CMDR Fassim

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Fassim
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fassim
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Fassim

Postby Fassim » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Hello everybody, reading this forum I see that I'm in the good company of like-minded people. I'm just short of 66 years old and played Frontier Elite II back in the 90s as well as games like X-Wing and Descent Freespace. I'm also into realistic flight simming so had a HOTAS available for ED when I started playing about a month ago. So far I've stayed in Solo making money by trading first in an Adder then a Type 6. Most of the time these have been unarmed because it seems easy to evade NPC pirates. I guess in Open I would be cannon fodder! I'm hoping to make my second million soon, trading has been quite addictive: for me the fun has been sticking with the same ship and building up resources so there are lots of choices. My Cmdr name is a tribute to the great Iain M Banks. Hoping to make some friends here and have a lot of fun.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: CMDR Fassim

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Fassim. Using your HOTAS for E-D sure makes for a nice, immersive flying experience. :)

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: CMDR Fassim

Postby GreenViper » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 am

Welcome Commander Fassim