Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby SCE2AUX » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:16 am

Got hyperdicted for the first time ever. I was leaving Delphi to go somewhere I quickly forgot. Caught me not paying attention and scared the crap out of me. In VR that is so scary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:28 pm

@SCE2AUX
Greetings fellow commander - I have been curious about the VR aspect of this title,- I am currently using a PC - can I ask for your opinon and setup?

Now this last week has been a lot of first's over the last few days.

0. Made Elite Rank in Trading
1. Reviewed so many Online Guides and YouTubes
    Big thanks to ElitePVE.com and the links
    Shout outs to The Pilot, Yamiks, Down to Earth Astronomy and Obsidian Ant, for some fine YouTube tutorials and discussions.
2. Leared to mine effectively
3. Visited many fleet Carries
4. learned to fuel scoop without over heating
5. Learned how to manage module priorities effectievly
6. Made over 1.5Billion Space Cheaders
    Bought a Python - max A rated ( for mining )
    Bought another Anaconda - max A rated ( for mining )
    Bought a KRAIT Mk2 - maxed A Rated ( for exploration )
7. Discovered some new sectors
8. Discoved "Engineers"
9. Successfully landed on a planet at precise coordinates log/lat
A. Trundeled around in my SRV

Its been very exciting, I am currently at the ( Pliedes Sector 01-T C3-7 ) System on A 6 searching for "Meta-alloy(s)" while I have found some Barnicales They all seem to be exhausted.

So just relaxing in my new toy ( KRIAT Mk2 ) and enjoying a coffee from the coffee machine... thats worth the 100 mill of Spondoolicks if ever there was a reason.

Its night-time at the location of my rotation on A 6, waiting for day - perhaps then these barnicles will grow me some Meta-Alloy =D

Virtually traveling 100's of lightyears during a nationwide quarantine - hardly feels like a lock down.

But I will say, stay safe on your journey's fellow Commanders .o7

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX

Postby SCE2AUX » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:03 am

Zetr0 wrote:@SCE2AUX
Greetings fellow commander - I have been curious about the VR aspect of this title,- I am currently using a PC - can I ask for your opinon and setup?

Now this last week has been a lot of first's over the last few days.

0. Made Elite Rank in Trading
1. Reviewed so many Online Guides and YouTubes
    Big thanks to ElitePVE.com and the links
    Shout outs to The Pilot, Yamiks, Down to Earth Astronomy and Obsidian Ant, for some fine YouTube tutorials and discussions.
2. Leared to mine effectively
3. Visited many fleet Carries
4. learned to fuel scoop without over heating
5. Learned how to manage module priorities effectievly
6. Made over 1.5Billion Space Cheaders
    Bought a Python - max A rated ( for mining )
    Bought another Anaconda - max A rated ( for mining )
    Bought a KRAIT Mk2 - maxed A Rated ( for exploration )
7. Discovered some new sectors
8. Discoved "Engineers"
9. Successfully landed on a planet at precise coordinates log/lat
A. Trundeled around in my SRV

Its been very exciting, I am currently at the ( Pliedes Sector 01-T C3-7 ) System on A 6 searching for "Meta-alloy(s)" while I have found some Barnicales They all seem to be exhausted.

So just relaxing in my new toy ( KRIAT Mk2 ) and enjoying a coffee from the coffee machine... thats worth the 100 mill of Spondoolicks if ever there was a reason.

Its night-time at the location of my rotation on A 6, waiting for day - perhaps then these barnicles will grow me some Meta-Alloy =D

Virtually traveling 100's of lightyears during a nationwide quarantine - hardly feels like a lock down.

But I will say, stay safe on your journey's fellow Commanders .o7

I’d love to share. I actually didn’t play ED before I got this PC and VR setup. So I’ve only ever experienced ED in VR so I’m admittedly biased. I’ll put it this way, putting on the headset and burning a few hours in this game feels like a vacation crammed into one play session. You come out feeling like you were gone in real life for quite sometime. Hyperspace jumps aren’t simply annoying loading screens anymore...they’re alive. You just stare around in amazement. It takes any good aspect of this game and makes it GREAT. My only real complaint is the lack of control in terms of your ship’s interior lighting. You can get some bloom and distortion. I plan to get the new mod for this that was recently featured on D2EA.

Most of all there seems to be a large jump-scare factor that VR really enhances. Too close to a neutron star or black hole and you might shriek in real life......;)

Hyperdiction? Unsettling, terrifying, awesome. Looking over your shoulder to see the interceptor creep toward you is something else!

....aw here we go...I’m ramblin’ again.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700
GeForce RTX 2070
16GB
HTC Vive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:48 pm

Got bored.

Bought Fleet Carrier.

Put all my ships and modules there.

Now my Carrier ("Hell Fortress" V0H-56J) is parked in Colonia system.

I guess I'll be hanging out there for a while...

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:50 am

Congrats on your purchase fellow Commander,

I was / have been starting my long Grind to the purchase price of the "Fleet Carrier".... at $5 Billion Credits its a bit of "a PAINITE in the Asp Explorer" to get, if you know what I mean.

With only $1.3 Billion Space Cheadders to my name, maybe I can grind it before the Nerf on Monday... maybe...

Eitherway I do hear many rumours and whispers around the Bars and Stations in the bubble about the frontier that is Colonia... I may take a trip in my Krait 2 next week... kinda fell in love with this little boat.... a true pleasure to fly and zip around stars.....

Hope to see you out there in void Commander o7

Bishop Montanha
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bishop Montanha

Postby Bishop Montanha » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:36 am

I'm only about 2 to 3 hours into the game so I'm just figuring out all of the commands and how to fly from systems and figuring out all of the little things.

Did my first trade and made a profit
    Did my first planetary landing
    Got indicted by a pirate and managed to kill and get a bounty.

Figuring out what I want to be and what ship and equipment I want to get with my slowly creeping up credits.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 am

Greetings Commander o7

Some amazing and great firsts!

I can humbly recommend resources for new Commanders on the old Earth Entertainment and Advertising Platform called YouTube

to lean about load outs, ships, weapons and getting the best experience with bestbang for space buck I would recommend the following YouTube Commanders - in no particular order -

D2EA ( Down To Earth Astronomy )
    Obsidian Ant
    The Pilot
    Hawks Gaming
    Yamiks [ NSFW ]

In no particular order and all are both informative and ejoyable content - especially when mining up a fuss in a lonely star system.

Stay safe out there Commander - but enjoy your travels - hope to see you out here in the black one day.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:09 am

Zetr0 wrote:$5 Billion Credits its a bit of "a PAINITE in the Asp Explorer" to get

Well, it would be a bit more than 5 BCr. You'd want some outfitting and upkeep reserves. I'd say it's more like 6.5 BCr with about one year of upkeep.

And don't bother with shipyard/outfitting, owner can always store his own ships/modules even if facilities are not installed.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Flew to dav's hope for a commander meet and greet but nobody was there because I forgot to convert time zones. Oh well had fun and will get it correct next time.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:52 pm

I am truly sorry to read that Commander Tinnitus

#3306.11.25 - Dav wasn't the only one who needed a bit of hope that day!

I will say it was fun, a couple of space crazed commanders that attempted ruin things in open showed up ( we were in an OPEN instancce ) - but we soon all blocked them...

Next time I hope we can get a discord chat / voice com server running for the Commander meets... in fact there might be a ROOM/Channel we can use on the Mobius Discord Server - I will look into this and see if Commander Logic_Me can work this in with some streaming - Mobius Admins permitting.

I got to the party a few hour earlier to do some "farming"

#3306.11.25 - When you turn up to the party - and the facility is wearing the same dress as you!

Return to “General Discussion”