Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
SethBaine
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Seth Baine
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby SethBaine » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Recent return-to-game, been away a good while...

Once I remembered what I was probably trying to do the first time, I'm at about 82% Pioneer, working exploration to finish that off. So I'm on random roads-to-riches routes near the bubble.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:48 pm

Welcome return Commander SethBaine - o7

Being of Pioneer Rank you are so close to Elite!

Currently I am working finishing up the last 22% of Ranger and then its the final Grind of the Pioneer - this will make me double Elite - then only the Combat left....

However I am currently over 16.000 Lite Years from Home, on expedition, today Fleet Command jumped into the IOCKOLS RS-S C17-395 Sector - and I was met with this when I made it to the Deck to start a Survey Run.

#33061218 - It's begining to look a lot like Christmas...

#33061218 - My god..... its full of stars....

One has to wonder why oher Commanders would ever return to the bubble.....

Stay safe out there Commander and good luck on your quest - o7

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:59 am

Zetr0 wrote:@Commander Tinnitus - o7

I want Prismatic Shields so bad, but the fact I have to simp for an imperial princess is the bit that wrenches my soul.
But I really really really want them shields, I have fleet that needs them and some Thargoids that are going to regret that they were even.... er... hatched?... ( lets put a pin in that one for later ;) )

Thats a 4 week grind, and a big cost at the end, since you only get a week to purchase what you want/need - I can see some trips at Robigo to Sirius Atmospherics to help pay off the purchases.

Impressive stuff Commander - o7

Thank-you, not that much to it just do the basic then go about your business. One has to remember that is some sectors your empire alliance will make you hostile including having to sneak into stations for supplies, etc. or you can hang around her space as there is lots to do.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Trickyhicky
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Trickyhicky

Postby Trickyhicky » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:31 am

Any advice before I head off?

As part of my personal development, I have made a decision to go to the Top of the Universe so I’m looking to travel from Kremata to Lalande 25224.
The first stage is planing and recording so I have started a Logbook of this endeavour. It didn't start well.
Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye.
#Triptothetopoftheuniverse #TTTTOTU #alearningcurve #K2L25224 #galaxyplotter #spansh
https://inara.cz/cmdr-logbook/293066/53448/

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX

Postby SCE2AUX » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Just got back to Robigo after some exploring to gather materials. I’ve been just alternating between passenger runs and bounty hunting. Anyone else around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby SCE2AUX » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:42 pm

Zetr0 wrote:Congrats on your purchase fellow Commander,

I was / have been starting my long Grind to the purchase price of the "Fleet Carrier".... at $5 Billion Credits its a bit of "a PAINITE in the Asp Explorer" to get, if you know what I mean.

With only $1.3 Billion Space Cheadders to my name, maybe I can grind it before the Nerf on Monday... maybe...

Eitherway I do hear many rumours and whispers around the Bars and Stations in the bubble about the frontier that is Colonia... I may take a trip in my Krait 2 next week... kinda fell in love with this little boat.... a true pleasure to fly and zip around stars.....

Hope to see you out there in void Commander o7

I’ve been thinking about upgrading my exploring ship. I love the DBX but I’m bored with it. Now you gave me an idea!

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:04 am

Greetings Commanders, a Very Merry Winter harvest and Happy New Sol Orbit to one and All!

#>Its another one of those anomalies again Fleet Command!
*image with thanks from FDev

Have a wonderful Day today fellow Commanders

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:10 pm

I finally got in game for the first time in years. I spent hours flying around, being somewhat disappointed that multicrew didn't allow me to launch SRVs.. but enjoying flying my Cutter and Anaconda again. So much has improved on the UI. The night vision mode is super awesome. I haven't even had a chance to see the major carrier yet. Need to figure out where those are sold, then save up a cool billion. I might be elite trade ranked, but I am deeeeefinitely not feeling like an elite trader anymore.

The new OLED (LG CX) gave me a good excuse to play it, and a friend that had stutter issues with his 3080 gave me a good excuse to see how the 3090 handled it. 4k60 looks amazing. 4k120 (waiting on my 48GBps cable to replace my 18GBps HDMI) will probably be even better than 1440p165 was.

Is the group still active or?

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:07 pm

Well I've been back in game a few days now. Made 100m or so to re-buffer myself and explored out again. Nightvision is amazing. No Thargoids yet in my encounters. So many new ships to try. Went to play tonight and my X52's yaw/Z Axis have finally kicked the bucket. Luckily, I put an order in for a X-52 Pro earlier today. (Z drift was insanely bad and almost fully left turning).

New cable came in, and E:D looks great in 4k120.

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby SCE2AUX » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Darr Valen wrote:Well I've been back in game a few days now. Made 100m or so to re-buffer myself and explored out again. Nightvision is amazing. No Thargoids yet in my encounters. So many new ships to try. Went to play tonight and my X52's yaw/Z Axis have finally kicked the bucket. Luckily, I put an order in for a X-52 Pro earlier today. (Z drift was insanely bad and almost fully left turning).

New cable came in, and E:D looks great in 4k120.

Welcome back! The groups is most definitely active and growing. Hope to see you out there.

I decided to try a Krait Mk2 for mostly exploration and multicrew fighter fun. I have to say, I am really liking it so far except for how pricey 7A modules can be....

Return to “General Discussion”