Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Trickyhicky
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Trickyhicky
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Trickyhicky » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi There to all.

I live on the East Sussex coast in the UK. I am a retired Police Officer who is now taking gents living with Dementia out for social activities.

My Username Trickyhicky is the nickname I was given in the Police, but that is a loooooong story.

I played the original Elite on the Amiga 500 with a million floppy disks. Great game and got so much stick from the wife for being on it for hours wanging around in my wireframe ship.

20 odd years later my youngest son (24) came screaming downstairs to tell me that he had found Elite Dangerous Horizon for free on the Epic streaming service and he had set me up with an account. My goodness me hasn't it evolved. I find it stunning that there is such a community around this...... do I call it a game? Let's play it safe and call it an Experience.

So here I am stumbling around the black void reliving my younger days. I have a headset arriving Christmas day, a HOTAS Boxing day, both of which I hope will improve my abilities. For the time being, I am satisfied with trading and exploring and clacking about on my keyboard and mouse finding my way around all the add ons commands.

I am desperate to get the voice commands under my belt and a new computer voice. These are all the things back in the early 90's I thought would be fun to have never realised it would become a reality.

I wish to thank all the sprogs who have made this possible so to all the computer engineers, code scripters, Board admins, idea realisers and most of all to the original Elite team for regrouping and letting the community in to help with making it a success.

Will I go for Odessy? Not a big fan of first-person shoot em up's but maybe if my sons get on board Elite I'll be the old sweat driving the personnel carrier (on blue lights and 2tones) and they can be the foot soldiers who bailout and take out the scroates. Who knows?

Why PVE? to start with I played solo to get my head around the game, and whilst doing so I realised I was picking up background chatter on the comms screen in busy area's where newbies like me were getting picked off by people who were trying to get a reputation by picking off low hanging fruit. I also understand that those of us who prefer PVE can meet up (how I do not know yet ) and play against the machine. But that for me is a bit down the trail at the mo.

Anyway, thank you for letting me join Mobius and crew.

SethBaine
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Seth Baine

Postby SethBaine » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Greetings all,

Cmdr Seth Baine, playing from the greater houston (TX) area.
By day, I'm an over-stressed software programmer.

I'm a recent return-to-game, having been away for maybe a couple? years -- planet side landing was a thing, but no fleet carriers or etc. When I did play, previously, I ran entirely in 'solo' mode. Have had too much experience with "open world" griefers in a variety of other online games, and really came to E:D more for the expansive sim/exploration mode of the game.

Reese Hill
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: REESE Hill

Postby Reese Hill » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Greetings all,

Cmdr Reese Hill, playing from central Ga area, I'm an RP Alliance player and member of AEDC. I casually play in open mode and heard there a place that was into RP and PVE without all the ganking and stuff. Since it sounded like my type of people and playing style I decided to join up. Look forward to seeing you all in the black. Thanks for having me.

CMDR Lex Taliones
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lex Taliones
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby CMDR Lex Taliones » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Greetings pilots! I can get wordy, but I’ll try not to make this a TL/DR.

I’m CMDR Lex Taliones. I'm a 50-year-old casual gaming fart and general weirdo (Sci-Fi, tattoos, piercings, horror, art, other nerd pursuits and freakery...) I play PC & console games, but mainly console as I no longer have a high-end rig. Love & have been a loyal Xbox gamer since the first generation and that’s where I play ED. I joined Mobius after doing a Google search and reading mentions in a Steam forum about three years ago and started out well on MobiusXUS, but real life intervened and I stepped away. Came back again briefly and moved to MobiusXUS1, but had to put it down yet another time for the same reasons. I didn't have the time to commit due to family/life/work/marriage issues, etc.

Things have changed a bit, but my interest in ED hasn’t. I have separated (amicably) from my wife of 20+ years and moved into my own apartment. I still have a busy life and an odd work schedule (CST – Thursdays-thru-Sundays 7pm-6am, Mondays-Wed TBD at my new part time job), but I have ensured I have room to play ED regularly (on my HotasX and I bought a new 78” TV!). I’ve also made it a point to keep two Wednesdays free a month at least. Plus, I will be playing late nights on Mon-Tues. I’m really looking forward to being able to devote some real and regular play-time to ED and along with that I will enjoy it more with friends. So, here I am!

I chose PVE as it suits me better overall, but might try some PVP in the future .. not ruling it out. When I left, I had just started the “Road to Riches” path. Not sure if that’s still a valid thing or not, but I have a lot to relearn anyway. For all intents and purposes, I have to relearn the game anyway … so I’ll be full of annoying questions. To begin with I am going to do some reading/research and watch some videos before doing the tutorials again and trying to decide if I want to continue the RtR, or shift gears. Any advice, tips, links to resources is greatly appreciated! I’d really love to make some good friends I can play regularly with, not just because of the current worldwide isolation situation, but because I miss having online friends to meet regularly. Now that I live alone it’s more of an integral element. Besides, I need to justify the purchase of that new TV! So don’t hesitate to invite me to a group when I’m on ED, send me a friend request, or just chat with me and when I’m confident enough in my knowledge and abilities in ED I’d love to start playing in a group.

Thanks for reading and I hope to make new friends here.

CMDR: Lex Taliones
GT: Lex Taliones

Nightwolf
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: John Blackwolf

Postby Nightwolf » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:32 pm

Hello Commanders I'm John Blackwolf, I'm 54 and a casual gamer at best , I'm a mouse and keyboard cowboy in ED lol, see you in the black o7

Nightsinger
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NIGHTIE TIDEBORN

Postby Nightsinger » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Hello Commanders, I'm Nightie Tideborn. I'm 38 and been playing PC games since I was 5, and I can consider myself an avid gamer.

I actively avoided Elite Dangerous, because I know that as soon as I started, I couldn't stop. Now, I'm tumbling down the rabbit hole.

Send help o7

Kind regards :)

StallionSenpai
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: StallionSenpai

Postby StallionSenpai » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:21 am

Hello hello.^ CMDR tag's StallionSenpai, most call me Stal. Was looking through YouTube comment sections and heard one too many horror stories about explorers in Naked JumpRange focused DBX's getting ganged and losing hundreds of millions of credits of exploration data from asshats in tricked out Combat FDL's.

Never really wanted to try Open play if that's what it led to; a few comments mentioned Private Groups with player bases well in the 20,000 range, each with people more interested in helping each other more than anything. Something I'd love to try it out.

RAZARBAK
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RAZARBAK

Postby RAZARBAK » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:14 am

G'day all!

CMDR Razarbak here, though feel free just to call me Rino (pronounced like rhino which is my IRL nickname)
Been in the game for about a year now and getting stuck into it in the last few months. My prefered play is PvE / Rp which is a great thing that I found this group. Main role is a trader, and honestly couldn't be happier, though I do quite like exploration. Combat and Mining isn't my thing though I'd tag along with anyone here if it comes down to it.

So a little about me, I'm a lvl30 (30yr old) gamer from Australia and a shift worker in supply chain. So UTC+10 (Non daylight savings - Brisbane), and looking forward to seeing you all in the black sometime soon.

o7
Razarbak out.

MaE2901
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MaE2901
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby MaE2901 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:04 am

Hello all,

I am CMDR MaE2901 living in good all Germany. Bought myself a XBox One X last summer and use it mainly for E:D. In real life I am some of the mid-agers. Ingame I am quite fresh but nevertheless already achived Elite status for exploring and trading. Currently I am at Shenve working on my combat rank which is now dangerous and help to clean up the region from the Thargoids. Don't having any Guardian weapons I focus on the scouts with my AX Multicannons.

As I am now acepted for the respective private group I will for sure be now and than no longer in the open and I look forward to meat you in E:D ...

StarionHD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: STAR1ON

Postby StarionHD » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:40 am

Whats up guys, been on the mobius pve private group session here and there for a while but not much here lately. Kind of returning to the game after an extended break and so much has changed and im very excited for Odyssey. Anyways, I'm StarionHD or my CMDR name in game is STAR1ON. I'm a pretty laid back guy, I've played elite on and off for many years now. It always seems to pull me back in. But I have yet to really experience Elite with a group. So i'm hoping to find that here. Oh and I have an awesome beard.

Return to “Introductions”