CMDR Astroedo

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Astroedo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Astroedo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Astroedo

Postby Astroedo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi all, I'm CMDR Astroedo I play Elite since the very first release of Elite, now I'm playing ED on PC, but I began on PS4 with my former Commader EdoHard.

When I switched from PS4 to PC using the Frontier account migration feature, I wrote this short story just to present my character.

Fly Long and prosper CMDR EdoHard

When I met him he was flying on an old battered Python; those who made too many jumps, and sometimes, due to the inexperience or distraction of their pilots, got too close to the stars wile "surfing" to collect a few kg/s more hydrogen from the star's corona or had "tasted" too near the asteroids thanks to which their commanders was living.

I, still a young boy, was working as a bartender at the Coriolis Base in Dahan, he was one of many miners who earned the credits between frozen rings of the gaseous giants in the extra Bubble systems.

He was one of many, it is true, but with a strange light in the eyes, the light of those who have seen many more things than those that tells who casually cross their path.

Over time we became friends, despite the difference in age; I had discovered that, in the past, he had been an explorer, of those who, on board of a ship, traveled without a precise destination in search of the biggest stars, of the warmest or the coldest ones, of the terraformable planet or the ball of rock rich in rare materials and, above all, of breathtaking landscapes those that didn't bring you credits, but made life worth living (he said).

Sometimes I accompanied him in his miners' missions, and there, in the deep of the space, he was telling me his incredible stories, like that time he had overloaded the FSD by flying in the crossed cones of two neutron stars, or when he was almost killed landing hard on a planet at 10g, then making 15,000 ly with 5% of the hull.

Imaginative stories to which I usually barely believed, but which all had a constant: Giordano Bruno his Asp Explorer, the only ship he had never sold.

"One day I'll take you for a ride", he was usual to repeat, "we will go for a jump among the Pleiades and drink a beer of Merope with Tharg!
If you will be a polite kid I'll even let you drive her. "

But he had never shown to me that phantom ship.

One day I asked him: "who made you give up everything and put you to do the miner?".

Seraphic, as always, replied: "Boy, when you've seen so much, at some point, you want a quieter life ... Being a miner can seem a dirty and boring job, but it's quiet and I don't ask anything else.
There are the pirates, but they are greedy: just abandon a part of the cargo and they will rush to bring it aboard letting you go, it's not worth the trouble for a few tons of Void Opals ... and then, if something goes wrong, there's always the escape pod! ".

Of course, the escape pod, designed to withstand any stress, virtually indestructible.

When the naval officer showed up at my lodgings, the news hit me like a punch in the stomach: a pirate, a little greedier than the others, had surprised him among the rings of an anonymous system just outside the Bubble, he had exploded his Python so, just to defeat the boredom, but his escape pod, was splashed without control towards the gas giant plunging into the dense atmosphere of hydrogen and methane ...

... he had no family, only a friend with whom he had shared his adventures.

He had left me everything he owned, including his last ship: Giordano Bruno.

Farewell CMDR EdoHard I will take care of your girlfriend.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: CMDR Astroedo

Postby GreenViper » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:46 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Astroedo
Nice reading story, hope to meet you in the Black one day!

When not out in the Black exploring, being a member of the Mobius Colonial Republic Navy (MCRN); 99% of the time you can find me in and around the Colonia area.

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'
In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Astroedo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Astroedo

Postby Astroedo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:31 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I've forwarded the subscription request to the eurasia group yesterday.
How much it usually takes for subscription confirmation? i'm really eager to begin with this new group :-D

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:20 am

It can take about upto a week, but if all info is applied OK you'll get in soon now.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”