Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cypher-Shryke
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cypher-Shryke
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Cypher-Shryke » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:32 am

On my way to Colonia to finish engineering my Chief, unable to do it in the bubble as not a miner but unlocked all engineers in the Colonia region. Bit of a hike.... yes but will be worth it. Then to grind away at combat to get triple Elite, going to take a while. Currently 46% Dangerous.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Zetr0 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:12 pm

Greetings Mobius Fleet Command - o7 -

It has been a while since my last de-brief so hold on to your hats fellow commanders!

#B 3306125
I arrived back at the Core Systems from Saggitarious A - a few days ago - I believe Fleet Commander Condor77 and Project Lead Commander Logic_Me managed to break some laws of physics in getting the Fleet Carrier back so fast on your recall. Our investigations went well as you can tell from our preliminary reports - there is a lot of data so it may take a bit longer for a full detailed report.

Some data scan's that missed the initial report

#> Krait Mk2 "Ethereal Wake" - #Loc: Stuemeae FG-Y D7561

#> Krait Mk2 "Ethereal Wake" - SRV "Little Jim" - #Loc: Stuemeae AA-A D3329

#B 33061225
Since returning to the bubble. I have set about on the mission from the Federal powers to investigate the "Engineers" and see what ( if any ) connection they have to the MLA terrorist organization.

Command noted that while the innocent citizens of Federation and Empire have been delt with attrocities at the hands of these terrorsits, the Alliance has not - in fact, in connection with Sirius Corperation have been "resettling" refugess and making expansions in the Coalsack Nebula.

#B 33061226
I was contated by an Imperial aid, seeming to know a lot about the mission Mobius Fleet had accepted from the Federation representative. Seemingly also of the same mind. I was informed that their efforts to "investigate" have been met with a stoic silence and indifference - I was offered help in making reliable connections.

#B 33061227
With Federal blessing ( albiet unofficially ) - there is now an unnoficial joint investigation into the "Engineers" ties with MLA. With the help from the Imperial aid, I was inducucted into the Imperial Navy with the Patreon of Aisling Duval -

I suspect the agreement was due to Fleet Command being enticed by the thought of more Prismatic Shield Technology.

I was tasked to travel to Nagalinn, I was then introduced to perhaps the most crooked, corrupt and down right decadent officials I have ever met, with a foreward from the Imperial aid expressing their overal joy and adulation for their grace, gratitude, help and patronage.

I thought "Yes I will thank their grattitude for accepting $20m credits in *donations*"

Running as an Imperial Navy courier is an eye-opener - while the Federal and Imperial Navies are Similar, they are vastly different in terms of promoton and progression. To which is mainly the size of your credit account.

#B 33061228
Its been a while, essentially paying my way to promotions, I seem to of stalled at Marquis - I have "donated" close to $200m Credits not to mention the amount of funds traded for reputaion and influence.

I am sure I am beeing fleeced by the local systems - How can any system function that is so corrupt! at this point I am sure it would be more honourable to just "buy" the rank outright!

#B 33061228
I am at my wits end Fleet Command, I had been "couriering" for these decadent officials for what seems like for ever. I believe I have been *actively* blocked from further promotion so more "donations" cand be garnered.

I have decided to jump to the nearest Space Station - take a break and re-think some stratagy.

Also we need to discuss an Imperial Faction called "Imperial Wargrannys", its disturbing fleet, I wont tell you what I had to do.

#B 33061228
I jumped to Bayahah system and docked at the first Orbital they had, setting everything with the automatic pilot - I was glad to be out of the Nagalinn system - I was relieved I can say Fleet.

Decided to take a little rest in low gravity and I figured I would check out the missions board here ...

I couldn't believe it Fleet Command - finally a promotion oportunity!

It was then I noticed the name of the Orbital - ( see top left ) and I knew then the galactic entity is smiling on us Fleet Command!

#B 33061229
Its perhaps not surprising that you can be waiting for so long for a promotion only to find two of them back to back -

Finally with credible credentials I have left the system and made good standings with the local "Engineers" I will provide you with a report on them soon Fleet Command!

A final shout out to the Python that carried me past the post and onto Glory on this one

#> The *Glorious* Python - "Gold Run"

She got a new coat of paint and a new name "Gold Run", I was tempted with "Rank Runner" - but to be fair, the DBX "Bubble Bus" did most of the lifting on the Imperial Rank Grind.

#> Diamond Back Explorer - "Bubble Bus"

Compiling Sagittarius A Report Fleet Command -

Stay safe out their fellow Commanders - o7 -

Zetr0 --- EOL

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:56 am

Greetings Commanders -o7-

I hope 3307 is treating you well so far.

#B 33070101
I Recently got back from meeting Marco Qwent at Sirius System ( Corporation ), while he is a bit of an bluff and bluster type he seems to know what he's doing. With my credentials with Sirius Corporation and a few Modular Terminals he contacted Professor Palin to set up a meeting. Please see attached Engineering document to this post for more information on both Palin and Chloe Sedesi Command.

#B 33070101
I was traveling through the Pleiades Sector TJ-Q B5-0 in the "Void Wake" hot running a return from my investigations - As I scanned the system over 250 Signals popped up... all non-human. It would seem the Thargoids have Swarmed to war! considering I am in an Exploration ship I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and decided to get back to the bubble.

A few momets after entering Hyper Space the Hyperspace Corridor collapsed and my vessel's power completed died. I shot out a EM-Shield Camera - this is what I saw Fleet -

#>B33070101 - Hypersapce interdiction from a Thargoid Patrol

I wont lie Command, that was quite the terrifing moment. It appeard that there was a Command vessel and between two and four Sentries in a pack. Sorry I cannot be more definiate but I had no power to do any scans other than the small E.M. Shielded camera.

Interestingly dispite the intrusive nature of the scan by the Thargoid my ship powered back up immediately - The larger command Thargoid vessel plough straight on knocking into my ships shields, I wouldn't want to say it, but I suspect out of contempt or frustration at not finding what its looking for.

Be advised Command that I had to file the Thargoid report with the Federal, Imperial, Aliance and Independant bodies. Don't want to lose my Pilots License ;).
Last edited by Zetr0 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:46 pm

Greetings Commanders -o7-

Update

#B 33070101
After my report on the Thargoid Hyperdiction I was contacted by Professor Palin. Inquiring on my condition, I informed him that I and the Void Wake were a little shaken but OK. Apparently he has high connections which is interesting of note Fleet Command.

I was informed that he has recently learned that there had been a battle with one of these Thargoid vessels and I was ask "as a favour" to investigate. Since I was Close to the system in question HIP 17403 - time to take a look.

I changed over to my DB Explorer "Bubble Bus" and restocked at the local Orbital - I wanted the Ground crew to analyse the "Void Wake" to ensure the Thargoids didn't plant something on her or that I missed any data.

Back in the "Bubble Bus" I then set about for the HIP 17403 System. I wont lie Mobius Command - I would like to know what makes these Thargoids tick.

After jumping a few Jumps in I found my self in the HIP 17403 System, FFS Scans revealed crashed vessels on Body 4 A 4 - I powered up the FSD and supercruised into the system. Please be advised command there are a lot of Non-Human signals in and around this system!

#> Diamond Back Explorer "Bubble Bus" - Investigating Thargoid and Terran Wrekage [ HIP 17403 - A 4 A ]

I set down on this low gravity planetoid and started my investigation, I found two wrecked Lacon vessels - perhaps type 9 or type 10, I am unsure exactly as they are very damanged - I mean it could be a spoiler, or part of the Frame Shift manifold...

#> HIP17403 - A 4 A - Wrekage Investigation 001

The fact that these vessels were burried deep into the regolith means that they came down hard and fast.

#> HIP17403 - A 4 A - Wrekage Investigation 002

I also Discovered two downed Anaconda's at this site, some kind of battle took place around here of that I am sure, it appears that this was the last stand or more specificall the last fall.

Interestingly there were Cargo Canisters of FISH and BEER - not sure what kind of party was going on here Fleet Command, but it sounds like the stories of the Norwegian parties of Old Earth mythology.

I pressed further into the center of the wrekage site, I couldn't help myself and started humming some bars of "russelåt".

#> HIP17403 - A 4 A - Wrekage Investigation 003

At the Center there apears to be bone-like organic material structure - I scanned a few for the Codex and pressed further in.

#> HIP17403 - A 4 A - Wrekage Investigation 004

This all too unsettlingly familiar. This looks a lot like one of the sentries to the larger Thargoid I encountered earlier!

#> HIP17403 - A 4 A - Wrekage Investigation 005

I am at the center of the wrekage, there appears to be several Thargoid Sensors still functioning?. The device is scattering my Scans and even the SRV turrets are struggling to lock on. If you notice it seems to phase the Electro-magnetic spectrum around itself it eminateds a good 2 meters in a spherical area. I will take some of these back for further study.

I also noticed an old SRV wreckage - from what I could tell it was an older model, but I couldn't directly determin its age. Considering that these Sensors have power, perhaps when this SRV's mission was conducted a lot more of the vessel was still powered?..

Age scans couldn't give me a definiate time frame for how long this wreckage has been here. But if these items have power after all this time.... Food for thought Command.

... hmmm Talking of food, anyone interested in some Burgon Chowder? - y'know that russelåt, its quite catchy.......

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX

Postby SCE2AUX » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:49 pm

I arrived in Coalsack last night to kill some Thargoids. I’m only equipped for Scouts but I plan to take down my share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:13 pm

Greetings Commander SCE2AUX - o7-

Its good to read you again. I have been running rescue mission at the Coalsack and Witch Head Nubluae!

#B 33070101
I got to the MuscaDark Region PJ-P B6-1 - and my Comms station lit up like a Christmass Tree of old Earth stories - sifting through the distress calls of the terrified survivors, rescuers and Navy presence coms - I stopped at the Betancourt Rescue Ship and retro-fitted the "Void Wake" for Orbital Passenger Resue - being able to shoe-horn 162 Refugees at a time, I set out 2M meters to Betancourt Base

#> The Thargoids have certainly sent a message Fleet Command.

Command!! Betancourt Base is off Axis as such its rotation is much faster than normal, from my calcualtions the edges of the station will be experiencing close to 2G's of Gravity and over 8G at the Pylons!.

I hope the Fire Teams got everyone out of there....

#> Not entirely Stable - but I can feel the terror of the civilians from here!

I can see Chemical Fires inside the Station, it truly is a Maw of destruction and death..

So much radio chatter....

Command I am getting distress calls from Fire Teams inside the station!!... Time to go to work!

#> Let there be some Mercy!

Its roasting hot in here Command, I fired off the last of my heatinsk and I am now taking heat damage...

Managed to get out of the Base - its flaming Maw taking a large bite from the Void Wake's under belly.... 38% Hull remaining.... main computers down, FSD is now intermittent and is not kicking into drive.....

#> Anaconda "Void Wake" - External Camera showing the extent of the damage from Fallihg super-structure -

The Galactic Entity is smiling upon me today Command, I am glad I left the class 2 AMFU plugged in... and luckly it was still funtional in getting the FSD back online - I made swift jump to the Betancourt Base - Rescue Ship... will all 162 Souls onbaord!

#> Anaconda - "Void Wake" leaving Betancourt Base - Rescue Ship

Managed to frop off the Survivors and reapir the Void Wake. I retro-fitted additonal Heat Sink Launchers to the ship and was about to save a further 1132 Souls over 7 Trips to the Station...

It was then I heard on the Comms Channel that The Coalsack Sector was also Under Attack......

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:04 am

Greetings fellow Commanders -o7-

#B 33070101
I got the call from Command that the Coalsack Nebula is under attack, a further 4 of 5 stations attacked. I retro fitted the "Void Wake" for deep space exploration and blasted out of the Musca Dark Region PJ-P B6-1, as fast as the Frame Shift Drive could go.

One good thing about the "Void Wake" is that it has impressive hyper space jump range and within 14 Jumps - and the several dimming of local stars later - truly love that Class 6 Fuel Scoop - I made it to the Witch Head Nebula and was in the Evangelis System docking with the Cann Relay Rescue Ship.

Once again I retro-fit the "Void Wake" for Orbital Passenger Rescue - I ensured that there were four times as many Heat Sink Launchers and then departed the Megaship for Cann Relay - Rescue Ship

#> Anaconda "Void Wake" - Cann Relay super-structure inspection.

I was hearing all kinds of distress calls on Comms flooding the board, begging for help to ferry civilians away from the station.

With so much communications chatter I struggle to contact the Cann Relay Ground Crew -

#> Cann Relay Orbital - Stabilization failure - Off Axis with increased rotation.

They train you for these events at the Acedemy..... you have done this more than a dozen times... it still never prepares you.

#> Cann Relay Orbita - Checmical fires rage into the blackness of space.

"Cann Relay Ground Crewl, Commander the Void Wake needs a Landing Pad Cleared... room for 162 souls"

"Affermative Zulu Echo Tango, Proceed to Dock 09 - Caution Chemical Fires are located within the station..."

Time to go to work...

#> Anaconda "Void Wake" Setting down for the first group of survivors

Again here I was... making a Faustian Bargain staring straight in the eye of Mephistopheles - standing resolute on the Fith Terrace of Dante's Infero!

All my respects the Cann Relay Ground Crew, true professionals - I was able to get the first group of survivors away from the station in a record time!

I made it back to the Cann Relay Rescue ship with 162 souls saved, I met Commander AferteDex in an Open Channel, whom was having his ship repaired, he had managed to save 3,406 Souls this day alone. For the few moments while Void Wake was being repaired / inspected by flight crew - we talked...

I do not know what was fueling this Commander, but he looked as though he should of colapsed from exaustion days ago - instead he got back into his ship saying... "Don't worry Commander there is always time for another round.. after all they Keep the bar open around here".

He blasted out from the Rescue Ship while the flight crew finished with the "Void Wake" - I was left with my thoughts, "Yeah... -o7- I'l will get us the first round in Commander"

Oddly they don't serve alcohol onbaord Rescue Ships...

Still I was struck with this new revigor - I proceeded to complete 7 further runs before empting the station of civilians the ground crew managed to rustle up - I managed to save a further 1,296 civilians from the Cann Relay Station.

On my last trip out from the Station Ground Crew, decided to lighten the mood by pretending to fine me for loitering - There an amazing bunch -

Last laugh is on them though, as I dropped off the last group of the survivors, I had taken the comical data ticket to the Authority Contact on the rescue ship and droped more credits in a donation for the Fire and Flight Crew than I think he had seen in his life I said to him -

"When the ground crew get back from the Cann, tell them they Earned this for Excessive loitering.."

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am

#B 33070101
I got a call from my Gunner NOMNA whom I thought had been relaxing with family in the Sedansi System after all, 8 months of deep space commecial shipping takes it out of you..

NOMNA: "Zee, Hannia Enterprise in the SHENVE System just got hit.. I have been recalled by Fleet Command to fight the Xeno's..."

ME: " Looks like I will be seeing you there Gunny...."

I explained the Situation to the Cann Relay Rescue Ship, they had just gotten the news about the SHENVE Orbital - They gave me flight clearance and leave. They wished me luck and thanked me again for my service.

I blasted straight to the Hannia Enterprise Orbital Station -

#> Hannia Orbital - SHENVE System 33070101

I contact the local flight command and explain the station Its lost a lot of external super structure.

#> Hannia Orbital - SHENVE System 33070101

I was met with those all too familiar calls on the comms station with more emphasis on First Rescue responding, Fire Controll and AX Fleet Command.

I Contacted Hannia Enterprise Fire Crew for a Landing Pad, I was request to go to PAD 07, on dropping down into the Hanger ( to avoid the Chemical Fire in the main Dock ) - the locking mechanism failed/glitched

#> Error Error - Hannia Orbital - SHENVE System - the hanger door wont close.

Heat and Liquid metal was pouring through the Cracks and Vents so we had to be even quicker in loading the passengers onto the Void Wake

Despite a little additional heat damage - the ship was okay and I managed to get back to the rescue ship without further incident saving a further 162 souls. Ground crews worked over-time to get more Landing pads free as I return to save as many as I couold.

#> Anaconda - "Void Wake" Leaving Hannia Enterprise Orbital - a well timed boost

On my 8th ot 9th trip I had managed to save over 1,500 Souls from the Inferno's Maw. After so much heat damage and long jump distance in a short time, Flight Crew insisted on a Engine / FSD overhaul before they would clear my vessel for work. at which time the situation was managable for the Ground Crew as more Pilots flooded the System in calls for Aid.

Exhausted, I met up with NOMNA and set a course to the SEDANSI system so they could be with family for the remainer of their vacation.

Did I ever tell you about Sedansi, there's this wonderful blue green world... like a marble held up against black void of space..

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam

Postby bootsam » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 am

Took about 18mnths off. Returned and finished trip to Sag A, flew to Colonia and now 240ish jumps from jameson. Then? Who knows...prob work to get elite combat

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:07 pm

Welcome return Commander bootsam -o7-

Always good reading about a commander returning from the void!

I hope your trip wwas a good one, recently with a few members of Mobius we left off to Sag A* just prior to Christmas - Luckly we had Fleet Commander Condor77 with the Fleet Carrier Andromeda Ascendent -

Its truly beautiful out there... I was not sure if I wanted to return to the bubble.

Safe jourenys on your travels fellow commander, I hope we get to meet up out there in the void. -o7-

Return to “General Discussion”