capricorn B plat spots :D. Now rocking in my A/B rated Krait MK2 mostly in Ohm City in LHS 20 system, doing some bounty hunting and slowly getting engineers unlocked. If anyone is in LHS 20 - we can try to play together for those sweet sweet Bounty bucks in there (after I am approved to the group of course).

Henri de La Buse
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DE LA BUSE

Postby Henri de La Buse » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:02 am

Hi fellow commanders

I am CMDR de La Buse, from France
Been playing ED mostly solo or private (with friends) since I'm only interested in the PVE/RP aspects of the game.
I recently heard about Mobius on reddit and it sounds really cool, It would really add to the immersion having to meet other cmdrs on stations or during events! I applied and hope I'll be approved

I like exploring and already went to Colonia, looking forward seeing you guys ingame (I will certainly be flying a Beluga full of rich tourists)

BloodletterUK
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bloodletter

Postby BloodletterUK » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Hello, commanders,

CMDR Bloodletter reporting. I am based in Copenhagen and have been playing Elite since December 2014.

I have been playing solo or private for some years now after being put off of playing in open due to the high levels of gankers in my former home base of Gende.

I am looking to regain some lost immersion in a PVE environment.

Regards,
CMDR Bloodletter o7

REDDOG6670
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: REDDOG6670
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby REDDOG6670 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:34 pm

Hello all Elite Players
To my friends my name is Rossco. Online REDDOG6670 (on PS4 I can't change) & REDDOG66 on PC. Older gamer who is very impressed with the new titles coming out and the progress of Elite Dangerous. Liked Elite so much I purchased on PS4 Pro and PC and will do so for Odyssey also.
Have a great PC set up but nothing beats playing Elite on a large LED TV, sitting in a Lazyboy with Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 on my lap. Thankyou Mobius for giving an option to find good people to meet while being able to carry on with business not worrying about losing their ship and cargo every minute while playing. Played in open last night and never ran into anyone but wasn't at any of the main hubs. I'm from a capital City in Canada and welcome friend requests from Mobius members. Nice to have someone to BS while carrying on while blasting around the Universe.
I haven't gotten to far on the PC as I play on PS4 mostly. This is my PS4 membership.
Question: I registered previously and was excepted etc. When I went to my social menu and mobius was there but for whatever reason next time I went in it disappeared so I registered again so hopefully when I go on tonight I'll be able to join a group etc.
Be well and look forward to meeting ya.
REDDOG6670

Salega Garnessa
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Salega Garnessa

Postby Salega Garnessa » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:56 pm

Hello Everyone.

I'm Salega. I've been a fan of space opera sci-fi for, oh, decades and Elite I hoped had the potential to live up to the fiction. I played many years ago and my imagination filled in the gaps that a C64 didn't. I joined this incarnation early and didn't get on with it.

It's come on, I've more time on my hands - so giving it another go.

See you all in the black. Xx

tremor3258
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TREMOR3258

Postby tremor3258 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:08 am

o7 all Elite players -

cmdr tremor3258 - have only been playing for a few weeks. I had enough early WOW experience I've been leery of high-population area ganking so finding a group like this is a relief.

Salega Garnessa
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Salega Garnessa

Postby Salega Garnessa » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:11 am

And btw, I'm Salega Garnessa in game too. So say 'Hi'. I will.

MikkelDane
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mikkel Dane

Postby MikkelDane » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:32 am

Greetings commanders from CMDR Mikkel Dane!

IRL I'm Mikkel as well, living in Denmark, and 51 years old. I did play the original game on c64 and the sequel on Amiga. I actually got this game when it lanched but never played it until winter 2020 since at the time of launch I had to divert all my IRL pips to a PhD I started in 2013 and then I kinda forgot until I saw it as one of the free games on the Epic lancher - so now I even have an alt which I am not using since there is so much to learn, explore, and do on my main as a 'newbie in space'. I play lots of games and generally prefer co-op if available. I joined PVE EURASIA in the hope of finding a wing now and then to things like CZ or (when I get further in the game) AX or stuff.

CMDR Mikkel Dane is off to decent start as a space pilot. I have done some exploration using the amazing roads to riches tools and am Elite in exploration. My current home base is Jameson's Memorial in Shinrarta and I have unlocked quite a few engineers but not all. The only guardian module I have unlocked so far is the FSD booster. I managed to hitch a ride to Colonia with someone's Fleet Carrier and have unlocked 3 of 4 enginners there, but am now back in the bubble earning some money by providing tourist services for passengers in Robigo :)

CMDR Mikkel Dane signing out. o7

Return to “Introductions”